Premek

Mega Airport Prague - advisory thread

Premek    274

NOTE:

Please be aware this thread is the best place to report any issue related to Prague Airport scenery as this is checked on regular basis.
All other can be overlooked and will be locked when possible.

Jetways operation:

Jetways are at (going to) airplane's door when Parking Brake is engaged and both engines N2 is lower then 5%. Once any of those conditions is not true, jetways should go to default position (out of the aircraft)

PLEASE DO NOT USE utility called "Migration Tool"!!! It corrupts FSX/P3D configuration!!!!

DIAGNOSTIC TOOL:

Spoiler

XHT Diagnostic Tool.zip

Just run the tool and you should get all necessary information in the console.
On the end a diagnostic session folder will be opened where you can find diagnostic logs as well as backup-ed CFG files.

The tool will try to fix well known issues, too.

OTHER USEFUL FILES (AFCAD, Jetways Patch, Configuration Tool):

Spoiler

Latest AFCAD:

Configuration Tool:

A tool switching dynaic jetways on or off

ConfigurationTool.exe

'Jetways missing on arrival' patch:

JetwaysMissingOnArrivalPatch.zip

LATEST VERSION NUMBERS (please ensure you have the latest version first):

Spoiler

LKPR installer: 1.05

APC: 1.0.23.60715

LKPR: 1.0.6.60709

CHANGELOG: 

Spoiler

1.00        Release Version

1.01        Workaround for faulty GSX behaviour interfering with APC

New AutogenModifierLauncher execution for Windows 8 / 10

1.02        Fixed AutogenModifier in P3D

1.03        Fixed AFCAD (mainly for RWY12 - positions / range / start point / treshold)

Extended range of approach lights visibility (from ca.8 mi to ca.30 mi)

1.04       Dynamic Jetways feature added

1.05       Dynamic Jetways should not cause dramatic FPS drop, jetways are controllable via Ctrl+J, jetways at stands 27-31 are fixed now (no more "short" for some a/c)

Hi all

Mega Airport Prague is the first airport fully controlled by Airport Controller (Split, Zurich and Berlin-Tegel uses just part of it) and hence there could appear some issues not experienced before. I believe this will be over soon as we already tackled most now (four days after the release). The Airport Controller is a technology which should raise the bar a bit. The main purposes of APC are to avoid ground poly flickering, controlling PAPI lights, windsocks, low visibility procedures and visual docking system. The Airport Controller is just technology behind and it was never intended to be controlled manually - hence there is also no manual for it. Please be aware that manual triggering of APC is not a fix and it is also very dodgy workaround.

So, when you do not find answer in any of those advice below, please send us you configuration files as described at the bottom of this post.

To get an idea why we decided to use and develop APC and what it does or could, please read information in this spoiler:

Spoiler

The main reason we started to develop the Airport Controller was we wanted to use only pure FSX technology with models and shaders it offers. And it is not possible to combine with widely used old ground poly approach (various hacks, SCASM etc.). This draw in several consequent technologies/approaches and it turns out we need a utility which will drive all that stuff. This was a dawn of the APC. Well, it is a new technology so there are issues some users have to cope with on start, unfortunately. But we already see that our decision to use pure FSX technology was really good. Prague Airport is first scenery using APC in full range and people already reports very good performance for an airport of such size. Even more on better-average machines they say there's almost no FPS drop.

As we develop the APC, we realized it will allow us to have on airport several feature which could be appreciated by users. The core functionality is conditional and/or unconditional placing of static and "lifted" objects. Implemented conditions right now are 'low visibility', 'time period within the year', 'day of week' and 'part of day'. Obviously other conditions could be provided too. Those objects could be just any SimObject (MDL file). This for instance allows ground polys to be elevated so you can have better looking terrain. "Lifted" means the objects are lifted from ground when the airplane is higher - this feature was mainly implemented due to avoid flickering of ground polys. Placing ground polys this way also allows increased performance just by character of design of ground polys.

