Tobus

Flights 69-77 , going down under

Flights 69-77 , going down under  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Have you reached Australia?

• Hell no, because [insert lame excuse here].
    • Throw another shrimp on the barby!

Tobus    113

Hi all,

from all proposals, this is the final tally. I've used Philiipe's proposal with some slight adjustments:

- Madang and/or Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea are added, being spectacular landscapes and airports.

- Alice Springs is skipped to prevent short legs.

Naturally diversions like Kai Tak are all your own choice and responsibility.

Since there seem to be a lot, I'll put in a 2 week pause at the end instead of the normal 1 week. This gives room for summer vacations, diversions to other fields and the stragglers catching up. This also makes the starting dates per leg even more a guideline than normal.

#69 - June 10th - RCKH - RPLL - 484nm

#70 - June 17th - RPLL - RPMZ - 466nm

#71 - June 24th - RPMZ - WAMM - 367nm

#72 - July 1st - WAMM - WASS - 413nm

#73 - July 8th - WASS - WABP - 402nm

#74 - July 15th - WABP - AYMD (532nm) or AYPY (682nm)

#74a - xxx- AYMD - AYPY - 267nm

#75 - July 22nd - AYPY - YHID - 299nm

#76 - July 22nd - YHID - YBMA - 625nm

#77 - July 29th - YBMA - YAYE- 543nm

Then 2 weeks pause, so next batch start will be at August 19th.

The online map has been added upon.

I'll contact Mathijs to see if any discounts can be found.

Farlis    132

So let me be the first to open up the new batch:

Fyling along the Philipine Coast

2016-6-11_1-32-47-636.jpg

On final

2016-6-11_2-3-59-958.jpg

Parked at the International Terminal

2016-6-11_2-14-30-652.jpg

dcda    116

I found a Free add-on for Horn Island, YHID, made by some gentleman in Australia, who is connected to the AussieX / OZx group.  As best I know, this group has some connection (maybe overlap) with FTX/OrbX.  They  have been building Australian airports and points of interest for years, and have made efforts to keep their work compatible with the OrbX developments -- even up to present-day Global Base.

I want to show some comparison images, but I must explain that I recently upgraded to the OrbX unified lclookup (Landclass lookup) table, which mean Global Base, Vector,and the Australian region are always active.on my machine.  This means it would be difficult to show how the airport looks in default / unchanged FSX.

That said, the person who made the add-on re-created the island because it was not quite correctly located in FSX.  From what I see, it looks like this has been corrected by Global Vector . . . but there will be a slightly greater change in the "after" picture for those on default FSX (or without Vector), because the island coastline may be changed.

The next two picture are taken from the same camera location.

Before (OrbX Global Base, Vector and Australia only):

Horn_Island-before.jpg

After (activate the add-on in addition to the above):

Horn_Island-after.jpg

A view from the other side of the airport

Horn_Island-after_2.jpg

The only "complaint" I could raise are the strange shadows produced by many of the library object used (signs beside the runways and the hand-placed trees close to the airport).  I believe this is caused by an incomplete conversion of the textures from FS9 to FSX.  (I will be taking a look at these to see if this can be corrected.)

If you want this airport add-on, the instructions seem slightly confusing to me. Because of the channel by which I discovered the scenery, at first, it was not clear (to me) what needed to be installed and what could be left out.  I am certain any reader could figure it out with little effort, but with that experience in mind I offer some excessive instructions:

You will need to download two files:

1. The object library from  http://www.alanblencowe.com/FSX/FSX_ModelLibrary.html

It is the first link on the page:  "Alan's GMAX Model Library & Texture Kit (17MB)"

2. The scenery itself, from this page

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5536-old-version-mb-torres-straight-islands-package-horn-kubin-badu-and-tuin-islands/

(Give little attention to the works about how this is an "old" file.  It is the newest available.)

3. Install the Object Library:

The confusing thing about this is "What are all these empty folders?  Where are the libraries?"  The install is really quite simple.  Ignore the empty directories.

- I left out one file, because that only adds an AI Cessna 172 flying back and forth between Busselton and Manjimup every two hours.  As I read the information this is using a default FSX Cessna, so it is not much of an issue to include it if you wish.

- Copy the entire texture folder.

