a318 with winglets?

nubin

How can you add something that is already there ?

If you are asking about what everyone else calls " sharklets " , then the answer would be no , because that is regulated by the model .

Hi,

the real A318 does not have sharklets available, therefore we do not include any in our A318.

Emi ,

You spoilt the fun .

My next post would have been to suggest searching ( for example ) Airliners.net for any photo's showing an A318 equipped with " sharklets " , as there are only 218 pages to search through .

Funny how " real " things have to be for people who want it " as real as it gets " . As you point out they don't have any in real life and therefore it's not modelled in the sim either .

• 2 weeks later...

Wow ! You actually found one .

After looking at the vid , went to Planespotters.net and found one photo dated July 2013 : https://www.planespotters.net/photo/395533/d-auaa-private-airbus-a318-112cjwl-elite , since then the aircraft has had the sharklets removed now with current reg VP-CYB . If you follow the link you can click on [ Production List ] to see all A318's , there you can see that it was the only one that was so equipped . I'm sure that Aerosoft are going to re-model the 318 series to include 1 aircraft that flew as such , next would be double bogies ( 1 airline - Air India had a couple ) , SATCOM aerials etc. etc. This would also have to include yet another paint kit for the model to show correctly . I am sure that there are other Airbus aircraft that were " one offs " as well . They didn't model the A319 CJ either , just as PMDG haven't modelled every single B7?7 that has flown , it would be a " never ending " job .

You misunderstood me. I don't wanna have this thing. I just said, that there is/was one ACJ/A318 equipped with sharklets. Nothing more, nothing less. ;)

I'm pretty happy with the models Aerosoft made. :)

3 hours ago, John Glanville said:

Then your question was answered in post #2 .

You've seem to have forgotten who asked the question in post #1.

Then THE question was answered in post #2 .

Is that better for you ? That someone other than the OP replied in the first place , muddied the waters . The fact remains that even though Airbus built ONE A318 CJE with sharklets ( which have now been removed ) , adding an A318 sharklet model ( for one aircraft ) would cost time and effort ( also called money in the real world ) . Having spent the best part of the last 6 years painting Busses and viewed thousands of Airbus pictures one thing is clear , the A318 / 319 is not as popular as the A320 / 321 with airlines and in some cases are even being phased out .

The whole Airbus project has been ongoing now since 2009 / 2010 and development for the A318/319/320/321 is all but ended , although reading the forum here you would think that the work continues 24/7 . Improvements made during the making of the A330 will be added ( where applicable ) . I'll bet that when the project is finally over a " few " bottles of champagne will be opened in the Aerosoft offices .

Archived