VAS usage new EDDT

On ‎02‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 08:30, mail@schraepel.com sagte:

Hi,

I have not installed Night Environment Germany in FSX and --> VAS with default C172 -> 2.7 and with the PMDG B373NG -> about 3.5.

Any idea?

Hi,

I am a little bit disappointed because there is no reaction from aerosoft or developers in terms of "we are discussing it" or we "working on a update" or something like this. If there will be no response or update till 20.05.2016 I will perceive on my rescission and will reclaim my money back.

Thanks!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no reaction from us :o?
I think i did posted in many thread that we currently geather the feedback and that there for sure will be a update.

We currently try to see why "some" people have that high VAS usage.

What we did found that some people (lets name it 2) did had also a growing VAS usaged after they did uninstall the EDDT scenery.
Please check this also.

vor 3 Minuten, Fabian Boulegue sagte:

There is no reaction from us :o?
I think i did posted in many thread that we currently geather the feedback and that there for sure will be a update.

We currently try to see why "some" people have that high VAS usage.

What we did found that some people (lets name it 2) did had also a growing VAS usaged after they did uninstall the EDDT scenery.
Please check this also.

I think the installer of new EDDT did uninstall the GA3 EDDT Version?

Hi all!

The main link for the VAS problem might be the "today's basic" configuration of FS X and P3D with e.g. FTX Global Base and Vector, in EDDT's case OpenLC Europe, Night Environment (or similiar), a weather-pimper like REX and of course an AI-traffic provider. Keeping all this in mind will lead developers (not only the ones at Aerosoft ;-) to OOM free sceneries - with 1.024 textures of course. As almost no virtual pilot today uses a simulator basic epuippment devolping sceneries on a "blank" simulator is not  a smart idea. And to tell users to switch of whole add ons or features to make another add on work every time from scratch again is the wrong way as well.

Best for now!

Bert

Something is certainly wrong. Tegel has given me my first OOM ever!

This morning I installed Tegel into FSX-SE. It loaded up, fine, but with then only 600Mb VAS left with the view just of a terminal wall (I started at stand 10). After installing a new airport I always slew into the air, tilt the view down a little, and take a look around. It looks astonishing (though many of the cars on the roof are half sunk into it!), a really good looking airport.

After just swivelling around taking a good look at everything, over a period of perhaps 1 minute, bang, FSX-SE crashed OOM. 

I now know what that looks like!

I ran the traffic utility and switched off all three options. I've not yet tried disabling the 4 aerial texture files, but will do this next.

I have just about all of the Aerosoft airport sceneries, and this is the first to give me problems. It wasn't as if it was overloaded with AI -- 96 aircraft when it crashed. I run Aerosoft EGLL fine with up to 200!

I do not have a complex aircraft, only the Prosim 738 with no panel at all, so no graphics associated with that. I don't use any of the Night Environment addons -- I find they affect performance too much even though they looks astomishingly good. I just don't fly at night instead. I do have FS Global and UTX2 installed, and the base FTX (but not FTX Europe, because that gives me poor performance too),

My settings are not extreme, and turning some what might seem more obvious ones doesn't seem to help.

So I am after suggestions, please. I attach my FSX.CFG file in case there's something there I've overlooked.

I really would like to get Tegel working in a usable way. I just can't understand how it is the ONLY add-on scenery which has ever given me an OOM. As well as all the Aerosoft ones I have all of the UK2000 ones, and lots of other, mostly payware, airports tyroughout Europe.

Could it be than AS Brandenburg is too near?  I shall perhaps try Brandenburg and see if that now OOMs as well.

Pete

fsx.CFG

maybe time for switch to P3D V3.0  , all OOM errors gone since P3D V3.0 even with REX,Active Sky, Orbx , Ai Traffic etc.installed.  only thing I have done is reduce autogen building to low in areas like Berlin,london,Paris and Los angeles.

I do have P3D 3.2 installed too, but its performance with the amount of AI Traffic I like doesn't match that of FSX-SE, and it becomes poor at some airports, like EGLL. I'd rather stay with flyable performance with the traffic levels I like to see (realistic ones) than have better eye candy whilst flying -- which P3D certainly offers, but which I don't really need at airliner flight levels and with typical European weather!

