Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

@Premek ... a while ago you've asked me which airports' runway lights I do like. Just did a flight from EDDM - LFRB (Guipavas from France VFR).

The runway lights are clearly visible from 10nm, no shimmering and it is very close to the real 'look' and 'feel' of approach lights. As mentioned before, the older Aerosoft airports have the same approach lights and the only difference will be if it is the MALSF, MALSR, SSALR, MALS etc approach systems. The density will be tweaked in fsx.cfg with the scalar lines.

Kind regards

Terblanche

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Terblanche. That was small misunderstanding.

I thought which lights you like/dislike from those using APC - Prague, Split, Zurich, Tegel... Not sure whether there is diference between Split, Zurich or Tegel, but definitelly Prague is done by other modeler.

Hellío , 

the VDGS does not recognize 737-800 from PMDG, it says UNKN TYPE. I tried the procedure mentioned on page 5 but it did not helped. 

And when I try to instant replay the airport marks, lights (same as the situation with GSX without APController turn on manually) will disappeear.
 Anny suggestions please? 

Just want to let the comunity know, I'm impressed with the great support, Premek offers. Would wish, that other developer would offer such support.

Premek looked to my system yesterday as I had autogen issues due to ORBX. After he was done, I unfortunately installed the latest library because I thought it already supports the new LKPR files.

Then the autogen around the airport disapeared again. I just wrote him and he immediately got to my compute again, fixing it in 3 minitues.. Very nice work Premek!

1 hour ago, gear up and off said:

Would it be possible to make the approach lights show up farther than 8 miles away?

Please be aware that in real life the lights are much less visible then FSX is trying to convince you ... :-)

4 hours ago, Premek said:

Please be aware that in real life the lights are much less visible then FSX is trying to convince you ... :-)

At night in clear weather I can see that far on approach.

8 hours ago, Premek said:

3 hours ago, gear up and off said:

At night in clear weather I can see that far on approach.

@gear up and off I'm sorry - you was right, I was wrong.

The reason I was convinced everything is okay was we had similar discussion in past and discussed with several real pilots what intensity lights are as we have them less intense than the default ones.

But the problem you pointed out is of other sort: As I mentioned somewhere else, APC is switching particular airport off and going to "stand-by" mode once you are further then some distance. And this distance was set very low, hence the lights appeared only very close to the airport.

It is fixed now and will be included in next version of the installer. Thanks for spotting it.

21 hours ago, Swisspilot said:

Just want to let the comunity know, I'm impressed with the great support, Premek offers. Would wish, that other developer would offer such support.

Premek looked to my system yesterday as I had autogen issues due to ORBX. After he was done, I unfortunately installed the latest library because I thought it already supports the new LKPR files.

Then the autogen around the airport disapeared again. I just wrote him and he immediately got to my compute again, fixing it in 3 minitues.. Very nice work Premek!

Hello, 

can you maybe advise how premek fixed this issue as long orbx has not updated their library files.

maybe this can help more people.

thanks for reply.

rgds,

1 hour ago, Premek said:

@gear up and off 

It is fixed now and will be included in next version of the installer. Thanks for spotting it.

Hello Premek, 

Is there any timeline when the next new installer will be rolled out ?

and it should be nice when aerosoft gives a full changelog from V1.00 of fixed issues and still open issues, so we can decide ourself to install new version, or wait until all open issues are solved. because when addons like ORBX or GSX are installed and problem is not fixed in new installer, it is better to wait before updating.

38 minutes ago, sydney1962 said:

Hello Premek, 

Is there any timeline when the next new installer will be rolled out ?

and it should be nice when aerosoft gives a full changelog from V1.00 of fixed issues and still open issues, so we can decide ourself to install new version, or wait until all open issues are solved. because when addons like ORBX or GSX are installed and problem is not fixed in new installer, it is better to wait before updating.

Do not know yet as I want to fix the AFCAD it to be in the new installer version too.

I'll try to create a change log in the first post

Vor 1 Stunde, sydney1962 sagte:

Hello, 

can you maybe advise how premek fixed this issue as long orbx has not updated their library files.

maybe this can help more people.

thanks for reply.

rgds,

What he did went to fast for me but simply let him connect to your computer by teamviewer.

39 minutes ago, Premek said:

Do not know yet as I want to fix the AFCAD it to be in the new installer version too.

I'll try to create a change log in the first post

thanks , that should be really helpful !!

9 hours ago, Premek said:

@gear up and off I'm sorry - you was right, I was wrong.

The reason I was convinced everything is okay was we had similar discussion in past and discussed with several real pilots what intensity lights are as we have them less intense than the default ones.

