Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Premek 

Download today ver 1.02 and did a fresh install, no texture or gates under P3Dv3.2

I followed @Terblanche post and cleaned up Split, Zurich and Prague - removed all entries from exe.xml and simobjects.cfg and reinstall only Prague, nothing changed:

Please login to display this image.

APController.exe 1.0.14.60518 is running in the background.

Next step was installing Split X 1.42 which brings APController.exe to ver 1.0.16.60530 - still no joy! :/

Attached all the requested files.

Thanks,

Amos

apc.cfg

dll_ad.xml

dll_pd.xml

exe_ad.xml

exe_pd.xml

Prepar3D.cfg

scenery.cfg

simobjects.cfg

@Premek How far away are you from a stable version? and is there gonna be a V1.03 that solves the issues?

I cant really find head and tail in what is fixed and what isn't fixed (the thread is getting long :D).

I'm asking because i wanna buy the scenery but i am holding off until there is a version without bugs.

(Don't take this negatively i appreciate your support)

30 minutes ago, Frederik Pedersen said:

@Premek How far away are you from a stable version? and is there gonna be a V1.03 that solves the issues?

I cant really find head and tail in what is fixed and what isn't fixed (the thread is getting long :D).

I'm asking because i wanna buy the scenery but i am holding off until there is a version without bugs.

(Don't take this negatively i appreciate your support)

Version 1.03 was released right now. It fixes the issues with AFCAD :-) Since I had everything working even with the previous versions, and the only thing which was bad was the AFCAD... I guess that this is a version without issues :-)

26 minutes ago, DarrianCZE said:

Version 1.03 was released right now. It fixes the issues with AFCAD :-) Since I had everything working even with the previous versions, and the only thing which was bad was the AFCAD... I guess that this is a version without issues :-)

Thank you :)

1 hour ago, Premek said:

@ageva Please try to replace simobjects.cfg with the one attached in this post.

simobjects.cfg

@Premek 

Please login to display this image.

What a joy! :D

Can you please explain me what did I do wrong? 

Thanks,

Amos

@DarrianCZE @Premek - looking forward to next release ... is there a reason why APC has a problem with PMDG? Every time I load a FSX flight with PMDG aircraft then APC stops working and I have to start it manually?

All my *.xml and *.cfg files are correct, I just have different scenarios for different aircraft in different fsx.cfg files. The fsx.cfg files are exactly the same except for scenery, autogen, and water density for different aircraft.

48 minutes ago, DarrianCZE said:

So basically if I'm using the AFCAD file from the Prague AFCAD thread as well as the new AirportController from Split X 1.42, no need to update Prague, right? ^_^

3 hours ago, Frederik Pedersen said:

As DarrianCZE wrote, there are rarely issues in code from version 1.02. The only buggy stuff was the AFCAD which is fixed in version 1.03

90% of the issues in second half of this thread was caused by either interferring with other add-ons (and APC/LKPR is not guilty) or non-standard/squeezed simulator configuration prior the LKPR was even downloaded (what is generally just secondary effect of some other add-ons influences). What we was able to workaround by our code was done, other stuff must be done manually. I believe you're safe to purchase the LKPR now.

2 hours ago, ageva said:

Can you please explain me what did I do wrong? 

Thanks,

Amos

@ageva I do not think you did anything wrong. The issue was in file simobjects.cfg, where the indexes of sections missed #13. This was probably caused by any previous installation/uninstallation.

Guys in Aerosoft are now investigateing wether we're able to fix this issue prior LKPR installation.

2 hours ago, Terblanche said:

@DarrianCZE @Premek - looking forward to next release ... is there a reason why APC has a problem with PMDG? Every time I load a FSX flight with PMDG aircraft then APC stops working and I have to start it manually?

All my *.xml and *.cfg files are correct, I just have different scenarios for different aircraft in different fsx.cfg files. The fsx.cfg files are exactly the same except for scenery, autogen, and water density for different aircraft.

Frankly? I have suspicion that this cfg changes could "provide" a little tiny change which kills it. May I ask you to send me two sets fo cfg files please? First one, when APC starts normaly without problems and second one with the PMDG configuration.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, ageva said:

So basically if I'm using the AFCAD file from the Prague AFCAD thread as well as the new AirportController from Split X 1.42, no need to update Prague, right? ^_^

Almost. There is also one change specific just to the LKPR - tehre was extended the range where approach lights are visible. Prior version 1.03 it appears/disappears at arounf 8 miles, now it is around 30 miles from airport.

19 minutes ago, Premek said:

Almost. There is also one change specific just to the LKPR - tehre was extended the range where approach lights are visible. Prior version 1.03 it appears/disappears at arounf 8 miles, now it is around 30 miles from airport.

So why it's not written in the changelog? :P

I will remove 1.02 and will install 1.03

Thanks,

Amos

4 minutes ago, ageva said:

So why it's not written in the changelog? :P

It is now :-D

Just modified it in first post of this thread :-)

1 minute ago, Premek said:

It is now :-D

Just modified it in first post of this thread :-)

LOL, good but you forgot to update the version of APC :D

Great job  !!!

one question left , will all APC airports now use one (latest)  version of AP Controller ?,

so we can avoid double installations, when updating previous airports like split-x

rgds sydney

7 minutes ago, sydney1962 said:

Great job  !!!

one question left , will all APC airports now use one (latest)  version of AP Controller ?,

so we can avoid double installations, when updating previous airports like split-x

rgds sydney

As far as I know once you're installing the latest version, any other installation will use it and avoid the reinstalling of APC.

Amos

6 hours ago, Premek said:

Frankly? I have suspicion that this cfg changes could "provide" a little tiny change which kills it. May I ask you to send me two sets fo cfg files please? First one, when APC starts normaly without problems and second one with the PMDG configuration.

Thanks.

You want the two fsx.cfg files, one for VFR and one for IFR flights ...?

11 hours ago, sydney1962 said:

@sydney1962 APC should be always installed (and running) only once. So there should be no double installations.

And yes, when all airports use the latest version, everything should works.

11 hours ago, ageva said:

As far as I know once you're installing the latest version, any other installation will use it and avoid the reinstalling of APC.

That's correct.

9 hours ago, Terblanche said:

You want the two fsx.cfg files, one for VFR and one for IFR flights ...?

Yes please.

Archived