EDDT P3D Jetways

Alaex

Hey guys,

i was about to purchase Berlin-Tegel X for my P3D when i discovered on the store page that there was no information about the jetways in P3D (whether static or SODE jetways).
So i asked in the german support forum and a user who has already purchased Berlin Tegel X told me that they are not working in P3D.

Are there any further plans to include static or SODE jetways since AES is not available in P3D.
Furthermore i think you should mention such a thing in the product information because right now this is a reason for me to wait.

Greetings Alex

The developers have decided not to use SODE. The jetways need AES, which only works in FSX. P3D and FSX Steam users will not have jetway function. I do not think that there are any plans to change that.

vor 10 Minuten, Cargostorm sagte:

The developers have decided not to use SODE. The jetways need AES, which only works in FSX. P3D and FSX Steam users will not have jetway function. I do not thing that there are any plans to change that.

Well that's a shame. Last year Aerosoft started a poll which showed that most of the users here are going to use P3D in the future. So in that aspect it makes no sense to leave them with no working jetways...

The developers could at least have included the CTRL+J option... It's really a shame to leave a major portion FSX:SE and P3D) of users behind.

Hello guys

let me drop a few words here, why STRG J Jetways are not included.
Berlin (Tegel) has only 4 Jetways that would work with STRG - J every other Jetway is not "designed" to be moved that way.

This is why the developer did not included them.

The main problem with sode is currently, you cantbe sure that customer dont have a SODE 1.2 Airport, this would mean a new Airport that include SODE 1.3 would kill these SODE 1.2 Airports.
Right now SODE seem to be no easy deal for a developer, once it is on a stable version and wont be upgraded that often its for sure a option.

We also pushing all your feedback to the developers currently.

Update:
Internal it been check if we can include STRG J Jetways in the next update.

On 2.5.2016 at 10:59 AM, Fabian Boulegue said:

The main problem with sode is currently, you cantbe sure that customer dont have a SODE 1.2 Airport, this would mean a new Airport that include SODE 1.3 would kill these SODE 1.2 Airports.
Right now SODE seem to be no easy deal for a developer, once it is on a stable version and wont be upgraded that often its for sure a option.

Well, saying that SODE was not included because some user could have 1.2 on his computer is kind of a stretch, don't you think? 

As far as I know all airports that use SODE have got upgrades to 1.3 (at least the Aerosoft ones) or work with a work around.

So you are saying that the developer/Aerosoft prefers to deny his P3D customers the use of SODE in order not to annoy non customers who have probably not upgraded to 1.3?

I think Jeffrey made it clear that the break in backwards compatibility was necessary for and particular for version 1.3, but that further development will not cause that with each increment in the near future. With the logic you are following, there will never be a "stable" version as long as there will (hopefully) be development. FYI, 1.3 is a stable version, it's released. What you are talking about is a new version that does not break backwards compatibility and that is not planned as far as I know, for Jeffrey was trying to make the use of SODE for developers easier and cleaner, and ultimately following LM's structural change not to install add-ons in the root folder. That structural change is probably not going to change in the near future either.

So you see, I don't really get the developer's reasoning here...

I am happy though that the use of CTRL+J is being looked at, but if it does not apply to Tegel because of the nature of the majority of the jetways, as you said, SODE might probably be the only, better way.

I don't really like programs running in the background just to move jetways or similar stuff - All sorts of incompatibilities can surface depending on what the computer runs or which addons are working in the simulator. I could live with the option of disabling the programs if i don't want them, but airports like Alta or Zurich depend on SODE to display buildings unfortunately :(

There are so many developers building incredible airports for both FSX and P3D without such tools, why is there such a necessity all of a sudden? Jetways work perfectly, there is incredible lighting, traffic in the airports without the need for external programs...

I don't understand about building airports (i'm a .NET programmer, not a modeler), so i can't easily see why these programs are required.

As for EDDT, APC crashed on first use, i disabled it immediately.

...and there are also some top notch devs using such programs (ORBX, Flightbeam, FSDT) - everybody tries to overcome FS/P3D limits with his own methods

easier -> yes!

but you would miss many nice features, there's a price to pay

otherwise, just use updated AFCAD's with improved layouts but only objects that are strictly build according to the official SDK - that's the only "safe" way I can think of

13 hours ago, Nthabti said:

Well, saying that SODE was not included because some user could have 1.2 on his computer is kind of a stretch, don't you think? 

As far as I know all airports that use SODE have got upgrades to 1.3 (at least the Aerosoft ones) or work with a work around.

So you are saying that the developer/Aerosoft prefers to deny his P3D customers the use of SODE in order not to annoy non customers who have probably not upgraded to 1.3?

I think Jeffrey made it clear that the break in backwards compatibility was necessary for and particular for version 1.3, but that further development will not cause that with each increment in the near future. With the logic you are following, there will never be a "stable" version as long as there will (hopefully) be development. FYI, 1.3 is a stable version, it's released. What you are talking about is a new version that does not break backwards compatibility and that is not planned as far as I know, for Jeffrey was trying to make the use of SODE for developers easier and cleaner, and ultimately following LM's structural change not to install add-ons in the root folder. That structural change is probably not going to change in the near future either.

So you see, I don't really get the developer's reasoning here...

I am happy though that the use of CTRL+J is being looked at, but if it does not apply to Tegel because of the nature of the majority of the jetways, as you said, SODE might probably be the only, better way.

Well i can understand the developer in this part - a 1.4/ 1.X or even 2.X could break it there are promisses but nothing that you maybe should count on to hard - as i sad this is a decision made by the developer not by us.

I admit I'm not familiar with the nature of jetway movement at particular gates at EDDT; and how that might differ from what SODE can't do, but which AES can (if purchased to accompany the airport scenery).

But I do know that when parking up on a stand with a static jetway, passengers either have to attempt to leap bravely across the large gap bringing with it great risk of potential lawsuits; or tie together blankets, shimmy down to the apron and find their way across the tarmac without getting run over.

All this results in loss of business, declining loadfactors; and negative reviews on social media. Even then we are getting increasing sickness rates due to falling passengers landing on unsuspecting marshallers or loaders who happen to be walking below door 1a at just the wrong moment. Avatar Guy had a particularly large gentleman passenger drop on him only yesterday; and I'm told he'll be off work for over a month. 

For now I'll be sticking with my old Tegel; and spend the money on a few matresses placed strategically below each exit to soften my poor passengers landings.

Hi,

any plans to add the fences along Taxiways PE and SE in the upcoming update? From the Screenshots i've seen so far there are none in the scenery, looks a little different then reality because thoose fences are are quite massive (propably for security and noise reasons)..

kind regards

janosch

Archived