Blencowe_install.png

4. Scenery Install

- This package contains two "sceneries" -- the airports ["AFLD", red circles and lines below] and the landclass ["LC", blue circle and line], which must remain separated.

- Here again, I left out a traffic file from the airport Scenery folder.  In this case, the traffic is a little more extensive, but the instructions say it uses models from the OrbX Freeware Australia AI Traffic (which must be installed).

As far as I know (from reading on internet forums), that AI package uses many unconverted FS9 aircraft models, and this can/will cause FSX AI traffic models (and possibly other objects?) to be invisible, unless the FSX settings option: "Aircraft cast ground shadows" is turned off.  I like those shadows, so I must moved the file to a place where it will not be used, but where it can be quickly re-added if/when I choose (yellow arrow).

- Copy the entire texture folder.

- Copy the Landclass Scenery and Texture folders to a different "scenery" folder.

Horn_Island_Install.png

5. Add the 3 sceneries to the scenery list.  Notice the appropriate order -- Airports above Landclass, above Library.

(Of course, you can move the three up or down, just leave them in that order and above any OrbX entries.)

Scenery_Settings.png

That is all.  Fin.

~ ~ ~

There is another island add-on for the above scenery-region.  It is to be installed in the same directories (Airports and Landclass).   Available at:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/5296-ozx-yyki-yorke-islands-nth-qld/

CAUTION: However, this add-on appears to have one FS9 object library included, this may cause problems with FSX objects -- in particular, it may cause AI aircraft to be "invisible" just as with the AI Traffic package mentioned earlier.)

Finally, these above sceneries were created to fill in a gap in a larger add-on which adds many islands and reefs to the Torres Strait region -- between Papua New Guinea and Australia.  That scenery is available at

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3324-ozx-torres-strait-islands/

HOWEVER, this scenery requires that the OZx libraries also be installed (available from that same website).  Again,  even alone these are an improvement over default FSX, but they are intended to be used with OrbX, add-ons Global and Australia.  At that site are also many, many smaller airports, dirt strips, and points of interest spread across Australia.  Highly recommended, just more work to install and too many details for this post.

It you will be flying high over these regions, you may have no use to investigate these packages.  But, for flying low and slow across this area, they will probably make a large improvement to your experience.

Good flights!

Philouplaine    96

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the info.

I have the Australia package by OrbX. The Horn Island airport is a bit improved, we could compare the Aussie nice work you've found with the basic YHID airport in AUS package.

Thanks for the info.
Well, it seems that Farlis's 737 is already parked at RPLL ... Great! For once, pasterke is not runnig legs ahead of us B)

Philippe

Farlis    132
vor 1 hour , Philouplaine sagte:

Well, it seems that Farlis's 737 is already parked at RPLL ... Great! For once, pasterke is not runnig legs ahead of us B)

Philippe

Don't tempt him ;)

Dirk-NL    22

Of course Pasterke. Since the Netherlands are not participating, I go for Belgium too. (It still hurts :cussing_s:)

Leg 69: RCKH to RPLL. 496,2 Nm Flown on Sunday June 12th.

Route: RCKH HCN M646 LAO B462 CAB RPLL

Block-off: 10:08z   Takeoff: 10:21z   Touchdown: 12:30z   Block-on: 12:36z

Metar: RCKH 121230Z 06003KT 020V090 9999 FEW012 SCT025 BKN090 26/25 Q1008 NOSIG

The metar tells me different things than what I saw around me on RCKH...

2016-6-12_11-59-34-387.jpg

...but that had something to do with ASN. After a restart the rain stopped.

Initially I was aiming for FL230 so after takeoff from RWY09 I followed the HN1 SID. Soon after leaving the coast my weather radar showed me that it was going to be a challenging ride. Climbing to FL250 was not enough and The Duke is certified to FL260 so I could not climb above the weather. The solution was 'stearing around the cells and that is what I did.

2016-6-12_13-10-41-873.jpg

Anyway..... I forgot to check my EFB on the available approaches. Given the wind (360 at 6) I planned for an ILS approach on RWY06. Later I saw the RWY31 at RPLL was greyed out. Guess what? Of course ATC ordered me to RWY31. Never mind. I'll go for that.

Metar: RPLL 121238Z 00001KT 000V360 9000 FEW025 SCT300 29/23 Q1011

Dirk 

Farlis    132

I glanced at the charts and it says that landing at 31 is not allowed except for emergency.

