Request about SIMstarter NG

EDDT-Sebi

Hello,

I like it, but i rquest first before buy..

My PC (first) is FSX as future P3D.. and my PC (Second Client) is ASN, REX, FSC 9.5 and future SIMstarter NG

SIMstarter NG can work from second PC to first PC..???

thanks

Sebi

Hi Sebi

SIMstarter must reside on the same PC that the simulator is on.    So if FSX, or future P3D is on the first PC then SIMstarter should be also.

Ernie

7 hours ago, EDDT-Sebi said:

Hallo, i understand..

How contakt to ASN (Aktive Sky Next)..?

Sebi,

I am not known for my brevity, but what follows is an attempt to consolidate the process steps in Post #10;

Note: I am running FSX, so this needs to be modified for P3D.  Also, this assumes that the reader is familiar with how to share and locate folders on a network.

On the client computer enable share with read\write permissions for the following two folders; Drive:\Path\ASNext_FSX and Drive:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\HiFi

1) On the host FSX computer open SIMstarter NG;
2) On the Flight Control Center menu click 'Settings', then 'Program settings...';
3) In Program settings click on the 'Platform specific settings (FSX)' tab
4) In the '3rd party software' section, click on the folder to the right of the 'Path to Active Sky Next (ASNext.exe):' text box and locate the Drive:\Path\ASNext_FSX folder on the client computer.
5) Once the folder has been located, click on ASNext.exe.  Verify that the name of the selected file appears in the 'File name:' text box at the botom of the window; Click on 'Open' to accept the filename

Upon return to the Program settings window the 'Path to Active Sky Next (ASNext.exe):' textbox should be populated.

6) In the '3rd party software' section, click on the folder to the right of the 'Path to ASN config folder:' text box and locate the Drive:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\HiFi folder on the client computer.
5) Once located, click on the folder name (Hifi) to highlight it; then OK to accept.  

Upon return to the Program settings window the 'Path to ASN config folder:' textbox should be populated.

Click OK at the bottom of the Program settings window to accept the paths and close the windows.

Upon return to the Flight Control Center; click on the 'Extended settings' tab.

The 'Configure Active Sky Next' check box is now active';  Selecting the check box enables the 'ActiveSkyNext ConfigSet:' option.  If the option is enabled the user can use 'edit..' to open the Active Sky Next Configuration Manager.

Important: Although available, the 'Autorun ActiveSkyNext:' option will not autorun ASN if it is installed on a client computer.

Please login to display this image.

Thanks Sebi,

I didn't mention it above, but the network search can be bypassed if the Windows 'Map network drive' option was used on the host FSX computer to assign drive letters to the two folders.  This is the option I chose.

Ernie

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

------

Weil wir glauben dieses Thema wurde beantwortet haben wir es geschlossen. Wenn Sie weitere Fragen haben, öffnen Sie bitte ein neues Thema.

Archived