TacPack Trigger/Pickle setup for TM Warthog

dsem66

So, I finally got the Tacpack for use with the F-14extd (waited because I had P3Dv3 - and just updated to 3.2+HF)...using TM Warthog

download and install went fine and in TPM I set trigger to button 0 and pickle to button 5

set up the drone tutorial in F-14 manual v6

was able to launch AIM-54 from backseat using launch button (splash)

but in pilot seat neither the trigger or the pickle button seemed to launch the second phoenix (fired fine from RIO)

Do I need to have something in FSUIPC (registered) to make the joystick button/trigger work?? If so, what?

Anything else I am missing? could not find anything online for f-14x... 

The trigger and pickle are mapped through Tacpack. Load up your tacpack manager (making sure your joystick is plugged in) and you should be able to or it will automatically set up your trigger and pickle key bindings (which can be changed to anything) I believe they default to SHIFT CTRL V and SHIFT CTRL C not sure which is which though.

Cheers

-Josh

thanks, I'll mess around with it again tonight. the tacpack manager seemed to take the trigger and button presses.....just didn't work in the sim. I assume launch parameters were met since I was able to fire from backseat.... 

Hey Josh, Thanks for the info man....I finally got it.

For anybody else who is new to Tacpack, here's what I did:

In Tacpack Manager>Trigger Mapping, I used keyboard instead of joystick - and used the default keyboard bindings: shify+cntrl+V (trigger) and shift+cntrl+C (pickle)

then I went into FSUIPC and under Button&Switches, configured trigger on the joystick to keypress shift+cntrl+V and likewise for pickle to shift+cntrl+C....

works great in the sim...gun works too.

Dave

Archived