To have an idea how this can be used, here is list of possible features of APC:

• Low visibility procedures activation (when visibility is lower then set limits, lights on the airport are on and also rabbit lights start to operate.
  • placing object depending on time-of-day, part-of-day and day-of-week
  • Unlimited number of automatically set seasons
  • Control of custom PAPI lights
  • Control of custom windsocks
  • Ambient traffic on aprons and public areas
  • Visual Docking Guidance System for user aircraft at gates equipped with passenger bridges

At some point oftime there was a discussion whether APC could not be used even further. And this let to massive extending of its possibilities and development of Ground Handling. Even though this feature is not yet (released) part of the Prague Airport I think it is worth to at least provide a list features it will bring:

• Animated jetways for user and AI aircraft
  • Animated ground vehicles for user and AI aircraft - similar to AES/GSX, but not as sophisticated (at least not in first version)
  • Ambient ground vehicles traffic when low or no AI traffic
  • Marshaller for for user aircraft at free stands
  • Static teams - placement of static team to aircraft with ETD higher than set value

Some people complainsof having a "resident" tool running on background and consuming their resources (CPU and memory) when they are not on the airport. But this is wrong view. While the airplane is not in area of any of APC supported airports the APC is in "stand-by" mode, just checking in reasonable period it's position and evaluating whether it should be activated or not. Actually it is like your TV in stand-by. The only function it does is waiting for your remote control command. But you can measure there is almost no consumption.

One point was bit "unfair" from us to give it to APC's "cradle": We decided to use EXE instead of DLL approach what makes the APC more visible and hence more denounce-able. But this decision was taken to avoid simulator crashes when something goes wrong. Should we use DLL any issue with it will freeze and kill the simulator too.

Also let me please tell bit more about APC "incompatibility" issues. Most of them are related to GSX. 
The GSX was here a way before APC appeared and it is really nice stuff. But as FSDT was the only player on market used this technology they do not need to care about some kind of compatibility. So it "kills" all the simobjects appeared around. And as, in pre-APC era, that only meant default (and bit ugly) ground vehicles there was no problem. But when APC appeared we were blamed to be not compatible with GSX. But it is obviously exactly oposite issue. On the other hand - to be fair I have to say Umberto from FSDT has an excellent approach and is very cooperative so we were able to find workaround few days after the release and FSDT will provide some fixes in its next release.

There are also some users reporting APC "is not running" or "crashes". Well this is mainlyissue of non-standard or even squeezed installations of FSX/P3D on user's machine even before any APC airport was installed. There are add-ons which do not follow rules by their installation/uninstallation and then our installer is not able provide all necessary steps. But as the APC is core part of the scenery, it looks like the APC is the guilty guy. We're trying to support those case extensively and I'm happy for voices appreciating our support as outstanding.

Issues you may experience (and how to get rid of them):

1 - When Dynamic Jetways  are switched on, a significant FPS drop could be observed

Spoiler

This is due to the "consumption" of dynamic jetways. It could happen on under-average machines with complex or on average machines with add-ons like Aerosoft Airbus or PMDG stuff.

Use Configuration Tool to switch to static jetways.

2 - [FSX:SE users only] - Missing jetways and ground poly (blurry ground texture, no lines etc.)

Spoiler

First of all - please  ensure you to install the program as Administrator (right click on the setupfile and choose "Run as Administrator").

That is important when you install software under ProgramFiles(X86), which is the default path for FSX:SE.

If this does not help, try following:

When in FSX, check in the Task Manager check whether APController is working.
If you can see APController in processes, please try to uninstall the scenery and then install as for classic FSX.
If you do not see APController in processes, please continue to point 2

Example:

(post#19 - http://forum.aerosoft.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/20160514203504_1.jpg.5dd7fcda3178fda2ed341ad11a90a833.jpg )

3 - some buildings (often terminal piers) are missing.

Spoiler

This is a clash with ORBX Vector. You have to disable Vector's Airport Elevation Correction.