In fact there are quite a few restrictions on Runway use in effect at RPLL. 13/31 is closed on Thursdays between 14:00 and 20:00. 6/24 is closed Wednesdays and Fridays between 17:30 and 19:30.

I really wish FS Atc would be flexible enough to be able to program stuff like this into it.

pasterke    27
4 hours ago, Dirk-NL said:

Of course Pasterke. Since the Netherlands are not participating, I go for Belgium too. (It still hurts :cussing_s:)

Hi Dirk,
ken het gevoel, hopelijk komen we ver in dit tornooi, want we hebben wel wat kosten gemaakt

Hi Dirk,

know the feeling, I hope we go far in this tournament because we have incurred cost :lolsign_s:

media_xll_8617895.jpg

sideout    24

At least supporting England I know we won't last long enough in the tournament to interfere too much with my flying schedule (we'll probably be on the first flight back after the group stage, if we don't get kicked out even earlier!) :lolsign_s:

Anyway, Leg 68 (I think) completed, RCKH, Kaohsiung International to RPLL, Manila-Ninoy Aquino

2016-6-11_12-47-0-230.jpg

I have to say, the fields below look uncannily like the UK ;)

2016-6-11_13-57-12-601.jpg

2016-6-13_8-50-35-978.jpg

Onwards and downwards, hopefully not like our football team! ;)

Philouplaine    96

Hi happy fellows!

Well, next leg to report, first of this new series.

Leg 68 completed

RCKH-RPLL

To Manila

Flight route. Green, planned; Red, actual.

Flight RCKH to RPLL - 11062016 small.jpg

Saturday June 11, 3 PM, we left gate 13 at Kaohsiung international airport and we’re ready for the first leg of this new series of flight beaming Australia. At runway 27 holding point, waiting for this China Airlines Boeing 737-800, flight CAL947 to Hong Kong, to takeoff.

2016-6-11_16-46-59-620 small.jpg

Last view on Taiwan and its most southern tip, the Oluanpi Cape (on right).

2016-6-11_17-3-42-586 small.jpg

Crossing the Luzon Strait at our cruise altitude (FL390), Philippines is ahead.

2016-6-11_17-29-4-233 small.jpg

On a southeast route, we pass FL210 descending to 17,000 feet on approach to Ninoy Aquino airport from the North. We fly close to the city of Angeles and the big Clark International airport (RPLC) which is also one of the main air base of the Philippine Air Forces.

2016-6-11_19-1-50-662 small.jpg

We are on the downwind leg for runway 31, we come close to the Laguna de Bay, the largest freshwater lake of Philippines with a shoreline of 220 km. Manila is on our right and, in the background and partially hidden by clouds Mount Banahaw, an active volcano (2,170 m) considered by locals as a Holy Mountain.

2016-6-11_19-11-31-235 small.jpg

At 2,700 feet, in the last turn for runway 31 finale, with a  view of Manila skyline along the Paranaque strip of land that separates the freshwater of the Laguna de Bay, over which we are flying, and the seawater of the Manila Bay. On the other side of the bay, the Bataan Peninsula is seen with the Mount Mariveles at its extremity, a dormant volcano. This mountainous Peninsula provides beautiful settings for the sunsets seen at Manila.

2016-6-11_19-18-44-352 small.jpg

On short finale for visual approach to runway 31 … Wow! A Philippines Airlines A320 takes off from runway 24 at the same time …

2016-6-11_19-24-48-5 small.jpg

Parked at gate106 at Manila – Ninoy Aquino international airport after a 1 hour 22 min flight from Kaohsiung over the Luzon Strait. And, now, we have a full week to enjoy Manila and the welcoming spirit of Philippines people.

2016-6-11_19-34-3-452 small.jpg

That's all for today folks!

Have happy landings and enjoy this Tour as much as I enjoy it.

Philippe

dcda    116
2 hours ago, Philouplaine said:

<snip>

On short finale for visual approach to runway 31 … Wow! A Philippines Airlines A320 takes off from runway 24 at the same time …

I prefer my air controllers to have enough confidence to keep things moving, but this example show perhaps a little too much.  Just a 15 second delay on the part of that A320 pilot and you might have gotten a much closer picture of his bird. :o

sideout    24

Leg 69 complete, RPLL, Manila Ninoy to RPMZ, Zamboanga trying to get ahead to make time for a trip to Tasmania! 

