Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

• Deputy Sheriffs
37 minutes ago, f.skywalker said:

Hi Premek,

my mail always returns. Is 12 MB to large.

Frank

Emails can't be bigger then 5mb, they should be smaller then that. You can use things like wetransfer to sent someone files if you need to do that ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, f.skywalker said:

Hi Premek,

sorry all mails i send are coming back.

Frank

He told you to send him

- fsx.cfg

- exe.xml 

- apc.cfg (from 'Aerosoft\AirportController' folder)

And I highly doubt that they are that big. So I recommend reading properly...

12 hours ago, Premek said:

@Gastonreif Run 'HarvesterLauncher.bat' from the 'Aerosoft/AirportController' folder.

This needs to be done every time you install new aircraft or livery.

Dear Premek, i tried that. Nothing changed. I see that harvester is searching for fsx.cfg in system folder c:\users\blah blah and

updating one config file in APC folder. However when i look inside of this CFG file

there are plenty aircrafts models with different liveries but none of them are installed on my system.

I tried that run as admin, same result, no effect. In the bat file is also "E:\FSX false".

How can i tell harvester find my airplane and have correct coordinates to main door exit or correct position in the gate?

6 hours ago, gforce800 said:

Hi Premek, it looks like the jetway does not even connect correctly to the aircraft door, it stopped like this:

This is weird = what airplane, what parning please.

vor 28 Minuten, Premek sagte:

This is weird = what airplane, what parning please.

Aerosoft Airbus A320 on stand 31, let me find out if i have the same problem on other stands or with other aircraft.

Just for a change: I'm happy (and surprised) to report that the jetway update didn't cost me any significant number of frames and the jetways connect properly so far. I'm surprised about that because I actually have no high-end computer either. I run FSX with SP2 on an Acer Aspire E5-771G-71PT notebook with Intel Core i7-5500U 2.4 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 840M 2048 MB, 8192 MB DDR3 and 1016 GB HDD + 128 GB SSD (FSX is installed on the HDD).

But I can console any users who ask themselves why it works on my system, but not on theirs: While many of you had no problems with EDDF v2, that add-on still runs with severe FPS losses and lots of OOMs on my system. So there really seem to be some hidden secrets within the most recent Aerosoft sceneries which make them run well on some systems, but crappy on others.

My only request to you, Premek, is to reconsider whether the jetways shall really only work when parking brakes are on (and N2 is below 5 %). The normal use case is to put wheel chocks on and release parking brakes at the gate, so it would be nice to do that also in Prague without seeing the jetway moving away from the airplane immediately. ;)

@FWAviation - that is indeed very interesting ... I assume you have LSZH, LDSP and also EDDT installed as well as SODE? My FPS are locked at 30 - and most airports hover around 28/29 but at LKPR it drops below 20 once I start taxiing. Only EDDF, EDDT, and EGLL have such a big impact on my FPS and I have a pretty decent rig with all scenery disabled except departure and arrival airport to maximise VAS usage when flying Airbus or PMDG. All of this with ASN, AI traffic, GSX and EZD running in the background.

@Premek - maybe CTRL+E [open doors] should be the trigger for gates to connect and not CTRL+. [parking brake]

... and one more suggestion: I remember that when FlyTampa's EKCH was released there was a tremendous hit on FPS and OOMs ... it turned out that there was a clash between some EKCH autogen and ORBX and once that was fixed, the FPS are a very stable high 25/28 on my system. Could it be the case with LKPR?

Have a great day!

vor 21 Stunden , Premek sagte:

Sorry Stefan - I'm using Quote and it does make a mistake sometimes - if you can see my answer it takes this line from previous post.

What I wrote as an advice was if you could try to set scenery priority of Mega Airport Prague as highest. Let me please know if it helps.

Hey there, the Scenery is at the Top of den Libarry. Same Problem....!?

1 hour ago, Terblanche said:

@FWAviation - that is indeed very interesting ... I assume you have LSZH, LDSP and also EDDT installed as well as SODE? My FPS are locked at 30 - and most airports hover around 28/29 but at LKPR it drops below 20 once I start taxiing. Only EDDF, EDDT, and EGLL have such a big impact on my FPS and I have a pretty decent rig with all scenery disabled except departure and arrival airport to maximise VAS usage when flying Airbus or PMDG. All of this with ASN, AI traffic, GSX and EZD running in the background.

@Premek - maybe CTRL+E [open doors] should be the trigger for gates to connect and not CTRL+. [parking brake]

... and one more suggestion: I remember that when FlyTampa's EKCH was released there was a tremendous hit on FPS and OOMs ... it turned out that there was a clash between some EKCH autogen and ORBX and once that was fixed, the FPS are a very stable high 25/28 on my system. Could it be the case with LKPR?

Have a great day!

Like FW Aviation I have normal frames at LKPR with jetways working as they should do. My new problem is that when I fly to the airport from another destination the Jetways are no longer there.