To do this, you need to find tool called FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool start it and in tab 'Aipport Elevation Correction' disable AEC for Prague airport (LKPR).

The tool is usually in folder 'ORBX\FTX_VECTOR'.

Vector 02.jpg

Example:

(post#22 - http://forum.aerosoft.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/57381c127ad3d_IMG_20160515_081002(1).jpg.b637d98529e962c353923823c57a60af.jpg

4 - You get some kind of message saying "AirportController stopped work" or "AirportController crashed with code:4".

Spoiler

Try following steps:

• if you use SODE, check if you have the latest version installed (according to @Terblanche it should be 1.3.3)

• In folder '[FSX]\Aerosoft\AirportController' right-click on 'APController.exe' and in context menu select Properties.
  • In 'Compatibility' tab check the choice 'Run as administrator'. 

NOTE: Please be aware that on some computers this choice works opposite way!!! So it means choice 'Run as administrator' could avoid APC to start. (Thanks for this Sebastian!)

• Restart PC, started FSX and Split X should work correctly.

• if that didn't help try to check Global Assembly Cache folder (for instance 'C:\Windows\assembly' on Windows 7) and check whether the SimConnect is installed (you should see item Microsoft.FlightSimulator.Simconnect). If you do not see it, you need to install it. You will find the installer here:
    • Prepar3D Program Folder\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

Example:

(post#4 - http://forum.aerosoft.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/13224052_692019260941116_1390163574_o.thumb.jpg.bbfe87a4d9710399ce67daf77528f23f.jpg)

5 - Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS) is showing UNKN/TYPE (Unknown Type) and dynamic jetways are not working

Spoiler

Run 'HarvesterLauncher.bat' from the 'Aerosoft/AirportController' folder.

This needs to be done every time you install new aircraft or livery.

6 - You could not see ground markings and lines, ground texture is blury; at night, you could not see lights on RWY/TWY and/or the aprons are not illuminated. The same kind is when trees, PAPIs or windsocks are not visible.

Spoiler

This is caused by either incorrect configuration, old version of SODE or not working Airport Controller at all.

- if you use SODE engine for any reasons please ensure you have at least the version 1.3.3 - there are reported issues with version 1.3.2 and older.

- If you use P3D V2.5 and higher, check file 'simobjects.cfg'. There is often inconsistent numbering of sections. For instance, you can have section  [Entry.9] and right after that section [Entry.11] Please renumber the sections such a way there is no "gap" in numbers.

(you can try to use the Configuration File Fixer linked above in this post)

If you're using FSX or previous advice didn't help, it looks like it's broken install due to the corrupted/tweaked FSX installation. In this case, the best is to send us information and files as described bellow

(you can try to use the Configuration File Fixer linked above in this post)

7 - On Windows 10 you're getting error dialog mentioning program 'csc.exe' and on the end of the message is text '.cmdline'

Spoiler

In folder '[FSX]\Aerosoft\AirportController' try to set for the 'APController.exe' compatibnility mode to Windows 7. Many thanks to Pieter666 who identified this fix.

8 - GSX is removing jetways and ground poly (so you do not see taxi lines, texture is blury etc.).

Spoiler

The fix needs to be done by FSDT but a workaround is introduced in version 1.0.1. Please install this version or higher.

9 - Autogen modifier issue/missing autogen.

10 - Strange surrounding area look and you're using FTX Global and/or Vector

Spoiler

LKPR scenery includes landclass modification for surrounding area. The main reason is improvement of the look of this area.
These changes are included in following files:

_vec_excl_parks.BGL  (exclusion of vector-based LC )

_vec_lc_urban.BGL  (new vector-based LC - urban areas)

_vec_lc_veg.BGL  (new vector-based LC - forests)

LKPR_LC.bgl  (new underlayed LC) 

When you use other 'global' add-ons like ORBX FTX or similar, those files could be de-activated renaming them to have extension OFF for instance.

