PFPX v1.26 - Call Sign and Flight Number

Just curious as to why these two features changed.  I recall with version 1.25, you could choose your airline in one box and then specify the flight number separately.  Now, with v1.26, I have to manually scroll through the long list to find the airline I want, but when I try to fill in the flight number, starting with the first alpha character of the associated airline, everything starts to change and messes up my callsign (which I didn't have before).  For example, If I am flying Jetstar Airways (Airline code JST), that will fill in fine, bu when I want to put JST222 (as an example), the other box will change to something different.

Having the two boxes separate before, to accept complete user input was much easier than it is now and I am curious as to why this changed.

Thanks.

The flight number is based on the IATA code, for Jetstar this JQ.

Enter JQ222 in the flight number field and the ICAO will populate JST222, no need to scroll at all.

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 4:17 AM, srcooke said:

no need to scroll at all.

How do you find the IATA codes? Scroll thru lists.

• 5 weeks later...

Why was this changed? ATC uses ICAO, not IATA. The only people who care about that are the passengers and baggage folks. In the cockpit it is ICAO.

Scott

1 hour ago, skyymann said:

Why was this changed? ATC uses ICAO, not IATA. The only people who care about that are the passengers and baggage folks. In the cockpit it is ICAO.

Scott

PFPX is also an Airline scheduling tool.

The Flight Number field ( renamed ) has always been available, the only difference is that it now picks up the IATA code from the Airline table that also always existed.

There is no requirement for you to use it, just as before.

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Werner Rafteseth said:

Any way to update the ICAO database? If you type in SK, it populates CNO, which hasn't been used in several years.

Configuration / Airline Codes

IATA may use the code more than once hence the return you are seeing, simply adjust to your requirements.

Archived