VAS usage new EDDT

Hi,

did somebody check the vas usage. I did it and found EDDT + default C172 --> 3.1 and EDDT + PMDG B737NG --> around 3.8. ... not flyable. Got VAS message when moving arround during the night!! Might be necessary to compile the textures down.

Overall the scenery looks very nice, but ..... VAS :-(

Regards Holger!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked VAS and I had some 700-800 MB left after I landed the NGX online with other Vatsim traffic nearby and with all FTX Global addons and AS weather running so no problem in my case.

This is in P3Dv3.2.3.

vor 1 hour , mail@schraepel.com sagte:

Hi,

did somebody check the vas usage. I did it and found EDDT + default C172 --> 3.1 and EDDT + PMDG B737NG --> around 3.8. ... not flyable. Got VAS message when moving arround during the night!! Might be necessary to compile the textures down.

Overall the scenery looks very nice, but ..... VAS :-(

Regards Holger!

Sorry I forgot to add flying FSX!

I just tested, 3.2 used in the AS Airbus, at 1024 with vector/global/ASN. Autogen(both) and scenery complexity set to very dense. So no problem for me.

Though i find the scenery quite hard on frames given how small it is.

I've deactivated all 4 photo-sceneries for Tegel (Aerial_BerlinTegel_A1.bgl, Aerial_BerlinTegel_A2.bgl, Aerial_BerlinTegel_B1.bgl and Aerial_BerlinTegel_B2.bgl) which helped a bit with performance. By the way: 1.2 Gigabytes of photoscenery - which doesn't even look pretty - is a waste of resources. The combination of Ultimate Terrain X Europe and FTX Global does a good job representing the surroundings of the airport and the rest of the city. I prefer to live with the (very few) graphical glitches, which are located outside of the usual approach path, so they are barely recognizable when flying airplanes into Tegel.

vor 6 Minuten, chicken_3h sagte:

I've deactivated all 4 photo-sceneries for Tegel (Aerial_BerlinTegel_A1.bgl, Aerial_BerlinTegel_A2.bgl, Aerial_BerlinTegel_B1.bgl and Aerial_BerlinTegel_B2.bgl) which helped a bit with performance. By the way: 1.2 Gigabytes of photoscenery - which doesn't even look pretty - is a waste of resources. The combination of Ultimate Terrain X Europe and FTX Global does a good job representing the surroundings of the airport and the rest of the city. I prefer to live with the (very few) graphical glitches, which are located outside of the usual approach path, so they are barely recognizable when flying airplanes into Tegel.

But this can not be the solution. "Wonderful scenery --> But Switch off everything than you can use the scenery. Checking the VAS usage with most used addons might be not a secret for developers. 

I can not confirm issues with VAS. Works perfectly fine with 3GB when loading at the gate. That's about the same i get on most other big airports like Oslo, Munich, etc.

Please login to display this image.

And just to add this: I've got my HD textures for the bus installed there which take another 300mb of VAS, so 2,7GB it would be with a "standart" AS Airbus.

vor 47 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

I can not confirm issues with VAS. Works perfectly fine with 3GB when loading at the gate. That's about the same i get on most other big airports like Oslo, Munich, etc.

And just to add this: I've got my HD textures for the bus installed there which take another 300mb of VAS, so 2,7GB it would be with a "standart" AS Airbus.

Can not understand it. I got VAS 3.1 with the default C172. Do you have ORBX vector and FTX global installed?

Regards

Yes, FTX Vector, Global and Open LC EU, as well as REX 4 installed.

Could you post a full list of your addons in the area of Berlin (as well as global ones), as well as your FSX.cfg?

5 hours ago, chicken_3h said:

Great tip. Looks better without photo-areas if you have FTX global

@awf

Here are 5 screenshots without the photoreal area.

Northwestern corner, view towards W/NW: Jungfernheide Forst & Tegeler See

Southwestern corner, view towards S/SE: Berlin-Spandauer-Schiffahrtskanal and Jungfernheide

Southern corner, view towards S/SE: Saatwinkler Damm and Berlin-Spandauer-Schiffahrtskanal. Note the missing bridge of Saatwinkler Damm over the canal (left of the bridge in the center of the screenshot). This is a UTX entry that has to be altered, together with scenery density setting.

