Optimal Cruise Altitude PMDG 747-800i

Hi to all,

I use PFPX to generate my flightplans with the PMDG747-800i and use the standard PMDG 747400 aircraft template. However, PFPX usually gives me an initial optimal cruise alttude which is far lower than the optimal altitude calculated by the PMDG747800i FMC which wants me to do a rather unrealistic first step climb whenever I reach the initial PFPX cruise altitude which i entered to the FMC at the gate. Is there a way to get rid of this problem? I usually plan the flight in PFPX, send the plan to TOPCAT and let TOPCAT adjust the aircraft.cfg with the ZFW from PFPX, then I load the flight in FSX, and send fuel and payload data from TOPCAT to FSX. At the departure gate I enter the ZFW and Gross Weight calculated by PFPX into the FMC, then I use FSPassengers to board the pax (I disabled the weight adjustment in FSPassengers, such that this shouldn't interfere with the weight calculations for my flight). Is there anything wrong with this procedure? If not, I guess that PFPX uses different weights or step climb profiles than the PMDG 747400 FMC.  Does anybody know a PFPX template for the PMDG747800i?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks,

draci

I could only plan a flight for the B744 using default templates EHAM to TNCM that produced:

ATC ROUTE: N0488F360 BERG2R BERGI UL602 SUPUR UL60 OTBED UL26 PENIL UL70 BAGSO
           DCT RODEL/M085F360 DCT 48N020W/M085F380 45N030W 39N040W/M085F400
           31N050W DCT RKDIA A516 OBIKE/N0486F400 A516 MNOLO ULUBA1

the initial cruise level matches that of a KLM flight off the coast of Ireland at FL360

Archived