But the problem you pointed out is of other sort: As I mentioned somewhere else, APC is switching particular airport off and going to "stand-by" mode once you are further then some distance. And this distance was set very low, hence the lights appeared only very close to the airport.

And thank you for this great support and quick fixes. Look forward to the new update, the airport is amazing, my jaw drops every time I sit at the gate and get 70-100fps!

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 11:33 AM, Premek said:

The Harvester Launcher is there for "cropping" unknown aircraft information.

This is used by VDGS right now, but as soon as jetways and GH vehicle will be activated, this is used for it too.

The problem is that we need to know dimensions of every model you guys use, but it is almost impossible to have all included from start. 

We have more than 2000 models included (AI add-ons too) but there is still many of them which we didn't covered.

Harvester is reading all the aircraft you have on disk and trying to read out correct values for VDGS to tell you proper information on aproach.

Hi,

What could be the reason why Harvesterlauncher does not get all my installed addon aircrafts? Is there some limitations? Can't find my Wilco A330-340 in the CustomerAircraftData.cfg for exemple.  I've got 412 aircrafts flyable and 5643 AI Aircrafts in my Fsx...

Skip.

11 hours ago, skipy33 said:

Hi,

What could be the reason why Harvesterlauncher does not get all my installed addon aircrafts? Is there some limitations? Can't find my Wilco A330-340 in the CustomerAircraftData.cfg for exemple.  I've got 412 aircrafts flyable and 5643 AI Aircrafts in my Fsx...

Skip.

OK sorry I've got it! My atc_model were wrong in my Wilco Aibus aircraft.cfg files A330 A340 & A380 instead of A332, A333, A343, A346 & A388.

Skip.

@skipy33 Hi - I'm amazed by your level of investigation - good job :-)

Anyway - looks like other may have the issues too - could you please send me original aircraft.cfg PRIOR you modified it? I'd like to see it and may be I can improve the harvester.

Thanks,

Premek

Hi Premek,

after installing the latest ORBX Object Flow all of the autogen objects disappeared, after reinstalling the scenery the autogen buildings where working again but the vegetation is still missing. Any idea?

12 minutes ago, gforce800 said:

Hi Premek,

after installing the latest ORBX Object Flow all of the autogen objects disappeared, after reinstalling the scenery the autogen buildings where working again but the vegetation is still missing. Any idea?

Not really :-(

Did you check the autogen settings? Is it possible ORBX chnaged it? Should be set to Extreme Dense.

vor 3 Minuten, Premek sagte:

Did you check the autogen settings? Is it possible ORBX chnaged it? Should be set to Extreme Dense.

Tried to put it on Extremely Dense and still nothing :´-(

I landed at Prague but had no ground textures, the same issue as on release with calling gsx and the ground textures disappearing. Does the fix for GSX not work if I am sitting at my departure airport, use GSX, then fly to Prague? edit user error I forgot about the entry for simobjects in the fsx.cfg file its working now

vor 3 Stunden , Premek sagte:

OK, so uninstalling MA Prague, then reinstalling all the FTX Global stuff and finally installing Prague again solved the problem, took me a while but now it works as it should, uff :) 

5 minutes ago, gforce800 said:

OK, so uninstalling MA Prague, then reinstalling all the FTX Global stuff and finally installing Prague again solved the problem, took me a while but now it works as it should, uff :) 

Sorry - but we cannot do anything with it. It's on ORBX now only...

32 minutes ago, gear up and off said:

I landed at Prague but had no ground textures, the same issue as on release with calling gsx and the ground textures disappearing. Does the fix for GSX not work if I am sitting at my departure airport, use GSX, then fly to Prague? edit user error I forgot about the entry for simobjects in the fsx.cfg file its working now

NO - that must be something different. Do you use latest version of LKPR?

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 8:42 AM, Premek said:

@skipy33 Hi - I'm amazed by your level of investigation - good job :-)

Anyway - looks like other may have the issues too - could you please send me original aircraft.cfg PRIOR you modified it? I'd like to see it and may be I can improve the harvester.

Thanks,

Premek

Hi Premek,

Thnaks. I developed my own program to manage FSX aircrafts, sceneries, situations & settings so it's easy to make some comparison. Here are the [General] atc_model values set in Wilco's original aircraft.cfg files:

[General]
atc_type=Airbus
atc_model=A380

[General]
atc_type=AIRBUS
atc_model=A340-600

[General]
atc_type=AIRBUS
atc_model=A340-300

[General]
atc_type=AIRBUS
atc_model=A330-300

[General]
atc_type=AIRBUS
atc_model=A330-200

I didn't check if all my planes were correctly detected by Harvester (only the main I'm using) but if I found some new one I'll let you know.

Regards, Skip.

• Premek locked this topic

Archived