Airbus 318/319

walt642

Using Multiplayer...... Logging on, I connect with server, I select "any Aerosoft Airbus" and that aircraft loads with no problem,  "but" when I go to "Join Session" that's when my machine locks up and freezes. This only happens when I select the "Aerosoft Airbus" So I connect, I am able to select and load the Aerosoft Airbus but from this point on I can't join the session.

Walt,

Multiplayer is not used for Connected Flight Deck (CFD) connection. The Aerosoft Airbus is not like a default aircraft, it's a higher level simulator which requires some study and setup to get working properly and to be able to fly it.

There is a section in the manual for CFD, as well as the OVPA Guides pinned to the top of the CFD forum.  Going through the CFD Manual and OVPA Guides will help you to get CFD working. 

Walt... the Connected Flight Deck (CFD) information can be found in the first Aerosoft Airbus manual (Vol1) starting on page 10.

Again, best wishes!

We are not using CFD, they connect right to my computer. My brother is having no problem connecting and flying the Aerosoft Airbus. Yet my cousin can't join if he selects an Aerosoft Airbus. I'll have to see what this CFD is, because we haven't done anything with this. I'll try and get back to you, Thanks. Walt

Walt,

My friend, I'm sorry you're having problems.

I'm not sure how to help you beyond what I've already said in your previous thread.

Only so that there are no misunderstandings, I'll offer some specific information which may or may not apply to what you are doing:

1. There is an Airbus aircraft made by Microsoft which comes standard with FSX.  Aerosoft did not make this aircraft and we do not provide support for this aircraft.  The Airbus that we provide support for has to be purchased as a separate product from FSX (see HERE).

2. FSX Multiplayer will work with the Airbus made by Microsoft (which is included with FSX), however FSX Multiplayer DOES NOT work with the Aerosoft Airbus.  There is nothing you can do to make FSX Multiplayer work with the Aerosoft Airbus.  Attempting to do this simply will not work. You mentioned that you're brother is able to connect and share the aircraft with you indicates that you are either using a Screen Sharing Program OR you are using the Microsoft Airbus via FSX Multiplayer.

3. If you are using a SCREEN SHARING PROGRAM of some type, then  you're on your own as we do NOT provide support for that, but you may wish to contact the developer of that software.

4. Whatever you are doing (it's still not clear to me).... it's fairly obvious that if two people can do something and the third can't, then the problem is with the third person (their computer, software, settings, etc.).

5.  If you want to share the Aerosoft Airbus between two people as we programmed it to do, you MUST USE CFD  and should go through the Aerosoft manuals and the OVPA CFD guides I suggested in my previous post.

My very best wishes.

Dave Thanks. Yes I'm sure it's something at my cousins end. Because my brother and I connect and fly the Aerosoft Airbus with no problem and without screen sharing and CFD. I do want to thank you both for your effort. I'll close this with you as I don't want to be a pain in the butt for you guys. Thanks again though. You tried and I appreciate it. Have a great day. Walt

Your not a pain at all, I'm always happy to help.  I just wanted to ensure we were both on the same page and working with the same information.

Would you mind explaining exactly how  you and your brother are connecting and flying the Aerosoft Airbus?

Thanks in advance!

Sure Dave. The three of us purchased the Aerosoft Airbus 318/319 & 320/321 from PC Aviator. I use my computer as the server and they log onto my computer to fly multiplayer. We fly all the time with different aircraft and no problem. The three of us wanted to fly the Aerosoft Airbus. I start FSX, I then select  multiplayer, then I "Host a session" they then log on to my computer using my ip address, they connect, they select their aircraft, and when that's done they "Join Session" and we fly. Everything always works perfectly. But if my cousin selects an Aerosoft Airbus everything is going well until he selects "Join Session. That's when his computer locks up and freezes. He said he uninstalled the Aerosoft Airbus and re-installed the 318/319 only, untill we get this figured out, then he will re-install the 320/321. What's weird is that mu cousin  can join the session with any other plane and everything works well. He has this problem only with the Aerosoft Airbus. I know this is a tough one for you to figure out at your end. I will be attending the Flightsim Con 2016 in Connecticut June, 11th and I believe Aerosoft is going to have someone attending also. I'm hoping I can talk to who ever represents Aerosoft at that seminar. But you have to admit I am giving you a challenge to figure this one out. My guess is to have my cousin un-install and re-install the Aerosoft Airbus one more time and see is that resolves the issue. I would have no problem doing that, but he gets frustrated and nervous about doing this. He thinks if he downloads and install a program and it doesn't work it's going to mess up his whole machine. The three of us have high end machines over $3000.00 so we have the best processor, memory, hard disk and video cards in our machines.  Hope this helped a little Dave, ask your other Geek friends if they have a clue. It's like a personal thing now, like I have to know what would cause this.  And once again, "I Thank You" for working with me on this. Your one of the "Good Guy's" Thanks Walt

Walt,

Regarding the problems you're having with your cousin... are you trying to connect three (3) people at the same time?  If so, the FSX Multiplayer Aircraft Sharing only works for two people at the same time.  If you're simply trying to connect with just you and your cousin then I strongly suspect his port forwarding is not correct AND/OR he has a software firewall that is blocking the communications.

Just a few questions for you guys, which if you don't mind you might check on your next flight.

1. When you and your brother connect and fly, are you both controlling the aircraft (speed, altitude and heading) or do you take turns?

2. Are you programming the FMS (inputting a flight plan via the MCDU) and if so is the flight plan does up for the other person?

3. Does the auto throttle work for both both parties?

4. If you set speed, altitude, heading, does the set speed show up on the other person's front panel?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Again.

#1. We all control our own aircraft

2. All three of us program our flight plans into the MCDU

3. All controls work in our own aircraft

4. Speed, altitude and heading work on all our aircraft independently

Have my multiplayer set up so 8 people can join. I can adjust and choose how many people I want to let fly with us.

There seems to be a compatibility problem with my cousins Aerosoft Airbus and our Aerosoft Airbus that's preventing the join session.

"But you just gave me a good idea." I could have you join us on one of our multiplayer sessions. Then you can see exactly what is happening.

My email address is walt64215@att.net      if you would like to fly with us and see exactly what is going on...... email me. I'll give you our TeamSpeak information and I'll give you my ip address so you can log in. I'll set up a time for you and I'll have you, my brother and my cousin and me all log in and connect. There's no need for that CFD. When you want to fly with us just, Start FSX & log into FSX multiplayer, click sign in, click connect directly and enter the following ip address  32.211.52.161 , click on find session, select your plane (An Aerosoft Airbus if you have one)  and when your ready click on join session.  Email me if you would like to try flying with us. Walt

Walt,

I think I now understand what you guys are doing.

You're in the Shared Cockpit / Connected Flight Deck forum, which is for people who share the same aircraft (pilot and copilot).  From what you described above, you guys are each flying your own aircraft via an FSX Multiplayer session.  Note that Microsoft Shared Cockpit (two people sharing the same default FSX aircraft) is also accomplished via the FSX Multiplayer menu, which is why I thought this is what you were doing.

I'm afraid that my joining you guys for a Multiplayer session would not accomplish anything, and though I used this system many years ago I haven't so much as looked at it in many, many years.  There is however a guide for FSX Multiplayer which can be found via Google and there are also people who run dedicated servers for FSX Multiplayer.  This is where I suggest you guys look for assistance.

So that you're aware... I fly on VATSIM, which is a realism based flight simulation/air traffic control based server.  It takes a fair amount of study to learn real world ATC procedures before one embarks on this type of network.

I wish you the very best.

Archived