Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek

14 hours ago, f.skywalker said:

Hi Premek,

what ist the changelog from 1.1 to 1.2

Is the Afcad changed or can we use the Version 1.4.1 from the Forum.

Frank

@f.skywalker

V1.02 fixes the issue with AutogenModifier for P3D people.

If you see autogen like in this video, then your everything is okay with your instalation.

(Just for info - village in this video is called Hostivice and is before the treshold of RWY06)

Well - the AFCAD. I didn't get to it yet, sorry.

I know guys here on forum did something, but not sure everything what is in those files would be in my AFCAD as there were some points which I intentionally made different way due to AI and comming Ground Handling.

But until I look at it I cannot tell more - so I'd suggest please use that version from forum. Also, want to thanks to all contributors who do "my work" and helping the community when I'm really busy. :-)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, thokle said:

How can I get the new installer? I bought it at the Aero in Friedrichshafen. Thanks in advance!

Message to Aerosoft support sent.

11 hours ago, meccadom said:

I finally have this sorted out for FSX following the procedure detailed by Terblanche.  Are the jetways functional or is this a future enhancement?  CTRL-J does not work.  I have no other Add-on menu selection that reference APController.

Dom

@meccadom Glad you get it working.

Jetways  are yet static.

I will be work on them after all the here reported bugs are fixed.

8 hours ago, Swisspilot said:

Bought it today. First impression, looks great. I also have some autogen "missing" even if I disable the mentioned files as I use ORBX in FSX.

@Swisspilot

I'd need bit more detailed description. Did you please read the first post of this forum? If not, please try advice given there and if nothing helps, send me the files as described in that post.

13 hours ago, thokle said:

How can I get the new installer? I bought it at the Aero in Friedrichshafen. Thanks in advance!

Please contact us at support@aerosoft.de refer to this post and the old version and we will handle that you get the latest version ASAP.

8 hours ago, luukguus said:

Hi everyone!

I love the new scenery of Prague! I also really enjoy flying into Prague during the winter with snowy weather. However, the airport stays green no matter what! Even when I select heavy snows as the weather it still won't turn white. I have already tried running the aerosoft seasons tool but this didn't fix my problem. Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

@luukguus Let's talk first just about airport textures. Those should be "grayish" in 'mild winter' (1.10. - 30.11. and 1.2. - 29.2.) and white during 'hard winter' (1.12. - 31.1.) Could you try that please?

Please do not expect much snow as last few winter was really poor from snow point of view.

11 hours ago, FWAviation said:

Thank you, but I think it's always the worst choice having to deactivate files that I paid for when I bought this product, only because they were suboptimally designed. And FTX Global is a very popular add-on, just like GSX. So what are the chances that you might rework those landclass/texture files in order to make them at least more compatible with FTX Global and maybe also FTX Vector?

11 hours ago, pmb said:

Plus, consider there are users who want to use Prague together with ORBX Horovice which needs ORBX Global.

Kind regards, Michael

10 hours ago, pmb said:

Just a thought, maybe this will be resolved after the next ORBX library update when they got the entries submitted to them included??? Shouldn't take long as a new library will be due shortly anyway.

Kind regards, Michael

10 hours ago, Er!k said:

This is how Prague look like on Google maps:

I also own FTX Global and your second screenshots look more like this than default FSX. I do agree with you that maybe it is a bit overdone. It would be nice to have an option for this in the installer?

@pmb @FWAviation @Er!k

Guys I see your point. 

But please - let me explain ours. Prague City is NOT main part of this scenery. In default FSX it looks horrible so we decided to modify landclass to look like you see. Pictures you posted shows it obviously looks much better then default. But we could not provide such a modification for every possible add-on. I'm aware FTX is broadly used. But FTX is dependent on what region user has activated - so every user could have different textures on the same place. We're getting to point where several users can have opposite opinion and we're then paralyzed. I hope you now see our point.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Vor 1 Stunde, Premek sagte:

@pmb @FWAviation @Er!k

Guys I see your point. 

But please - let me explain ours. Prague City is NOT main part of this scenery. In default FSX it looks horrible so we decided to modify landclass to look like you see. Pictures you posted shows it obviously looks much better then default. But we could not provide such a modification for every possible add-on. I'm aware FTX is broadly used. But FTX is dependent on what region user has activated - so every user could have different textures on the same place. We're getting to point where several users can have opposite opinion and we're then paralyzed. I hope you now see our point.

ORBX will release soon new ORBX Libs with unified regions. No more region switching.

Hi all

Just to have an idea what is the APC about and why we decided to use and develop it, please read the very first spoiler in the first post:

@Nuno Pinto - I agree with you. Although APC is (most of the time) 'working' now, when I load a flight with a different aircraft, then APC falls over again and you have to manually start it. After you've saved and reload FSX then APC is working again. It still seems unstable or maybe it just get choked by other apps running in the background.

I have different fsx.cfg files for different aircraft and the only thing different will be the situation file, and scenery and autogen density (depends on VFR/IFR). The rest of the fsx.cfg file is exactly the same with everything as it should be and still APC doesn't like something when you load a different situation file. For now I live with it.

@Premek ... I am holding my breath for the new EDDF v2 release and will it be a FPS strangler like EDDT ...? Hope not.

