Next Level Simulations A380

Airbus A330

Maybe you noticed that the facebook page of NLS has been deleted...

Does that mean this project is dead?  All this effort and work was for nothing? What do you guys think about it? Aerosoft should buy this project from them :D

Its was pretty far developed . Before the page went down some posts were deleted and they were still open questions ...

Kind regards

"Buying" a partly, or mostly, developed software from another developer is hardly ever a good idea, in the sim world or elsewhere.

Different people have different ways of working, and figuring out exactly how somebody else may have coded a specific piece of software can often take more time than developing it yourself.

"Funding" another developer, on the other hand, may prove to be more fruitful.

Actually I'm not surprised about this, I always had the feeling NLS promised a lot but didn't have the skills to make their promises come true.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I guarantee you that these things will happen more often this year. 

Do you imply Qualitywings? As far as I know they are much more advanced with their product than NLS and also they already put down something on the table: a 757 and an Avro.

22 hours ago, krivadesign said:

"Buying" a partly, or mostly, developed software from another developer is hardly ever a good idea, in the sim world or elsewhere.

Different people have different ways of working, and figuring out exactly how somebody else may have coded a specific piece of software can often take more time than developing it yourself.

"Funding" another developer, on the other hand, may prove to be more fruitful.

There's also the question of "why has the project gone dead" (if that is in fact the case). Funding aside, it could be a case that it got to a stage where it because impossible to code, script or even model, due to an accumulation of unforeseen bugs.

10 hours ago, Balogh Ádám said:

Do you imply Qualitywings? As far as I know they are much more advanced with their product than NLS and also they already put down something on the table: a 757 and an Avro.

But keep in mind that these products are getting old already and therefor they won't have much sales anymore. When it comes to skills I got full confidence in QualityWings, no doubt they're capable of getting the job done. But I can't look into their bank account. If they get to quit it'll be for financial reasons, but I don't think that'll happen any time soon. Sure QualityWings is able to get funding if they need it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Let's close this. Mathijs wrote that Aerosoft doesn't plan to pick it up, and since this is a forum for Aerosoft products, debating the merits and capability of other publishers is off-topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived