Tobus

Flights 69-77 , going down under

Flights 69-77 , going down under  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Have you reached Australia?

• Hell no, because [insert lame excuse here].
    • Throw another shrimp on the barby!

Cracking on, trying to get some flights in the bag in order for my personal trip around Australia...

Leg 71 complete, WAMM, Manado Sam Ratulangi to WASS, Sorong-Jefman

A bit moist in the rainy season when I left

2016-6-16_10-0-10-46.jpg

2016-6-16_10-56-58-922.jpg

Jefman, ex-WW2 air base.  You're kidding, right?  This view made me review the schedule Tobus.... lol

2016-6-16_11-53-24-193.jpg

Got down ok and will enjoy the island with a cold beer in the nearest hammock ;)

2016-6-16_11-56-30-489.jpg

Cheers guys,

Happy landings!

Another weekend late night/early morning flight

A greeting at Manila'S Domestic Apron

2016-6-18_23-58-53-323.jpg

Goodbye!

2016-6-19_0-19-0-564.jpg

Vapours below

2016-6-19_0-27-36-214.jpg

Heading down south.

2016-6-19_0-29-11-945.jpg

Parked at Zamboanga. Not exactly the best place to stay in the Philipines, I have to say. In real life one should probably avoid the area.

2016-6-19_1-33-13-85.jpg

Hi guys,

Leg 69 RCKH-RPLL done

-2016-jun-19-004.jpg

Leaving kaoshiung.

-2016-jun-19-012.jpg

-2016-jun-19-031.jpg

Aproaching airport Ninoy Aquino

-2016-jun-19-036.jpg

Destintion reached.

Cheers,

Ruud

No soccer this afternoon , time to fly the next leg : oh, by the way : we are on schedule : 3-0 win against Ireland, up to the next round :diablo_s:

Leg 70  RPLL  RPMZ  Boeing 737/800

RPLL.jpg

gate.jpg

overcast AS16 beta Active Sky 2016

overcast.jpg
overcast1.jpg

enhanced weather gauge with included realistic airborne radar mode AS16

radar.jpg

thunderstorms.jpg

RPMZ parking

rpmz.jpg

In order not to loose ground completely, I'm going to post my last report - actually a flight I'd done today.

#69 - 2016-06-19 - RCKH - RPLL, Manila,  B772, 545nm, 1.3 hrs ,PR2 PARPA G581 HCN M646 ESCAN ESC1

It had been an afternoon flight and the expected landing time was around sunset. Therefore I took a bit more of fuel as the likeliness of thunderstorms is really high with the beginning evening and during the night.

Here we go, just while starting the engines.

2016-06-19_RCKH-RPLL_01_AB.jpg

We had to taxi to RW9 again and saw during the flight deck preparation all signs of thunderstorms. However, our take-off and climb had been without any problems. We passed the high reaching clouds in sufficient distance.

2016-06-19_RCKH-RPLL_02_AB.jpg

The weather front over Taiwan being displayed on our WX radar showed pretty much the contours of the southern coast line.

Here we reached meanwhile the main island of the Philippines, Luzon. The clouds are illustrating the not really promising weather forecast we got about twenty minutes before:

METAR RPLL xxxxZ 09005KT 050V130 9999 FEW023CB FEW025 BKN100 30/25 Q1010 NOSIG RMK A2983 CB NE TO SE WITH OCNL LTG (Remark: I didn't use "historical weather")

2016-06-19_RCKH-RPLL_03_AB.jpg

Well, it became worse. After a sort of slalom race around the red tinted areas on or radar picture we turned in to RW06, getting a sort of welcome firework.

2016-06-19_RCKH-RPLL_04_AB.jpg

Fortunately we didn't get any changing winds during our approach. An A320 in front of us had to go around as it got a lightening stroke during the short final and the crew had to recover their eyesight. Here we are just before touching down. If your are looking closer you might see the heavy rain.

2016-06-19_RCKH-RPLL_05_AB.jpg

Game over! It's time speaking about the scenery.

