Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested to get your opinion of this latest version Richard. I've held off purchasing this scenery due to the teething problems although it's looking quite stable now. Any comments would be appreciated.

Nick

Hi there Nick!

Well, tonight I flew into Prague version 1.05 for the first time and didn't have any issues. However since I don't have all the issues that have been previously reported in my head I can't say everything is OK...only that I didn't see any issues. One thing though I did notice is where I parked (gate 22) I did't have a jetway but that might very well be simply because there isn't a jetway connected to that gate.

Will have the chance to look more into the scenery tomorrow on the return flight back to Stockholm-Arlanda.

Edited to add I just fired P3D up to have a quick look and interestingly enough this time I did have jetways at gate 22. Two of them where one seems to be for smaller aircraft such as A320 and B737 parked at 22A and then one for bigger aircraft parked at 22 which is the one where I parked. Guess I should have picked 22A instead since I'm flying in the NGX.

Anyway when I landed earlier tonight none of the jetways were there...hmm... Tried connecting the jetway at gate 22 to the NGX using CTRL-J but nothing happened. IIRC one of the longed for improvements in version 1.05 was supposed to be moving jetways using CTRL-J so I'm not really sure right now.

Maybe Premek can comment on this and what is supposed to work and what is not and also why I didn't see any jetways when I landed but did see them now when I fired up P3D and loaded my previously saved flight parked at gate 22.

8 hours ago, yakyak said:

I'm interested to get your opinion of this latest version Richard. I've held off purchasing this scenery due to the teething problems although it's looking quite stable now. Any comments would be appreciated.

Nick

This really depends. I've never had any issue since 1.01, and jetways are working perfectly. CTRL + J is working as well, and they are not FPS hungry now.

1 hour ago, DarrianCZE said:

This really depends. I've never had any issue since 1.01, and jetways are working perfectly. CTRL + J is working as well, and they are not FPS hungry now.

Good to hear the jetways are working.

Then I just need to figure out why they didn't show up when I arrived into Prague from Stockholm but did show up at the same location when I launched P3D next time but also why they that second time were not moving when I pressed CTRL-J.

Just launched P3D again this morning and today everthing seems to be working just fine. The jetways are visible and they are also moving and I also verified all is good in combination with GSX and as you can see from the screenshot below all seems good.

So I'll keep my fingers crossed it will continue to look and work like this from now on. One thing I did and not sure if that maybe helped things working correctly is I downloaded and installed the latest version of FSDT Standalone Addon Manager.

This is what it looks like now at gate 22 with the NGX.

Please login to display this image.

May I ask those of you experienced weird isues with dynamic jetways ("sometimes" mising one or all jetways) in version 1.05 to try to get it reproducible?

I mean - if you can find a way how to see issue for 100% not just suddenly appears?

I have a suspicion it might be related with changes I did for improving performance issues but I'm not able to reproduce it.

First of all - do you have latest FSDT version? Looks like it helped for some of you.

Few use cases as a hint:

1. Start the FSX/P3D at Prague but immediately change the departure airport and fly to Prague

2. Depart from Prague, then flight to your destination and back to Prague

3. Start FSX at other airport then Prague and then fly to Prague

Please be sure you write answer to this post ONLY in case you're able to reproduce this issue every time.

Thanks,

Premek

I have this issue with missing jetways ONLY when I ARRIVE from another airport!
When I depart at PRG no problem at all - but there no jetways when I return back. (always have to start apc.exe again....)

2. Depart from Prague, then flight to your destination and back to Prague

3. Start FSX at other airport then Prague and then fly to Prague

Yes to these two points - never checked out how point 1 is working out.

Hi, I have 2 issues to report:

1.) VDGS and jetways are not working on alternate stands

2.) on stand no.4 (the first stand on the west side of pier A, closest to the runway) the jetway is too short to reach doors of 737 parked on the non-alternate stand

30 minutes ago, iFlyCZ said:

1.) VDGS and jetways are not working on alternate stands

Yes and this is as designed - it's hardlu possible to implement alternative stands into FSX.

31 minutes ago, iFlyCZ said:

2.) on stand no.4 (the first stand on the west side of pier A, closest to the runway) the jetway is too short to reach doors of 737 parked on the non-alternate stand

Will check.

Will you also check Premek why the jetways are not visible after a flight into Prague but only when you start from Prague as kindly confirmed in post #563 above by BA937?

24 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Will you also check Premek why the jetways are not visible after a flight into Prague but only when you start from Prague as kindly confirmed in post #563 above by BA937?

Indeed. Working on that. The problem is I could not reproduce :-(

So it's blind shooting just trying to find what part of code is problematic....

26 minutes ago, Premek said:

Indeed. Working on that. The problem is I could not reproduce :-(

So it's blind shooting just trying to find what part of code is problematic....

OK, so if you fly into Prague from another airport you still have the jetways at Prague airport when you land?

Problem is, that there are people like me, who does not have issues at all. This won't be a problem with the code. It could be a problem with something installed incorrectly.

28 minutes ago, DarrianCZE said:

Problem is, that there are people like me, who does not have issues at all. This won't be a problem with the code. It could be a problem with something installed incorrectly.

So when you start at another airport and fly into Prague you have visual and working jetways when you arrive? And are you also using P3Dv3.3.5?

And I'm still waiting for a reply to the same question from Premek since he said he can't reproduce the issue.

Looks like there was a weak point in the code which might cause this issue.

May I ask "brave souls" to test patch attached to this post?

These are EXE and DLL files which should be replaced in 'AirportController' folder.

Please ensure you BACKED UP your current files first.

JetwaysMissingOnArrivalPatch.zip

Thanks Premek!

So does this mean you were now able to reproduce the problem? If 'yes', did you try this fix yourself to confirm the problem was fixed over at you with this fix in place? Or maybe like DarrianCZE suggested above there's no problem with the code but rather an installation/configuration issue?

I will try the fix out but I would like to have some comments on the fix and how it was tested over at you and what exactly it's supposed to fix before I volunteer being a guinea pig. The thing is I'm already very busy re-installing everything on my PC due to another issue so I can't really afford to invest too much time into a single problematic product.

53 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

So does this mean you were now able to reproduce the problem?

Yes

If 'yes', did you try this fix yourself to confirm the problem was fixed over at you with this fix in place? 

Yes :-)

I will try the fix out but I would like to have some comments on the fix...

Well - the problem was in code, but it might not appear on every computer.

54 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

The thing is I'm already very busy re-installing everything on my PC due to another issue so I can't really afford to invest too much time into a single problematic product.

Don't worry - if you'll back up (rename) your current files, you can get safelly back within minute. It's nto an installation - just affected DLLs.

OK, so this is what I've found time to test at this time.

I tried starting at ESSA and I then moved to LKPR using the P3D menu and the jetways were working both without and with the fix applied.

I tried starting at ESSA and I then moved to LKPR using the map in P3D and dragged the a/c icon to LKPR but the moment I pressed OK APC crashed and I ended up at LKPR with no ground textures etc. After manually restarting APC all worked fine again including the jetways. This was with the fix applied, I didn't try this technique without the fix applied.

If the only way to trigger the problem is to actually fly into LKPR from another airport I don't have time for that right now I'm sorry but maybe someone else with the same problem can give it a go if time permits.

• Premek locked this topic

Archived