Awaiting the go signal....

2016-6-13_9-9-30-951.jpg

Up and away climbing to 22500ft for the trip south to Indonesia

2016-6-13_9-13-58-844.jpg

2016-6-13_9-34-32-256.jpg

Descending under the cloud base for the approach into RPMZ, Zamboanga

2016-6-13_11-9-38-387.jpg

Rather enjoying these legs, nice and varied.

See you shortly!

pasterke    27

Hi all,

no football this afternoon , so time to go for the first flight of the new bunch :

Leg 69  RCKH  RPLL  Boeing 737/800

RCKH gates

gaterckh.jpg

rckh.jpg

hold for traffic

holdfortraffic.jpg

overflying RPLL

overflyingprll.jpg

Approach

approach.jpg

landing

landing.jpg

RPLL gate

rpllgate.jpg

Tobus    113

Being a Dutchy I don't have football issues :lolsign_s:.

But I will be on business trip and immediately after that pleasure trip, so will start flying from Taiwan again sometimes next week.

@ AMA flyers: the routes have been set up in VCAS so you can continue the trip for the company. Sorry for the delay, the import tool for routes got changed, mucking up my template for that. All good now.

down under.png

Farlis    132
On 13.6.2016 at 21:33, dcda sagte:

I prefer my air controllers to have enough confidence to keep things moving, but this example show perhaps a little too much.  Just a 15 second delay on the part of that A320 pilot and you might have gotten a much closer picture of his bird. :o

Well that happens when the landing pilot is using an illegal approach. RW 31 at Manila is only for emergency landings. ;)

Busflieger    7

69a: RCKH-VHXX (Kai Tak): I could not resist to make a stop over into the past - thanks to our scenery developers (here: scenery by slai ). Kai Tak was famous for its "Checkerboard approach" (Rwy 13) and was closed in 1998.

slide show

Video

Departing in RCKH:

68-1.jpg

The approach beginns (Kai Tac in the background):

68-5.jpg

Checkerboard on the left (lead-in lights worked well but are not visible on screenshot):

68-6.jpg

Final turn:

68-7.jpg

Finally, an exiting leg into the past.

Philouplaine    96

Hi guyz!

@dcda

Just a 15 second delay on the part of that A320 pilot and you might have gotten a much closer picture of his bird. :o

well that was not "that" close though ...

@Farlis

Well that happens when the landing pilot is using an illegal approach. RW 31 at Manila is only for emergency landings. ;)

Well, FSX ATC is one thing, the fact that I enjoy to be an "illegale approacher" is another !! LOL B)

Philippe

sideout    24

Leg 70 done, RPMZ, Zamboanga International to WAMM, Manado Sam Ratulangi

Quiet here this morning

2016-6-14_12-18-25-248.jpg

Seem to have the whole sky to myself today

2016-6-14_12-30-57-483.jpg

Just a few scattered clouds below 25000 ft for company

2016-6-14_13-23-55-488.jpg

Ahh, some companions!

2016-6-14_14-17-18-228.jpg

Time for a beer and see if there's an internet feed for the football!

Happy landings!

FlyingAxx    129
On 12.6.2016 at 7:09 AM, pasterke said:

Hi guys,
currently there is the European Soccer Championship going on, so I have not enough time to fly. Go Belgium Go
:boingy_s::diablo_s:

Hmm, a couple of days later, other ladies might smile...

serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bin

Sorry, couldn't resist...

nealmac    244
1 hour ago, FlyingAxx said:

Hmm, a couple of days later, other ladies might smile...

serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bin

Sorry, couldn't resist...