I had installed RPLL Photoreal.zip (AVSIM) by Oliver Imperial. Even if the picture looks quite nice, a closer look after leaving the runway revealed something different. Even when parking in a well defined distance from a jetway, CTRL+J just triggered the message that an aircraft needs to be parked on a parking spot to use this function - really odd. The layout looks acceptable (of course, it follows the photo cover), but it has severe flaws regarding the aprons textures, the size of parking spots and taxiways which are rather vehicle paths (way too narrow). Therefore I used an old spell and a severe change happened during the night. The original photoscenery became suddenly a standard one, but designed by Matthew Brooks, following Alpha-ndia Group's standards. Here it is (aig_rpll_ninoy_aquino_manila_fsx_default.zip, AVSIM):

2016-06-19_RCKH-RPLL_06_AB.jpg

Gates for heavy aircraft are everywhere and everything seems to work. Wonderful, first I want to fly and a couple of positions later comes the need for photo real scenery (and if so the image sharpness shouldn't be blurry).

So long guys, see ya hopefully soon - I'm catching up.

• Upvote 2

Hi happy fellows!

Well, next leg to report. By the way, France team is not going bad too, but a 3-0 for belgium is awesome pasterke :)

Leg 69 completed

RPLL-RPMZ

Going South...

Flight route. Green, planned; Red, actual.

Flight RPLL to RPMZ - 18062016 small.jpg

Date: 18.06.2016  Call Sign: Five-Lima-Juliet

Aircraft: Learjet 24B

ROUTE: RPLL-MIA-TAALA-VERDE-TAPAP-SAJ-PUSIT-OCORO-TINDO-ZAM-RPMZ

Flight Time: 01:10

Cruising:  FL370

Average TAS: 422 kts   Take-off speed: 174 kts   Landing speed: 90 kts Landing VS= -161 fpm

Off-Block: 16:00  Takeoff : 16:13  Landing: 17:23   On-Block17:29

Distance (Real/Expected) 479/462 nm

Saturday June 18, 4 PM at gate 106, Manila-Ninoy Aquino international airport. After a very pleasant week at Manila, it’s time for the next leg, to Zamboanga in the south of Philippines. A JetStar plane at the gate? Australia gets closer!

2016-6-18_16-24-49-675 small.jpg

Holding for runway 13. An Airbus A320 from Cebu Pacific is takingoff, this is flight 569 departing to Mactan.

2016-6-18_16-36-11-221 small.jpg

Takingoff from runway 13, wit a view on Manila skyline.

2016-6-18_16-39-27-144 small.jpg

On a due south route, we pass 14,000 feet climbing to FL250. On our left, the Mount Banahaw (or Banahao) which is an active volcano on Luzon Island. The 2,170 m three-peaked volcano is considered by Filipinos as a "Holy mountain" (since a single mountain with three peaks, as an image of the Trinity) and is thus quite popular among pilgrims along with mountain climbers since it is a high mountain not far from Manila.

2016-6-18_16-46-32-880 small.jpg

Flying southward over Lake Taal, in the southern part of Luzon Island, with the Mount Macolod (or Makulot) immediately on our left along the lake. This lake is the caldera of an ancient giant volcano that once stood here, and mount Macolod is a caldera rim of the former volcano. Ahead is Verde Island Passage, the strait that separates the islands of Luzon and Mindoro. This strait is one of the best diving places in the Philippines due to its pristine clear waters and nice under water view. Wreckages of Spanish galleons that sunk in the XVIIth century are found in this passage.

2016-6-18_16-47-3-821 small.jpg

At FL370, our cruise altitude, flying over Cuyo Passage with the Sulu Sea ahead, we come close to a Cathay Pacific Airbus A330 going from Hong Kong to Cairns. We are not going that way directly, but we both share the same general direction: Australia. On our left, are visible the tip of Panay Island and, in the background, the heights of Negros Island.

2016-6-18_17-16-36-806 small.jpg

Descending to 9,000 feet in the approach circuit for runway 09. Zamboanga is at the south extremity of the Zambanga peninsula that is part of Mindanao Island. On the other side of the Basilan Strait is Basilan Island. Both islands are parts of the Philippines Republic, but this strait forms a cultural barrier. People on Mindanao and all islands north are Christians. People on Basilan Island and all islands south are Muslims.

2016-6-18_17-45-7-98 small.jpg

Finale for runway 09 at RPM. Quite curiously, ILS gives an approach direction that does not fit at all with the runway axis … did you, guys, notice the same?

2016-6-18_17-58-53-862 small.jpg

At the gate, Zamboanga international airport after a 1 hour and 10 min flight from Manila. Now, a week to spend in this place, enjoying Mindanao island and, maybe, having a trip to Davao.

2016-6-18_18-11-5-42 small.jpg

That's all for today folks!

Have happy landings and enjoy this Tour as much as I enjoy it.