Have a great weekend and happy flying after a week of FSX turbulence and whirlwinds  ;-)

Terblanche

Hi. I purchased Prague today (V1.02) after reading in this forum that most issues have been fixed. Sorry to say I have the GSX issue still with textures disappearing when I activate GSX.

I have windows 10, running classic FSX, with Steves DX10 fixer.

Attached........

Martin.

dll.xml

exe.xml

FSX.cfg

scenery.cfg

• Deputy Sheriffs

As far as I understood it's a two-part fix. One part in this scenery, the other one in GSX. So an updated GSX version is also needed (and already in the making).

I'm using FSX SP2 and I've just installed V1.02. I don't have the GSX issue as it seems to be working correctly.

I have a couple of possible other issues:

1) Jetways are still static: is this correct?

2) I have some great stuttering when looking towards certain directions in the scenery: enormous fluctuation in the FPS

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, marts747 said:

Hi. I purchased Prague today (V1.02) after reading in this forum that most issues have been fixed. Sorry to say I have the GSX issue still with textures disappearing when I activate GSX.

I have windows 10, running classic FSX, with Steves DX10 fixer.

@marts747 That's weird. Have you went throught the first post's advice?

56 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Is it just me or do most issues occur in FSX rather than P3D? 

@WebMaximus From my point of view till now the P3D was troublemaker champion...

1 hour ago, Airbus339 said:

I'm using FSX SP2 and I've just installed V1.02. I don't have the GSX issue as it seems to be working correctly.

I have a couple of possible other issues:

1) Jetways are still static: is this correct?

2) I have some great stuttering when looking towards certain directions in the scenery: enormous fluctuation in the FPS

@Airbus339 

ad 1 - Yes - jeways are still static

ad 2 - is it on vertical textures or on horizontal. There are some issues on vertical textures when seen from distant location but it's almost impossible to fight with as when you fix it on one place it flickers from other positions.

4 hours ago, Terblanche said:

@Premek ... I am holding my breath for the new EDDF v2 release and will it be a FPS strangler like EDDT ...? Hope not.

Have a great weekend and happy flying after a week of FSX turbulence and whirlwinds  ;-)

Terblanche

@Terblanche Sorry, could not tell - we didn't do graphical stuff. The only airport where we were able to influence FPS was LKPR.

26 minutes ago, Premek said:

Sorry, could not tell - we didn't do graphical stuff. The only airport where we were able to influence FPS was LKPR.

Pity, because LKPR is very FPS friendly ... with LSZH and EDDT it is a nightmare. Installed EDDT 1.01 tonight and I don't know WHAT Aerosoft did with the scenery because it is actually a joke to stutter your way down to the runway. I suppose with a 4GB VAS window and 1.3GB in just 4 of the 35 bgl files only for ground textures around airport that everything will get throttled into a decimal FPS.

As they say in the movies, "Let's see" with EDDF

Just finished a leg from LKPR to EDDT, 1.01. I was able to land and to taxi to the gate but the VAS amount was very small at the end, thats right. But it doesn't matter because I could finish the leg. Tegel looks very nice, by the way. It's a crux with a 32bit sim, unfortunately.

Kai

Premek, I have installed v1.02 but the installer (similar to the previous installers as well) does not modify any *sbp. files (or default.xml) in the autogen folder of P3D v32. As a consequence, I do not see the autogen as shown in the video above. Is there a way to execute Autogenmodifier manually? The scenery is installed outside the P3D root folder. APC works fine.

18 hours ago, Premek said:

@marts747 That's weird. Have you went throught the first post's advice?

@WebMaximus From my point of view till now the P3D was troublemaker champion...

Hi Premek. Sorry for late reply. I'm running Airport Controller in Windows 7 compatibility mode as suggested. Still no joy. Maybe download latest version of GSX???

Martin. 

19 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

15 hours ago, marts747 said:

Hi Premek. Sorry for late reply. I'm running Airport Controller in Windows 7 compatibility mode as suggested. Still no joy. Maybe download latest version of GSX???

Martin. 

@marts747 Please send me the CFG files as described in the first post.

Also try what Terblanche suggested in previous post please.

16 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

Premek, I have installed v1.02 but the installer (similar to the previous installers as well) does not modify any *sbp. files (or default.xml) in the autogen folder of P3D v32. As a consequence, I do not see the autogen as shown in the video above. Is there a way to execute Autogenmodifier manually? The scenery is installed outside the P3D root folder. APC works fine.

@Cargostorm Please send me the CFG files as requested in the first post of this thread (at the bottom of the post)

20 hours ago, keithgiannni said:

Hi,

I have the very excellent Prague-well done developers! I'm having scenery problems on final approach at about 2 miles. Black patches appears. See images. I suspect this is some Afcad conflict as I had the original LKPR freeware scenery installed. I have deleted it. If this is the case, any suggestions in finding where the offending files maybe? I have no problems if I launch FSX directly on to the airport. Prague is at top of priority scenery list.

Keith

W10, FSX Nvidia 4GB Car

Please login to display this image.

d

Please login to display this image.

Looks like forgotten BGL from freeware version.

No clue what is the name of it... :-(

• Premek locked this topic

Archived