Huge VAS drainage near Frankfurt.

sanyok

P3D v3.2, new EDDFv2.

No matter what I fly, I end up with low VAS around 400,000 mb (iFly 747 will not even make it there, even though the last version is well optimized). Even with default EDDF there is a problem in the region, perhaps because of other sceneries (besides EDDF I have - EDDM, EDDTv2, EDDL and EDDH) so I'm not sure the new EDDFv2 is totally at fault but it is sure VASy as hell. The VAS starts draining far from airport when still in cruise altitude, with 200000-300000mb memory chunks gone at the time. This is a disaster, can't fly there... Can anything be suggested here?

My settings are about 65% average, with no single setting at max.  I have FTX, UTX-EU2 not maxed, and OpenLC EU, that's it. ASN+REX.

Today morning I landed PMDG 777 in Megaport EDDM Munich with 530,000 vas at the end (from KIAH over night), 530,000mb is a close call but acceptable. But a previous day I landed iFly 747 at EDDF v2 with 200,000 vas remaining, some buildings were black, I was able to shut down the engines and then the sim crashed. Flew the approach again and again, the VAS drainage is gigantic every time I flew the approach starting from 34,000 feet. STAR - ROLI1M, transition TAU to runway 07C.

Then I flew to EDDFv2 the A320 from Dublin and Avro 100 from EDDT (with EDDM disabled in the library), always ended with critical VAS, aaaahahhhh................  

important note: generally I have no issues with VAS, I can fly a 777 FB KSFO to Megaport EGLL and land with 800,000 MB remaining which is the worst case scenario in P3Dv3, never get less than that at the end except Germany...........

Same here, also in P3Dv3.2. Never had any OOM since I switched to P3D about a year ago, now, when approaching EDDF v2, I always run into VAS issues. I also see that the whole region seem to be extremely demanding, as FPS start to drop already 30, 40nm out. In contrast, when flying out of EDDF v2, it seems to be fine, performance is ok and I can manage easily a flight into the airport I was flying from before. Means: ESSA (ORBX) to EDDF v2 -> autogen and VAS problems alread on final. EDDF v2 to ESSA (ORBX) -> no autogen problems, no VAS issue. Seems that the whole region of EDDF v2 has a memory leak somewhere...

• Deputy Sheriffs

As the VAS thing is being discussed in another topic, with various solutions provided, this topic will be closed.

Archived