Southeastern corner, view towards E/SE: Kurt-Schumacher-Damm

Northeastern corner, view towards NW: Tegel military.

These shots are made with Ultimate Terrain X Europe (v1) and FTX Global. My autogen scenery in this setup is a "normal" for the buildings and "Dense" for vegetation. Setting buildings density to a higher value would add more realism, but Berlin is always a hard task for any machine, particularly if you have an untweaked TXL together with the original BER-scenery. So i leave AG density on moderate settings for the sake of smooth flying :-)

Vor 1 Stunde, chicken_3h sagte:

@awf

Southwestern corner, view towards S/SE: Berlin-Spandauer-Schiffahrtskanal and Jungfernheide

Southern corner, view towards S/SE: Saatwinkler Damm and Berlin-Spandauer-Schiffahrtskanal. Note the missing bridge of Saatwinkler Damm over the canal (left of the bridge in the center of the screenshot). This is a UTX entry that has to be altered, together with scenery density setting.

Southeastern corner, view towards E/SE: Kurt-Schumacher-Damm

These shots are made with Ultimate Terrain X Europe (v1) and FTX Global. My autogen scenery in this setup is a "normal" for the buildings and "Dense" for vegetation. Setting buildings density to a higher value would add more realism, but Berlin is always a hard task for any machine, particularly if you have an untweaked TXL together with the original BER-scenery. So i leave AG density on moderate settings for the sake of smooth flying :-)

Hi,

did vou saw any problem or did you miss something?

Regards

vor 11 Stunden , Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Yes, FTX Vector, Global and Open LC EU, as well as REX 4 installed.

Could you post a full list of your addons in the area of Berlin (as well as global ones), as well as your FSX.cfg?

Hi,

i have installed FTX Vector, Global, Open LC EU, and BER. Just checked again the VAS with default C172 -> 2.7 and with the PMDG B373NG -> about 3.5.

13 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

What are the "HD" textures for the bus?

5 hours ago, chicken_3h said:

@awf

Thanks for taking the time appreciated but I mean just outside the airport area?

Cheers,

Any of you who has problems with VAS ....

just check if you have Night Environment Germany activ, if yes try to lower the settings or disable it for test purposes.

A friend of mine found out that NE is " eating " about 700-800 Mb VAS.

He disabled it and had in TXL 40FPS locked and about 1,4 GB free VAS.

Emi,

now I tried it myself and can confirm it is between 700 and 800MB but with only 25% of lights it looks still fine and no OOM.

Still approx 800MB left .....

On ‎30‎.‎04‎.‎2016 at 10:04, mail@schraepel.com sagte:

Hi,

i have installed FTX Vector, Global, Open LC EU, and BER. Just checked again the VAS with default C172 -> 2.7 and with the PMDG B373NG -> about 3.5.

Hi,

I have not installed Night Environment Germany in FSX and --> VAS with default C172 -> 2.7 and with the PMDG B373NG -> about 3.5.

Any idea?

what has helped me a lot, is to bring down autogen building sliders in P3D, but think that FSX it will have same effect

and diasble aerosoft Berlin Brandenburg in scenery list when flying into or from Tegel

with tegel and pmdg 737 or b777 loaded about  2.9 mb vas used.

also have diasabled 4 photoscenery files, which are not really essential when flying IFR.

with these amendments I am saving about 500-600 mb of vas usage.  The tricky thing is that airport is

in the middle of big city, we have the same issue with areas like Los Angeles and London and Paris

when autogen sliders are over 40% flying almost impossible. and frames down.

hopefully this works,

otherwise changing to P3D V3.2 will solve many vas fsx problems, only issue is that some developers are

really slow in converting scenery or don't convert their products at all.

Gentlemen!

Can you please try the following? With FS X set the

Global texture resolution

at Settings > Display

to

High

an check the VAS usage.

On my test system the load has been reduced afterwards (leaving the scenery and autogen complexity sliders at VERY HIGH) to 3,5 GByte with PMDG's 737NGX. That's flyable. Holger, the starter of this thread, had confirmed it already. I as well use FS X with Acc Pack, DX 10 Scenery Fixer, FTX Global Base and Vector, openLC Europa and Night Environemnt Germany. Before that setting I've immediatley got OOM's with the 737NGX with a VAS usage of almost 4 GByte.

Thanks a lot!

Bert

Archived