She'd have plenty to smile about if I had my way with her :lol:

WFX478    32

LEG 68 : RCKH-RPLL
  ONLINE : IVAO
    DATE : 16.06.2016
TAKE OFF : 17:09z
 LANDING : 19:17z
CALLSIGN : DLH478
AIRCRAFT : Lockheed Constellation
   ROUTE : HCN M646 SAN W4 MALIB DCT CAB
DISTANCE : 523 NM
      FL : 190
 REMARKS : SIMULATING DAYLIGHT

leg68.JPG

Dirk-NL    22

Leg 70: RPLL to RPMZ, 469 Nm on Friday, June 17th

Route: RPLL VERDE A461 TINDO RPMZ

Block-off: 10:19z   Takeoff: 10:33z   Touchdown: 12:33z   Block-on: 12:38z

Metar: RPLL 171000Z 11006KT 070V170 9999 SCT023 BKN290 31/25 Q1009 NOSIG

It was raining cats and dogs (not really) and there were some CB's in the viciinity. Unfortunatly the Rex/Milviz WX Weather Radar that I bought a few weeks ago is INOP. It does not work in P3Dv3.3 and it crashed P3Dv3.2 when loaded in The Duke, So I had to do it with ASN's xgauge untilt v2.0 of the WXR comes out. Well... the xgauge does the job and after takeoff from RWY 24 I ignored the SID and steered around the cells, levelling off at FL230 minutes later than usual because of the heat (31 C). But soon after that the sky was reasonably clear:

2016-6-17_12-49-26-227.jpg

Most of the flight was over water and surpise, surprise..... the destination was covered with nasty weather.

Metar: RPMZ 171200Z 00000KT 9999 FEW017CB BKN300 29/25 Q1010

I expected an ILS approach for RWY09 but ATC decided otherwise: RNAV RWY27. Nice. Again I had to steer around some CB-cells, but hey, that's what us pilots call 'interesting flying weather' isn't it.

Dirk

dcda    116

While appreciating the flight stories of those who have chosen to go to Hong Kong, it was better for me to go direct to Manila.  Lots of plans for the future, better to be ahead than behind.

With the idea of making two flights on this day, I started early-morning, before 7 A.M., airport time.  Like a Xiamen, with the overnight lay-overs, more aircraft present than when I arrived.  I must be lacking a proper sense of the distances in this region, because it seems these Asian airlines use B737s and A320-series for many international flights.  Such as that blue Vietnam Airlines bird.  Nice to see the color, but my mind has a tendency to think he is far from home (though he is not).  It seems the Daily Air Dornier has not moved from the parking spot he was in when I arrived.  I guess that place must be assigned to them.  At least he has some company of an unidentified Lear Jet.
2016-6-16_15-43-18-141.jpg

The weather was superb for this time of the day, and the winds also neither helping nor hindering.

2016-06-16 [68]: Kaohsiung [RCKH] - Manila, Ninoy Aquino [RPLL]

RCKH R09.HN1.HCN M646 SAN W4 CIA.vectors.LUCAN.ILS06 RPLL
rckh-rpll_route.png

Nearing Hengchun city (and airport) while flying the last part of the SID to the HCN VOR.
2016-6-16_16-32-4-725.jpg

Then about 90 minutes flying over water.  Passing over and near more land, then more time over water.  The hand-off to the approach controller came a little earlier than expected, which I attribute to the vectored approach.  (Handling by vectors certainly seems workable now, unlike a year ago when I first started using ProATC.  I believe there were improvements added to an update.)

I took the rare opportunity to descend early.  It seemed the approach would allow plenty of time to establish the proper flap configuration, so I took the opportunity to descend a little early and fast.  Without flaps, taking the airspeed closer to the red-line.  So, I was much closer to the airport before reducing speed to drop the flaps.  And with a simple approach -- only a couple of minor turns, everything went well.

Here, almost to the final approach fix at the TARA intersection.  There seems to be some strange issue with the ground (blending) for this scenery.  You may notice the city of Manila just visible to the far left.
2016-6-16_19-57-55-902.jpg

A little closer, established on the glideslope.  A little peek to the left to see the cityscape from a closer vantage.
2016-6-16_20-5-3-642.jpg

It is difficult for me to imagine what it must be like for the people who actually live right there... directly under the landing path and just off the end of the runway.  I would like to imagine that they only return to their homes during hours when the airport is quiet, but I fear not.
2016-6-16_20-8-11-94.jpg

(The gold and white aircraft, at the far-left of the image, will re-enter the story later.)

Assigned to Gate 35, on the south side of Centennial Terminal, which is usually limited to Philippine Airlines domestic flights.
2016-6-16_20-13-26-512.jpg

(Ninoy Aquino Intl and Manila City, Pacific Island Sims)
An expensive add-on.  But, then I would liken the Manila cityscape as being on the level as the New York City add-on by Drzewiecki Designs.  Not that large, of course, but it does cover a large area in exquisite detail.  Performance is also not too bad, bottoming out about 15-16 fps on my machine, with quite a few AI aircraft.  Most of the time a little better than that.

