Reputation point leak

Gronk

Hello,

I have just noticed I've gotten stripped of 51 reputation points over night. My count was at 210 yesterday, and now I am down to 159. Seems like the forum software is acting up again? Just wanted to let you guys at Aerosoft know.

25 minutes ago, mikewhiskey said:

Hello,

I have just noticed I've gotten stripped of 51 reputation points over night. My count was at 210 yesterday, and now I am down to 159. Seems like the forum software is acting up again? Just wanted to let you guys at Aerosoft know.

Have you installed P3D Version 3.3? it seems to have broken a few things...

Sorry, I couldn't resist :hi_s:

The strange thing here is that it doesn't affect everyone and the " loss " of reputation " points " varies from person to person . Seems I've had several " down votes " as well .

This isn't the first time that things have " gone wrong " after a forum update and the old saying comes to mind , " If it isn't broken ... Don't fix it " .

After the previous " update " , one item that disappeared ( never to return ) was the preview function when making a post , quite helpful as you could see how your post would look and be able to check for spelling etc .

My personal theory on this is that the points given a long time ago have been lost, so that only "new" points are shown.
This would explain the different losses by different users.

Just a theory though for which I have no proof at the moment.

Emanuel ,

That would have to be points " given " since the last " update " then but as a previous poster claims some 100 points removed , he must have made quite a few posts lately . The questions still remain though that they are now no longer there , how many people are " affected " and why .

• Deputy Sheriffs

John,

I don't have access to the internals (the database) of the forum, but Emi's assumption makes sense to me. There are users who did not even lost hundreds but thousands of points (Mathijs himself for example). 

It happened yesterday morning, way outside of any update that was installed as far as I can see it.

As Mathijs said, it will be analysed and if there is anything that can be done, it will be done. 

And yes, I am also not happy with the cutback in my points and hope that somehow they can be restored. 

We will see...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Same here, but I think guest's can down vote? (look at the date ...)

Please login to display this image.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

That's an incorrect assumption. We are however completely lost to why this happened and even more about how to fix it (if it can). That's why we have forwarded it to the developers.
However if I have to make a guess, it won't be solvable. 

Archived