Mathijs Kok

Sim-wings Canary Islands Professional - Gran Canaria preview

2 hours ago, 737Pilot (sim-wings) said:

Hi,

The only thing we can say is that we will complete and renew all airports we did in former times, so we are working on GCLP.

Best regards,

Manfred

That is an open-ended promise. I’d be happier if you gave a closed one such as “we will complete GCLP by 31 March 2018”.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

13 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

First negative mark of my post. I wonder if people would be as critical if they could be identified. :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

These guys are working hard and you show them NO respect at all

Fully agree, and exactly because of that the first negative vote was mine.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

47 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Yes, because Thorsten and Manfred don't have a personal and work life and just live to make sceneries and give you release dates... These guys are working hard and you show them NO respect at all.

The simplest thing to do is not to publish anything until beta testing is complete. The first images were published 19 months ago and there is still no release date. I appreciate you have lives and other responsibilities but it seems counter-productive to make these announcements so far ahead of the release date.

Tom, I’m surprised at you for marking down my post. Shouldn’t you be neutral in these matters? As someone who has spent a lot of money on Aerosoft products I’m perfectly entitled to voice my opinion. Allowing people to downmark a comment is very unwise. It doesn’t exist on other major flight sim forums and for good reason. All it achieves is getting a customer’s back up.

if you can’t say anything good about something, say nothing. This forum has to be possibly the most anti-customer one in existence. You do yourselves no credit with your attitude. My suggestion was not an unreasonable one but now has 4 down marks. I shall post here as infrequently as possible from now on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 7

Ray, I have the same opinion as you but try to voice it as little as possible because I know the answer already. Just don't read the preview forums. There are previews where it makes sense (Jo Erlend for example, a few previews and a sneak peak into the development and not a too long wait to the release). Another good example is the AN-2, which had a few weeks of preview and is released already.

But then there is the Lukla thread, a few images of satellite imagery and then a full year without any information. Then there is Rotterdam with even no preview pics but pics of the real airport. Not to begin with Tahiti, Salzburg, Innsbruck or Johannesburg. They are not meant to inform (as there is basically no information coming for months or years) the customer but to "claim" that airport. The good thing is, it is not really working (anymore).

Long story short: I would suggest as well another preview policy as it leaves more people disappointed than it makes people happy.

• Upvote 3

David, good advice but it is frustrating that so many projects take years to come to fruition and some, never.

The policy of making these announcements is deeply flawed but that’s Aerosoft’s call.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

I for one enjoy the preview policy Aerosoft uses. 
If you're not willing to wait for something to be released just don't check the forums.

But others like me love to stay informed about projects they're interested in, this includes everything from good to bad news.

And if I learned something about software development, then that sometimes there simply isn't anything to share.

I can understand your point of view, but in my opinion it's a bit silly to demand on information for something you haven't paid for yet. Even if you're owner of other products.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Vor 1 Stunde, 737Pilot (sim-wings) sagte:

Please don´t critisize each other, I can understand Ray and all people waiting.

But for circumstances we can´t tell exactly when things will be released, only that we are working on this products.

Thanks for that,

Regards

Manfred

Let's go back to the topic:
Is there anything to say except for the release date? Maybe you have a few screenshots or some information for us about the status of development regarding GCLP? ;):clapping_s:
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Tom, I’m surprised at you for marking down my post. Shouldn’t you be neutral in these matters?

Why should I stay neutral? Just because I am a moderator here? Of course I have a personal opinion and am allowed to raise it. The idea behind the voting system is, that it is an easy way of showing a quick response to something (regardless of positive or negative). Not always I have either the time or the will to engage into a discussion but still am able to use the vote system to show if I agree or disagree with something. This system is open to all registered and logged in users.

You are a long time user here in the forums, Ray. You should know how Aerosoft handles the previews. And that is unlike many other developers/publishers. Aerosoft is quite clear on this way, and everyone is free not to look into the preview topics. For a couple of users we have even removed the visibility of this forum (on own requests). Aerosoft previews are simply not a promise that there will be a new product available in 4 weeks from now, but just tell you that something is in the making, without any time frame given. Nothing more, and noting less.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Tom, it’s precisely because you are a moderator you should remain neutral. If you want to express an opinion then do it via a separate standard user account.

Also, how does anonymising the votes make things fair? AvSim have a “like” option and it shows who has used it. The Aerosoft system is wrong because it allows people to vote something down but to remain anonymous unless they choose to identify themselves as you have done.

I just don’t see the need for the downvote option. It causes conflict and contributes nothing. If someone feels negatively about something then they should post their feelings, not hide behind the anonymous negative vote option. If my posts didn’t have that option we would not be having this conversation.

I fully understand the purpose of the preview section but with several projects still to deliver after years of supposed development it remains a lottery if they will all see the light of day. Hence why I stand by my suggestion they only be announced after beta testing is complete. That way every announced project is guaranteed to become available and in a matter of weeks too, not open ended as so many are.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 12

I think it's fair to now ask where this project stands considering the same developer just announced another Canary Island scenery in the works (for next month).

• Upvote 4

Who anounced what kind of scenery ?

I see, Thorsten announces TFS. Remember, we anounced it since 2002.

So please why don´t you write an e-mail to simmarket or other developers to do things we don´t ?

GC will and is done by us. If someone else right now will develope it, why don´t they tell it ? To be the first, like Barcelona ? They don´t stop us doing what we anounced since 2002.

Regards

Manfred

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, 737Pilot (sim-wings) said:

Who anounced what kind of scenery ?

I see, Thorsten announces TFS. Remember, we anounced it since 2002.

So please why don´t you write an e-mail to simmarket or other developers to do things we don´t ?

GC will and is done by us. If someone else right now will develope it, why don´t they tell it ? To be the first, like Barcelona ? They don´t stop us doing what we anounced since 2002.

Regards

Manfred

Sorry if my memory doesn't go back to 2002.

I'm writing to you, the developer of this project and the developer of Tenerife Sur, what the status is of this one. I'm not asking you to stop developing anything - just want some clarity. This project was announced in 2016, yet another airport will be released before it - so I was questioning if there was any updates.

Unless of course, development of Canary Islands Tenerife Sur started in 2002 and it has taken you 16 years to make. In which case, I'll pop by in 2032 when hopefully Gran Canaria will be ready.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

You are right, take it with humor as we do.

The problem is that we always the "bad" boys doing triple airports. But we did the first versions and people knows that sim-wings with the distribution of Aerosoft will do updates.

But other developer decided to do the same, maybe looking for money being the first with new versions. We are also looking to support existing costumers normally with cheeper update prices if the airport has not changed too much.

GC will be totally new, so no Update price will done.

But Heathrow, Barcelona, Baleares etc. have it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, 737Pilot (sim-wings) said:

You are right, take it with humor as we do.

The problem is that we always the "bad" boys doing triple airports. But we did the first versions and people knows that sim-wings with the distribution of Aerosoft will do updates.

But other developer decided to do the same, maybe looking for money being the first with new versions. We are also looking to support existing costumers normally with cheeper update prices if the airport has not changed too much.

GC will be totally new, so no Update price will done.

But Heathrow, Barcelona, Baleares etc. have it.

I think you misunderstand. I really don't care if you're doing TFS along with 60 other developers. I'm just curious as to why Gran Canaria seems pushed to one side whilst development of TFS has taken over it. Did TFS start before GC? If there's two developers, why not focus both resource onto the one project and bring it out.

And nobody has mentioned what the status of GC is, despite all this, which is what is concerning me the most. Do you have a time frame?

• Upvote 4