So, there I stopped for about 30 minutes for rest, service and refueling.  By the time I was ready to begin the pre-flight, it was approaching noon and the mid-day rain/thunderstorms had begun.  (I am actually surprised that the crews were willing to conduct refueling operations with lighting in the vicinity.)

2016-06-16 [69]: Manila, Ninoy Aquino [RPLL] - Zamboanga Intl [RPMZ]

As I was running around (trying to stay dry) while perform the "walk-around," that white and gold aircraft passed by.  A Gulf Air A330-200, taxiing out to runway 24.
2016-6-16_20-45-49-891.jpg

I had been assigned to the same runway, and wanted to follow him immediately.  But, even with the shortened pre-flight (some checks are skipped after the day's first flight), he was long gone before I was ready.  But, it would seem an emergency had been developing while I was making ready.  As I began my taxi, the long line of departing aircraft waiting for runway 31 (five of them) were made to wait longer by an arrival on the same runway.
2016-6-16_21-12-35-170.jpg

(The ProATC data page has all Runway 31 STARs marked as not allowed.  This fits the airport procedures, but I guess the FSX AI control does not understand.)

Fortunately, I did not become entangled with that runway 31 mess, and was able to taxi around it on my way to 24. Then, one of those "interesting" developments.  I arrived at the waiting point, contacted the tower, and was told to standby.  A Korean Air bird announced he was ready for runway 06 (the other end of "my" runway).  We both waited while a Malaysia Airlines plane landed.  Then the Korean Air guy was told to line up.  Well, okay, even if I was first to check-in, I can understand that the controller wanted to get the jet aircraft moving first, since he will be out of the way faster.  The Korean Air bird is given takeoff clearance.  Then immediately, immediately, I was instructed to "line up" on 24.  I look way down there, and Mr. Korean Air has not even started rolling yet.  I do not know how anyone else feels about this kind of situation, but if the Korean Air bird had to abort is takeoff, I did not want to be in his braking path.  
I did not mention anything to the controller, but I did take my sweet time getting the transponder and  lights turned on, and finishing up the other checks, such as the visual check for traffic conflicts on the runway:
2016-6-16_21-19-29-697.jpg
In the end, the controller did not say anything to me, either.  I was not scolded for being slow to line up.  So, I guess we are in silent agreement that this round is a "draw."
Honestly, when I read the charts for this airport, this is just the impression that I take from it -- too much pressure in a small, confined space.  And many instructions trying to avoid events such as this.

RPLL DINNO1.DINNO W26 SAJ A461 TINDO.TINDO1.ZAM.ILS09 RPMZ

rpll-rpmz_route.png

Shortly after takeoff, the aircraft was enveloped in clouds for the first 30 minutes of flight.  There was a major thunderstorm centered over Manila.  The sky became clear over most of Mindoro -- nice views, but nothing we've not seen before.  And, then, the afternoon thunderstorms truly got into gear.  It was a bumpy ride for most of the flight with no visibility until below the clouds on final approach.

Nicely, the approach procedure only added to, and did not alter my programmed flight path, so that was good.  And all was well ... until it became clear that the ILS beacons were not aligned with the GPS procedure.  So, in the end, it was a mess of an approach -- above the glideslope, below the glideslope, far off one side of the glideslope.  "Autopilot, you may yet be the [simulated] death of me!  But, not today."
2016-6-17_1-2-8-187.jpg

Even with the last-minute "Windshear!, Windshear" alert, made it to the ground in one piece and without damaging the aircraft.  I call that "success."  Ending at a lonely airport.  The ground crew looked please to have something to do.
2016-6-17_1-9-43-987.jpg
(FSX default airport)

I am reminded that we are now back in the tropics, much like our time flying down the South American coast, last year.  Calm and quiet in the mornings, thunder in the afternoons.  Remembering the trip down South America brings to mind the trip back northward on the other side.  I know this is well in advance, but I do hope we will not in our future trips try to cross the Himalayas or land at Lhasa.  I am not sure this airplane could make the trip (even though I'd probably be crazy enough to try). :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.