Mathijs Kok

Sim-wings Canary Islands Professional - Gran Canaria preview

Finally, Gran Canaria Airport I have wanted for a long time. Is there any special month in which you expect to give this airport.:D:boingy_s:

Its a lot of work still with texturing, so we can´t say when. Althoug we are working now a lot of hours weekly 2 persons.

To get the latest details, we will vist the airport again next mounth.

15 minutes ago, 737Pilot (sim-wings) said:

Its a lot of work still with texturing, so we can´t say when. Althoug we are working now a lot of hours weekly 2 persons.

To get the latest details, we will vist the airport again next mounth.

Okay, thank you for your info.I would look forward to the release^_^

Hello guys from Simwings. How do you progress in the scenery development? Maybe you have some new screenshots for us?

Many thanks for the answer. I am glad to hear that. I'm really looking forward to the new shots and more to the release.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:23 PM, 737Pilot (sim-wings) said:

Working the tecnical side....

MANY THANKS FOR EL HIERRO! WAS MY FIRST  SCENERY ADDON I BOUGHT!

Hello Guys i dont know of its written anywehre but will this scenery be for  Fsx,P3d v4 or both?

2 hours ago, Luis A380 said:

Hello Guys i dont know of its written anywehre but will this scenery be for  Fsx,P3d v4 or both?

The topic title says 'professional'. The professional series are P3Dv4 exclusive... But maybe Sim-wings considers an FSX version as well?!

I wonder this too. For Gran Canaria there is not much else in the free or pay department anyway but its increasingly difficult to wait for Tenerife South knowing the options. Without starting a competition debate I have to say that I do find the Sim-Wings quality unmatched  but I aint getting younger :)   

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mikced76 said:

I wonder this too. For Gran Canaria there is not much else in the free or pay department anyway but its increasingly difficult to wait for Tenerife South knowing the options. Without starting a competition debate I have to say that I do find the Sim-Wings quality unmatched  but I aint getting younger :)   

Two years since the announcement. Not sure what the average time interval is between announcement and release. I've stopped flying to the freeware SimWings GCLP released many years ago preferring to fly into GCTS released by MKS instead.

I'm sure there are some benefits to announcing the start of work on these new projects but I'm afraid I can't think of any. I just find it frustrating especially when news on progress is very irregular.

Having said all that the fact it has 'professional' in the title suggests it's for 64-bit P3D only so many v3 owners will be saddened.

• Upvote 2

Hi Ray and others,

Its a lot of work to do and we are working now 2 persons on it. There are only at the military side more than 50 buildings to texture and the terminal will get interior and High resolution textures.

Also its posible that some other teams are doing this, if they present some GC for surprise, don´t hesitate to buy from them.

We can´t do nothing else but continue our work, hoping that it will not last too long.

Regards

Manfred

• Upvote 4

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for your reply and latest info. Without wishing to slow you down with too many questions could you confirm if this is for P3D v4 only please?

I do intend to switch to v4 at a future date but it depends on when FS Labs Concorde-X is ready. A 32-bit version of GCLP would be appreciated by many I'm sure.

• Upvote 4

6 Years ago the FSX Canary Islands project was announced with the news that El Hierro was soon to be released.

Since then La Palma has been released and 2 years ago it was announced that work had started on Gran Canaria.

At some stage during the last year or so the title changed to Canary Islands Professional.

My fear is that what started out as an FSX project has now Morphed into a P3dv4 only project ?

Can it be confirmed that the remaining Islands will be FSX versions and will they be released before or at the same time as the Professional versions ?

Only 2 Islands finished in 6 years and 5 Islands left to complete !

If we are very lucky the Canaries may be finished within the next 4 years,

that will be at least 10 years or more from start to finish !

By then FSX will probably be Obsolete !  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Thirdeye said:

By then FSX will probably be Obsolete !

Well IMHO it is already obsolete ;)

2018-06-12_18h37_04.jpg

9 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Well IMHO it is already obsolete ;)

2018-06-12_18h37_04.jpg

When & Who carried out this survey and where were the group chosen from ?

• Upvote 1

We do this kind of market research every few months. It is done rather professionally and we believe it is solid data. This is fully confirmed by our downloads where we can see how 32 versus 64 bit downloads are compared.

5 hours ago, Thirdeye said:

6 Years ago the FSX Canary Islands project was announced with the news that El Hierro was soon to be released.

Since then La Palma has been released and 2 years ago it was announced that work had started on Gran Canaria.

At some stage during the last year or so the title changed to Canary Islands Professional.

My fear is that what started out as an FSX project has now Morphed into a P3dv4 only project ?

Can it be confirmed that the remaining Islands will be FSX versions and will they be released before or at the same time as the Professional versions ?

Only 2 Islands finished in 6 years and 5 Islands left to complete !

If we are very lucky the Canaries may be finished within the next 4 years,

that will be at least 10 years or more from start to finish !

By then FSX will probably be Obsolete !  :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply about the survey but it still does not answer my original question which is the main reason for my post !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Mainly because we do not want to reply to that at this moment. 

• Upvote 1