Philippe

Aerosoft World Tour Logo OFFICIEL small.jpg

The charts do not specically speak of a displaced angle. But looking at the diagrams the ILS approach course is 2° off the heading of the runway.

10 hours ago, Philouplaine said:

Hi happy fellows!

Well, next leg to report. By the way, France team is not going bad too, but a 3-0 for belgium is awesome pasterke :)

Hopefully we meet each other which would mean we play the final  :boingy_s:

Leg 72 complete, WASS, Sorong-Jefman to WABP, Timika-Tembagapura

Making time for a few side trips, a pleasent flight with a bit of a heat haze which cleared as the day progressed

2016-6-18_12-34-39-399.jpg

2016-6-18_12-49-49-360.jpg

2016-6-18_13-10-6-135.jpg

All quiet here, time for a bit of exploring before kick-off :)

On 18-6-2016 at 7:00 AM, dcda said:

I know this is well in advance, but I do hope we will not in our future trips try to cross the Himalayas or land at Lhasa.  I am not sure this airplane could make the trip (even though I'd probably be crazy enough to try). :P

Well, Lukla is still on the list of must-visit places ...

vor 33 Minuten, Tobus sagte:

And how am I supposed to land a 737 there? ;)

4 hours ago, Tobus said:

Of course I could not deny anyone Lukla.  I suppose I do have an airplane suitable for that landing, and perhaps after this set of leg there will be enough small-airstrip experience.

Anyway, it is really the "up and over" part that makes me tremble -- a 6-8K M passage is daunting.  (But then, I have not closely examined the charts, perhaps I am only imagining things).

LEG 69 : RPLL-RPMZ
  ONLINE : IVAO
    DATE : 20.06.2016
TAKE OFF : 18:52z
 LANDING : 20:49z
CALLSIGN : DLH478
AIRCRAFT : Lockheed Constellation
   ROUTE : MIA A461 TINDO DCT ZAM
DISTANCE : 460 NM
      FL : 190
 REMARKS : SIMULATING DAYLIGHT 

leg69.JPG

Hi guyz,

Lukla is not bad, especially the Aerosoft scene is quite nice, with a sloppy runway ... but a rather short one: about 1,500 feet, with a threshold facing a steep ravine at oneextremity and finsihing with a wall of rocks ... uneasy to say the least.

Lhasa-Gonggarr sounds better because, it has all the pelasures of flyign thru Himilaya together with a long runway fitted for big commercial jets.

@pasterke: belgium-france ... ah the RedDevisl against theBlue ones ... that would be noce ;)

Have a great day!

philippe

On 18.6.2016 at 11:54 AM, sideout said:

Got down ok and will enjoy the island with a cold beer in the nearest hammock

Hmm, beer might be a problem. The next ship will be arriving in about two weeks and last time it only had walnut juice on board.

18 hours ago, pasterke said:

Albania also has a (little) chance to go through

You guys need to hurry up a little bit in order to collect all the pics. The ladies from Romania might be already on their flight back as well as those from Russia (whilst watching TV I saw at least three being worth a second look).:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Philouplaine said:

Lukla is not bad, especially the Aerosoft scene is quite nice, with a sloppy runway ... but a rather short one: about 1,500 feet, with a threshold facing a steep ravine at oneextremity and finsihing with a wall of rocks ... uneasy to say the least.

Lhasa-Gonggarr sounds better because, it has all the pelasures of flyign thru Himilaya together with a long runway fitted for big commercial jets.

Philippe, your're right - going back to business.

Lukla is a must, because of the short an sloped runway, I support Tobi absolutely.

A challenge for bigger jets is definitely Paro (Bhutan). You might want to read a related report of Boeing. BTW, the winner had been Airbus' A319. In FSX it is possible even to land a B744 (likely not in reality, due to certification and weight constrains) and the most challenging way to do it is the downhill-ride from the east.

However, what we could do is to fly from Paro to Lukla with a small but capable bird (the Twotter is an option) and continuing to Kathmandu.

Leg 70 RPLL-RPMZ done.