Examples:

(post#47 - http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2016/05/15/Unbenannt-1.jpg)

(post#57 - http://s015.radikal.ru/i330/1605/a2/0d9c082f3330.jpg)
(post#102 - http://s009.radikal.ru/i307/1605/d8/bedf8e323617.jpg)

11 - Progressive taxi is not working

Spoiler

As we placed ground poly different way, this feature is not compatible with our scenery

Example:

(post#53 - http://forum.aerosoft.com/uploads/monthly_2016_05/Naamloos.thumb.jpg.0f7af8905fbc6ab22d327efa7cde5949.jpg)

12 - You use P3D version 2.4 and older

Spoiler

Mega Aiport Prague only supports P3D v2.5 and newer. In a very special case where you really need to stay with P3D v@.4 andd lower, contact us on mail 'support at xht-labs dot com'

When any advice here didn't help, please send information/files to 'support@aerosoft.de':

Information:
What simulator and version do you use?
What Windows OS you use?
What Add-ons you use?

Files:
- scenery.cfg

- fsx.cfg

- dll.xml

- exe.xml 

- apc.cfg (from 'Aerosoft\AirportController' folder)

- simobjects.cfg (in case you use P3D V2.5 and higher)

• Upvote 4

Terblanche    115

Good evening -

I've read the link to APC Troubleshooting and I can click all the recommendations. I've just installed your new (long anticipated) Prague scenery. And there it was again ... the same APC BS. Uninstalled, reinstalled - then back to a backup of exe.xml and dll.xml. Loaded the scenery and it looked like attached picture. Then manually started APC in Aerosoft folder in FSX. Then textures were back. Meanwhile in the background the SIMCONNECT windows keeps popping up. Although ASN and EFB and Pro/ATC are running perfectly on second computer and they are connected to FSX.

The Prague scenery looks beautiful and blends well in with ORBX Europe LC but damn, this APC nonsense is driving me insane. My rig is perfectly tuned and everything works 100% - the last thing one needs after a long week and a purchase of a scenery that I was so looking forward to, is this APC "stopped working" or it seems to load but the scenery looks like the picture and then a manual start while Simconnect, for some reason, is uphappy in the background.

Any other way to fix this?

Please

Regards

Terblanche Jordaan

APC BS.jpg

• Upvote 1

Er!k    198

Hello Premek, I am missing the progressive taxi lines near the terminals. Normally I use AES or GSX for this; but since both not available/working I found out that these lines are not visible near the terminals (FSX SP2).

@Terblanche I am having nearly the exact same issue as you. But in my case everything looks fine until i choose a gate via the GSX interface. Right after clicking the crisp ground textures turn into what we see on your photo. i assume it is also a APC related issue.

PS: when installing MA Prague this message appears - maybe it has something to do with this. And when i try to open the AirportController.exe this message appears (look at the attachments - sorry but I can only get these messages in german)

13224103_692019274274448_1214327813_o.jpg

13224052_692019260941116_1390163574_o.jpg

Terblanche    115

Yip, Axel - the only difference is the language, the result is the same. You can start APC then manually in the Aerosoft folder in FSX and then miraculously the ground scenery appears. I've only used GSX for push back ... because at this stage I'm more concern to get the scenery to load properly without an APC crash. Must say, I am rather frustrated with all of this. I don't want to compare Aerosoft with other scenery design houses but come on boys, get rid of this APC 'müll' :huh:

Hope there is an answer for this soon.

T

• Upvote 3

@Terblanche the thing is that i cant even open the APC manually because after double clicking it and running it as an administrater it crashes due to code 4 (like in the aatached photo above). Quite frustrating...

• Upvote 1

Cargostorm    85

Guys, I assume you have installed the sim connect files as mentioned above...

Then, try this:

1.) deactivate APController in exe.xml, which avoids loading at sim start.

2.) start the sim and LKPR

3.) when scenery is finally loaded, then start APController.exe manually. 

It should work this way.  Only one instance of APCController should be running. If you still get error messages, then something else must be wrong.

