Textures and Frames EDDT

FreqFlyer

Today i updated EDDT to the latest version 1.01 and made some testflights again. The test scenario remained the same but i used some lower settings and tested two more airports (Athens from FlyTampa and Warsaw from Drzewiecki):

Testcase: 4nm final approach (FSipanel), Autolanding

Simulator: P3Dv3.2

Aircraft: PMDG 737-800WL

Weather: Clear Skies

LoD: High, Tessellation Factor: High, Mesh resolution: 5m, Texture resolution: 60cm

Scenery Complexity: Extremely Dense

Autogen vegetation density: None

Autogen building density: None

No traffic

View: Fixed Cockpit View

FPS Recorded via Fraps

CPU: i7 4790k

GC: 980GTX

All approaches were made with identical settings in the simulator. Here are the results for the approaches:

EKCH 04L (Flytampa):

Max FPS: 63

Avg FPS: 55

LOWW 29 (Flytampa)

Max FPS: 73

Avg FPS: 54,9

EDDM 08R (Taxi2Gate)

Max FPS: 65

Avg FPS: 56

EGLL 09R (Aerosoft Mega Airport London Heathrow)

Max FPS: 58

Avg FPS: 48,8

LGAV 21L (FlyTampa)

Max FPS: 59

Avg FPS: 53,8

EPWA 33 (Drzewiecki)

Max FPS: 63

Avg FPS: 53,9

And here are the results for EDDT 08R:

Max FPS: 53

Avg FPS: 45,7

---

Unfortunately the update doesn't bring better performance. It's still the worst airport in terms of performance i've currently installed... Are there any news about the issues?

Thanks and best regards

Florian

I've done 3-4 flights to and from Tegel since updating to V.1.01. and i see a little improvement in performance (it seems a bit less stuttery, but the frames are still low)

Hi Guys

Thanks for your efforts in getting us an update so quickly, and for showing continued commitment to improving the performance and usability of the airfield.  I know that (like Heathrow) the airfield is surrounded by dense autogen and as such represents a significant challenge to both frames per second and memory usage.  

Like the previous posts sadly I have installed the airfield and have not seen any improvement in peformance per frame and memory usage.  I would be hard pressed to see any difference to the v1 released a few weeks ago, I also experienced an OOM fairly quickly (running settings that work with all other airfields - Excluding Dublin of course).

Many thanks for your continued efforts in trying to get this scenery fixed, I will eagerly await further assistance or advice from Aerosoft and the developers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/5/2016 at 3:44 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

No, as far as I am aware there are no further updates scheduled.

And what happend with the bug reported here?

Will be ever repared?

Archived