No parking positions in ORBX PAKT and CZST

mmc71

I'm a relatively new user of Simstarter NG so that some mishandling from my side may be involved.

Nevertheless, when I select one of the before mentioned Orbx airports as starting airports then the parking positions are not recognized by SNG. Only runways are given in the drop-down list as potential starting positions. This means that I have to use the classical FSX starting method for those two airports. Is this a known issue and how can I get rid of this ?

Regards, Michael

• Developer

Have you tried to "refresh Airport Information"?

Please login to display this image.

Click the button and wait until the list has been refreshed.

• Developer

Strange. Which ICAO is it? Can you please post your "runways.txt" file? Located at the simulator root folder. Better ZIP it.

Looks like ORBX did something "special" with this airport?!

I dont know about CZST but for PAKT ORBX provided an AFCAD with only the runway an 2 "start-loations" to position the AC on the parking spots.

this is due to the apron lying several dozen feet below the runway and FSX not able to depict such things (same als AS Lukla with that sloped runway)

vor 9 Minuten, data63 sagte:

I dont know about CZST but for PAKT ORBX provided an AFCAD with only the runway an 2 "start-loations" to position the AC on the parking spots.

Yes indeed. For PAKT you have the runways 11 and 29 and two parking positions named 1 and 2. The FSX startup menu shows them all but SNG list the runways only. I also checked the runways.txt and the two parking positions are included in this file also.

you will not find them as "Parking positions" as they are only starting points - you'll have to use one of the to position your aircraft. AI traffic will not work in PAKT (just land and disappear)

Parking positions is the name I gave them. In the runways.txt you'll find the following:

Parking Park1 [#G1]:  N55:21:14.6341  W131:42:21.1640
              Type 2 (GA Ramp Small), Size 10.0m, Hdg 85.0T
          Parking Park3 [#G2]:  N55:21:06.1144  W131:42:09.2775
              Type 12 (?), Size 16.0m, Hdg 45.6T

The format is not different from "parking positions" of other airports. And as I said, FSX lists the positions correctly and SNG does not.

• Developer

Okay, it's like Jürgen told you.

The parking locations you've found are based on the "Default Airport" (line 35849 of the file). The ORBX Airport (line 1638220) itself has a higher priority but no parkings or gates at the AFCAD. I am not a scenery expert and I am pretty sure this has a very good reason done by the ORBX professionals. But that's the reason why NG does not detect parking positions.

I am sorry. I would need to make an exception but therefore I would need the information how many airports are effected of that kind of design and the related parking positions - just to think on it.

Thanks to you and Jürgen for your investigations.

Ok, if it does not work out I have to live with it. However an open question for me is how and why can even the old FSX handle this scenario without any problems ?

Archived