Regards,

Chris

@Cargosturm Thank you very much for this advice but as soon as you go back into the GSX menu again the apron disappears again...so its still not working properly. But it seems to be a known issue on which its worked at the moment so hopefully we will get an update/fix on that in some days from now.

Regards,

Constantin

• Upvote 1

Cargostorm    85

Constantin, ok that is strange, because I can open GSX menus and everything remains running.

I have to say though that I have copied all entries concerning Addon Manager and couatl.exe from the AppData\Roaming... folder into the respective files at the P3D ProgramData... folder.

I also made sure that these entries appear on top of all other entries.  There are some problems with different simconnect versions that affect Addon manager when not being placed correctly.

Er!k    198

There are some gates with has 3 jetway bridges now to support the A380. I believe this is gate 14 and maybe even more heavy gates?

monokuro    37
vor 10 Stunden , Cargostorm sagte:

I have to say though that I have copied all entries concerning Addon Manager and couatl.exe from the AppData\Roaming... folder into the respective files at the P3D ProgramData... folder.

I also made sure that these entries appear on top of all other entries.  There are some problems with different simconnect versions that affect Addon manager when not being placed correctly.

Very good advice. However, why would you remove the entries for Couatl and the Addon Manager from the exe.xml in the AppData\Roaming folder and leave them in the exe.xml in the ProgramData folder and not the other way around? I had that discussion before since I have two entries for the AirportController. One in AppData, one in ProgramData.

Why are there even two places where the exe.xml can be located? Which one is really the correct one? Having two exe.xml files on one system is really prone to creating a mess. 

Does anyone know what Lockheed-Martin's specifications/recommendations are to that end? I would really like to get rid of one of the exe.xml and keep all the entries in one.

Thanks,

Jan

• Upvote 1

Cargostorm    85
vor 5 Stunden , hawx2k sagte:

Does anyone know what Lockheed-Martin's specifications/recommendations are to that end?

LM recommends for addons to use the *.xml files in ProgramData folder.

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/add-ons/add-on_configuration.html

At the end, when P3D starts, the *xml are merged from both loactions.

Just make sure that you do not have entries of the same Addon in the exe.xml and dll.xml at AppData\Roaming... AND ProgramData...
With one exception: If you use ASN, leave it at AppData\Roaming.

Furthermore, one also has to check upon updating a addon whether there are not double entries at the two locations. I once had a dll entry at both locations which resulted in a weather.dll error when closing P3D.

That said, I have all my entries in the *.xml files at the ProgramData, with AddonManager and couatl.exe on top (there once was a discussion on about this in the FSDT forum, and the result was that it was better to place the entries on top). ASN is the only entry that I live at the original installed location in order to avoid a mess.

• Upvote 1

Steidav    0

Hi, I'm on FSX-SE and I just installed this scenery because I have been waiting for it for a long time. I launch it and there are no markings or anything like in  @Terblanche photo, A fix would be much appreciated. 

Jetset    4

Hello,

after my first approach into LKPR I recognize that there are no ILS Approaches possible. You will get only visual approaches for all 4 runway directions even if you change winds or wetaher manually....and there is also no chance to change the type of approach in the MS ATC window....only visual approaches and I checked there is only one AFCAD in use.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,

Mark

Locarno1    0

I'm also getting issues as well, just installed into FSX-Steam and I have no markings or any gates. I thought this was initially an Orbx Vector problem but it's not. Uninstalled and re-installed but nothing has fixed it.

20160514203504_1.jpg

Yellmmer    0

I have same issue as Locarno1 described, also on FSX:SE... I think Im going to uninstall this scenery and I will go back to one from www.vacc-cz.org which is not perfect but it is flyable. I hope that aerosoft will fix this issue quickly. 

gforce800    47

Hi, i found one more issue on P3D v3.2. The ground textures at nigh are looking very weird, just take a look at the screenshots.

MA Prague night lighting issue.jpg

Tomas Zima    0
Před 7 hodinami, gforce800 řekl:

Ahoj, našel jsem ještě jednu otázku na P3D v3.2. Pozemní textury na Nigh hledají velmi podivné, stačí se podívat na screenshoty.