The ground textures & lights are still there however unlike previous versions 

For Ref I have LSZH  EDDT installed also. I installed LKPR first then the others. APC is still the version installed with Prague 1.04

2 hours ago, FWAviation said:

Just for a change: I'm happy (and surprised) to report that the jetway update didn't cost me any significant number of frames and the jetways connect properly so far. I'm surprised about that because I actually have no high-end computer either. I run FSX with SP2 on an Acer Aspire E5-771G-71PT notebook with Intel Core i7-5500U 2.4 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 840M 2048 MB, 8192 MB DDR3 and 1016 GB HDD + 128 GB SSD (FSX is installed on the HDD).

@FWAviation Thanks for a feedback - really appreciated.

2 hours ago, FWAviation said:

My only request to you, Premek, is to reconsider whether the jetways shall really only work when parking brakes are on (and N2 is below 5 %). The normal use case is to put wheel chocks on and release parking brakes at the gate, so it would be nice to do that also in Prague without seeing the jetway moving away from the airplane immediately. ;)

Well - this was already pointed out by other in support mails. I decide to implement triggering by Ctrl+J so it will be in any of the next release.

1 hour ago, Stefan bradtke said:

Hey there, the Scenery is at the Top of den Libarry. Same Problem....!?

@Stefan bradtke Please send me your CFG files (descirbed in first post) to support (at) xht-labs.com

1 hour ago, Terblanche said:

@Terblanche Interesting idea - we can check.

@Premek The courses of the ILS were changed at LKPR. For runway 06 the course is now 061, for RWY 24 it's 241, for RWY 12 it's 123 and for RWY 30 it's now 303. Has this to be changed in the AFCAD?

vor 14 Stunden , Terblanche sagte:

I do have LSZH and LDSP installed, plus SODE (from my installation of Digital Design's Salzburg scenery). But I don't have EDDT (if you mean the more recent EDDT, that is - I only have the one from German Airports 3). I have locked my FPS at 30 as well, but since I don't have an high-end system, I usually have only between 15 and 20 FPS when I use high-end sceneries. That is sufficient for my taste and compared to those numbers, I don't detect a considerable FPS loss after having updated Prague to 1.04. So I guess it also depends on what kind of FPS numbers one is coming from.

My VGDS is showing UNKN TYPE when using addon aircraft. I have tried to run the HarvesterLauncher.bat while having FSX (regular, SP2) closed, but it does not seem to do or run anything: a command prompt window opens and the contents of the .bat are displayed and it closes again. The harvester does not seem to work at all, also not in administrator mode. 

I have already spent 2 hours trying to get APC to display the simobjects (ground, jetways, lights, etc). Cause of the issue (since it is not mentioned anywhere)? 

The installer created this entry in my fsx.cfg:
SimObjectPaths.8=Aerosoft\MegaAirportPrague\simobjects

While the actual file path, created by the same installer, is like this:
SimObjectPaths.8=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Prague\simobjects

Two spaces...so I am a bit tired in trying to get LKPR to work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How I miss the 'old days' when it was as simple as - run installer, enter key, select FSX path, enter, and voilà ... no SODE, APC, SC, SO, and WTFs (what the FPS) ... just straight forward SCENERY and TEXTURE folders. The need to make new scenery compatible with P3D is understandable but I, for one, am not convinced that FSX will ever be replaced by P3D. Simply too many airport scenery that will not get redesigned and a few other reasons as well. Maybe one day (soon) there will be a true 64-bit flight simulator. Until then, it is my wish that scenery developers will work with the windows and doors of the house we have.

Just my two sents of thoughts ... and this I say with utmost respect and appreciation towards Premek and the tenacity of his support and effort to get LKPR in general and APC in particular sorted out.

Happy flying!

On 23.6.2016 at 10:13, Premek sagte:

@FWAviation Thanks for a feedback - really appreciated.

Well - this was already pointed out by other in support mails. I decide to implement triggering by Ctrl+J so it will be in any of the next release.

That's perfect with Ctrl+J - was also a I wanted to mention, but no need for that anymore ;)

On 23.6.2016 at 10:05, pgreenwo sagte:

Like FW Aviation I have normal frames at LKPR with jetways working as they should do. My new problem is that when I fly to the airport from another destination the Jetways are no longer there.

The ground textures & lights are still there however unlike previous versions 

For Ref I have LSZH  EDDT installed also. I installed LKPR first then the others. APC is still the version installed with Prague 1.04

I've the same case: just did 2 rotations this week LKPR-LGSA-LKPR and LKPR-LBBG-LKPR and always when I returned the jetways were not at their place (just disappeared...)

Looking forward to a fix for that!
Thx in advance for your support.

27 minutes ago, radzio2 said:

Hello.

I found some jetway problem. Jetways looks like here

2016-6-26_16-35-7-938.bmp

Sorry, but your problem is pretty funny :D

But... let's get to the point. Is the Mega Airport Prague on top of the Scenery Library? Have you installed any previous versions before this one?

Hi all

You can now download Configuration Tool  from first post of this thread.

Place it into the AirportController folder.

Using this tool, you can switch the dynamic jetways on or off.

1 hour ago, DarrianCZE said:
2 hours ago, radzio2 said:

Hello.

I found some jetway problem. Jetways looks like here

2016-6-26_16-35-7-938.bmp

Sorry, but your problem is pretty funny :D

But... let's get to the point. Is the Mega Airport Prague on top of the Scenery Library? Have you installed any previous versions before this one?

OMW !!! Jetway erectus! This is really funny :o

Archived