EDDF V2 Autogen, crazy docking system & OEM

The last hours, I have reproduced twice an error on my system for a flight from EDSB to EDDF. I tested both at Night and Day. And for the first time of my life, I ran into an OOM error. This was P3D V32 and VFR Germany. At night, VFR Germany was deactivated, but Night Environment X was active. No other sceneries were active (I use SimstarterNG).

What I experienced:

1. No autogen on approach rwy 07R : I did try both with active EDDF Terrain enabled in the scenery library and without.

2. Upon landing, the APIS of the docking system (Aicraft Positioning and Information System) were not working and the boards were misaligned (see pictures). As an example I have included the Cargo position F211. At one try, the APIS boards of the docking system even rotated.

3. I closed the sim and then I got the window hinting to the OEM error.

My observations:

a) As said before, the error was reproducible.

a) It seems that missing autogen, running out of memory and the EDDF_docking.bgl are somehow connected.

c) I do not experience these errors when starting from EDDF. It seems just to happen when approaching EDDF V2 from an other airport.

d) I also found that there are some places north east of the airport, where autogen is missing when VFR Germany is active. I do get better results when I just disable the EDDF Terrain folder in the library when using VFR Germany.

Any ideas ?

Chris

Please login to display this image.

Hallo Oliver,

Thank you. I just finished one more flight with an other aircraft (PMDG 777). Also here, some autogen is missing when approaching RWY 07R and the docking boards are quickly rotating when looked at them with a certain viewing angle.

The pic below again is at F211. You you can see, the labeling is going lost. So, something is going on with the EDDF_docking.bgl.

• Developer

The autogen issue is found and fixed, was not only the docking file.

The rotating issue i never see, try to slew but all was correct.

When i have the ok to upload the fix, we can see if the issue is maybe solved too.

Great to hear that Oliver!

As a workaround I just have deactivated the EDDF_docking.bgl, and had at least the autogen back (trees in autumn). But the labeling of F211 on the blue board was not there. Strangely, in the distance, the labeling of the next parking row (F213 etc.) can be seen.

Regards,

Chris

Cargostorm, I'm not sure I can reproduce your error. From what I can see, the back of stand is unlabeled 

Please let me know if I got you wrong but it seems to me ok.

Amos

Amos, you are right. I somehow mixed the positions in the photographs. So let's wait until Oliver brings out a fix so that EDDF_docking.bgl (and hence APIS) can be used together with the autogen. I will check then if there is an OEM message and/or rotating docking boards.

For VFR Germany users: in order to avoid different colours of the photo scenery in the airport area, I have deactivated the eddf_aerial.bgl. To improve autogen (trees) in the NE and SW parts of the airport, I also deactivated EDDF_WALD-NORD-LandClass.bgl and EDDF_WALD-SUED_LandClass.bgl. Just in case someone wants to try. The files are sitting in Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 Terrain folder. It may or may not work for you.

Hi all,

this issue with the rotating part, is there to see by FLYTAMPA LGAV latest version also. I remember also that another user has report the same by FLYTAMPAs forum for an other addon airport also, not FLYTAMPAs one.

Its very frustrating, me and a friend of mine, we thought at 1st that that was happening from the IVAO/IVAP software and especially when we were online. After further try outs, we have found that the problem pops up even if the IVAP is not installed or even when IVAP is not started. We have searched even more but we couldn't find whats causing it after all.

I second the autogen issue, no autogen when approaching 7R just some minutes ago. Perfectly fine autogen, when starting on EDDF and flying around...

• Developer
vor 8 Minuten, Querer sagte:

I second the autogen issue, no autogen when approaching 7R just some minutes ago. Perfectly fine autogen, when starting on EDDF and flying around...

As I wrote above, there are more files effecting Autogen. All are fix and part of the upcomming update.

Hi Oliver, I already wrote my comment before I have seen your replies here and in the other thread. Perfect, then I wait for the update.

Archived