AMA195

6/21/2016

6/21/2016

FLIGHT #: RTWAS070

FLIGHT #: RTWAS070

Flight Information Click to collapse / expand

Pilot

AMA195

Flight Number

RTWAS070

Flight Type

Scheduled Cargo

Flight Date

6/21/2016

Service From

RPLL - Ninoy Aquino Intl

Service To

RPMZ - Zamboanga Intl

Scheduled Depart Time

Scheduled Arrival Time

Total Flight Time

01h 21m

Flight Distance

529 Miles / 851 Km

Scheduled Aircraft

E50 - Embraer 500 Phenom 100

Aircraft Flown

Carenado EMB505 Phenom 300 N24RM

Block Out

20:48 LOCAL :: 16:39 FS TIME :: 8:39 ZULU

Block On

22:21 LOCAL :: 18:12 FS TIME :: 10:12 ZULU

Block Off

21:0 LOCAL :: 16:51 FS TIME :: 8:51 ZULU

Block In

22:22 LOCAL :: 18:14 FS TIME :: 10:14 ZULU

Block Off Weather

Clear :: 32 SM

Block On Weather

Clear :: 42 SM

Touchdown Speed

Touch Down VS

Final Flight Status

You arrived at RPMZ - Zamboanga Intl

-2016-jun-21-002.jpg

-2016-jun-21-021.jpg

-2016-jun-21-036.jpg

-2016-jun-21-039.jpg

-2016-jun-21-041.jpg

-2016-jun-21-043.jpg

Cheers,

Ruud

47 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Leg 70 RPLL-RPMZ done

Me too... ^_^

Okay, here is my report:

Leg #70 - RPLL - RPMZ, Zampoanga, 466nm, B772, 1.5 hrs, VER2C VERDE A461 SAJ W3 BURCO

Due to the tower's decision I had to change my weather based planning even if the cross wind had a slightly tail component. After two landing aircraft we got the clearance. leaving the airport of Manila behind us.

2016-06-21_RPLL-RPMZ_01_AB.jpg

Usually we would have to make some kind of  meandering in order to fly the given SID. Fortunately ATC allowed a shortcut, mainly because of some icy clouds on our path. Nonetheless we had planned a route leading us over the islands to show our passengers a bit of the landscape below. The flip-side had been some predicted thunderstorms with ceilings of about 27,000 ft, probably some bumps, but nothing too uncomfortable for our PAX and cabin crew. Unfortunately the plan didn't work. Our flight over Mindoro, the neighbouring island would have happened the same way for both possible routes and this was the last spectacular view we had to offer. Here they are Mount Baco having 2,488 metres (8,163 ft) and the nearly as high reaching Mount Iglit, both surrounded by a National Park wearing their names.

2016-06-21_RPLL-RPMZ_02_AB.jpg

Admittedly, the jungle dominates the view rather than both mountains. However it looks nice. The cloud cover you might see at the right background became dense and we neither saw anything from Panay Island and its mountainous west coast nor Kanlaon Volcano in Negros Island south of it. The next visible land had been the shore close to our destination airport, while the airport was covered by dense and quite low hanging clouds. We had just passed 5,000 ft and used the automated landing capabilities of out jetliner before we saw the runway in front of us below 1,500 ft.

2016-06-21_RPLL-RPMZ_03_AB.jpg

Zamboanga airport is not as big as its suffix "Intl." proposes. The Terminal building is rather a hangar with quite small doors and it took our passengers quite a while before they had entered the building. However, the luggage had been unpacked quickly and so most of them had not to wait a second time to get their belongings. Here we had just arrived, waiting for the landing stairs while the little sister a our right hand asked for being pushed back.

2016-06-21_RPLL-RPMZ_04_AB.jpg

The B772 has to turn in order to fly back to Hong Kong and I will change my ride again.

All the best guys, I'm up to date I think and now I'm waiting for your proposals where we are going to meet.

Before I forget: As RPMZ is a bit poor in FSX, I pimped it a bit today afternoon in order to fit better to Google Earth. Of course I corrected the direction of the ILS localizer. However, I didn't see any apron markings in those low resolution satellite pictures that had been my template. Well, I didn't care as you can see above. :P

• Upvote 1

Finally got loose from work and private matters to get a flight in again. Left RCKH towards Manila RPLL.

Got a new paint on, Blue Thunder. Quite the looker but up close a bit low on resolution. Oh well. Got of easy enough and zoomclimbed to FL150, after that setting the MP and RPM on fast cruise. That would give me 650nm range on the wingtanks, so I turned it down a notch, trading 10KIAS for a 850nm range forecast.

The flight was uneventful, although on the approach to Manila I ran into foul weather. I circumvented it while descending, getting a straight in approach for runway 13.

I tapped her out smoothly, only a -12fpm touchdown. Must be getting a hang of this powerhouse, on wich I have now flown more than 100 hours since giving her a full overhaul before we left from Paderborn.

KBsgLbd.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.