MA Prague night lighting issue.jpg

IMG_20160515_081002 (1).jpg

Tomas Zima    0
Před 3 minuty, Tomáš Zima řekl:

IMG_20160515_081002 (1).jpg

Just now, Tomas Zima said:

Hello,

I bought Mega Airport Prague yesterday. I use ORBIX GLOBAL, OPEN EUROPE LC, Vector and I can't see any buildings on the airport. How is it possible? Thank you.

Premek    274

Hi all

Back at my keyboard and will try to answer/hlp/fix all the issues as soon as possible.

First of all - the GSX issue is not problem of Airport Controller, but problem of GSX which is killing our objects. This probem was fixed in past together with Umberto and I have to investigate why is this issue back on stage.

You to have an idea, here is my plan for fixes:

1 - tackle all the issues with not running APC. As the APC is around for more than a year, believe me that from September/October all the reported issues were caused by non/standard/squeezed installation of FSX/P3D prior APC has to be installed.

2 - investigate the issue with GSX. This could be pain and can take long time

3 - missing buildings - especially fingers. I need to get in touch with those who experiencing this issue.

4 - Autogen Modifier issue - this has to be done together with Aerosoft guys so we'll be wroking on that from tomorrow.

5 - AFCAD fixes

Now, let's answer you r posts:

On 13. 5. 2016 at 9:47 PM, Terblanche said:

Good evening -

I've read the link to APC Troubleshooting and I can click all the recommendations. I've just installed your new (long anticipated) Prague scenery. And there it was again ... the same APC BS. Uninstalled, reinstalled - then back to a backup of exe.xml and dll.xml. Loaded the scenery and it looked like attached picture. Then manually started APC in Aerosoft folder in FSX. Then textures were back. Meanwhile in the background the SIMCONNECT windows keeps popping up. Although ASN and EFB and Pro/ATC are running perfectly on second computer and they are connected to FSX.

The Prague scenery looks beautiful and blends well in with ORBX Europe LC but damn, this APC nonsense is driving me insane. My rig is perfectly tuned and everything works 100% - the last thing one needs after a long week and a purchase of a scenery that I was so looking forward to, is this APC "stopped working" or it seems to load but the scenery looks like the picture and then a manual start while Simconnect, for some reason, is uphappy in the background.

Any other way to fix this?

Please

Regards

Terblanche Jordaan

Hi did you send the CFG files please?

On 13. 5. 2016 at 9:59 PM, Er!k said:

Hello Premek, I am missing the progressive taxi lines near the terminals. Normally I use AES or GSX for this; but since both not available/working I found out that these lines are not visible near the terminals (FSX SP2).

Not sure what you mean Erik

On 13. 5. 2016 at 10:20 PM, Axel Schweiß said:

@Terblanche the thing is that i cant even open the APC manually because after double clicking it and running it as an administrater it crashes due to code 4 (like in the aatached photo above). Quite frustrating...

Have you read the troubleshooting post? 

If nothing helped, send CFG files

On 13. 5. 2016 at 11:01 PM, Cargostorm said:

Guys, I assume you have installed the sim connect files as mentioned above...

Then, try this:

1.) deactivate APController in exe.xml, which avoids loading at sim start.

2.) start the sim and LKPR

3.) when scenery is finally loaded, then start APController.exe manually. 

It should work this way.  Only one instance of APCController should be running. If you still get error messages, then something else must be wrong.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks for help Chris, but running APC manually IS NOT the ay it should work or even be fixed.

APC has not to be touched at all.

Either the troubleshooting post should offer help or CFG files has to be send to support as described.

• Upvote 2

Haddock    1
On 5/14/2016 at 7:22 AM, keino333 said:

AI holds at Runway 12.  I also get the missing appron and gates as soon as I activate GSX.:.(

Same here. As soon as I press CTRL + f12, all the airport markings disappear.