And in all the years I've used FSX and FSX-SE with huge numbers of add-on sceneries, I've never had a genuine OOM till now. Before this I had to induce them (through code to keep allocating memory and not freeing it) in order to test the detection code in FSUIPC!

On the Tegel + Brandenburg VAS problems, I've checked out Brandenburg too, now, and whereas it was fine before it now starts off at a low VAS availability, which declines. I'll try disabling one when using the other and see if that solves the problem. Mind you, Aerosoft EGLL is fine with much closer UK2000 EGLC and EGKK airports.  (Disabling the aerial files didn't help much, if at all).

Pete

57 minutes ago, mail@schraepel.com said:

Without any scenery (beside orbx)? What do you mean?

Some people did had a bad VAS usage also without the scenery so with ORBX installed but not Tegel.

8 minutes ago, Fabian Boulegue said:

Some people did had a bad VAS usage also without the scenery so with ORBX installed but not Tegel.

Yes, I do understand many folks have suffered with VAS for some time. But I do not and never have until now, and only with Berlin. I am about to check again with one of Tegel and Brandenburg disabled. if that doesn't help then it has to be back to GA3 Tegel for me till something might be done.

Pete

ok Pete,

please let me know the VAS diffrent about default / Tegel X and if possible old Tegel :-) so we could hand this to the developer, on my system the diffrent is not big - but as more information we could gether then more likely it is that the developer will change some stuff.

Fabian... On my PC and the old EDDT the VAS usage was 2,5 GByte with the Trike and ~ 3,2 GByte with the 737NGX - for the setup with sceneries please look above. I haven't changed anything here for the new EDDT: Here the VAS usage was the same with the Trike and 3,8 to 4.0 GBytes with the 737NGX. Of course in both scenarioes with your BER and of course the DX 10 Scenery Fixer which I forgot to mention. No changes of these values with DX 9 BTW.

Bert

With Brandenburg disabled, Tegel starts off better -- over 1Gb free VAS on loading at the gate, instead of 600-700 Mb before. Then, instead of slowly decreasing till it gets an OOM, it now decreases to about 600 Mb. (That's just with my aircraft sitting there, and no additional AI aircraft being added).

So it looks like it might just about be usable, but only with Brandenburg disabled. I'm tot ecstatic about that. :-(

Pete

Thanks alot Bert :-) i will push these numbers to the developer :-)!

We already found some spots where the VAS could be reduced a bit, so we really hope that they going to fix it soon.

23 minutes ago, Fabian Boulegue said:

ok Pete,

please let me know the VAS diffrent about default / Tegel X and if possible old Tegel :-)

Ok. Off to try old Tegel now.

Pete

12 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

With Brandenburg disabled, Tegel starts off better -- over 1Gb free VAS on loading at the gate, instead of 600-700 Mb before. Then, instead of slowly decreasing till it gets an OOM, it now decreases to about 600 Mb. (That's just with my aircraft sitting there, and no additional AI aircraft being added).

So it looks like it might just about be usable, but only with Brandenburg disabled. I'm tot ecstatic about that. :-(

Pete

Yes its a really bad area, you have that many airport next to each other that get "loaded" ... for now it might be one of the best option to disable the other one

• Aerosoft

In my capacity as the manager of our Quality Control department (that is unfortunately very understaffed at this moment) I'm having a meeting on these issues next Monday. So we'll be back on this next week.

And yes I got too many hats on at Aerosoft, lol.

Always hard being too popular ;)

Thanks for the update Mathijs and I hope you'll also be able to bring up the other issues found with this new scenery found in separate threads.

Right.

With Brandenburg still disabled, the comparison between GA3 Tegel and the new Tegel is as follows:

On loading at Gate 10:

GA3:  1350 Mb free

New:   1100 Mb free

That doesn't sound so bad. BUT. Whilst waiting at the gate, the GA3 one stays hovering around 1250-1350 whilst the new version appears to keep using up memory till it gets down to around 600 Mb. And this is with more AI aircraft with GA3 than with the new one.

Slewing around to take a look reduces the free VAS with GA3 to about 1240, but with the new one it dangerously dips below 600.

For comparison, Aerosoft Heathrow starts off with 1150 Mb free at the gate, and slewing round to look can reduce it to around 860 Mb. And that's with between 200 and 300 AI Aircraft. I've never had an OOM with Heathrow.

Pete

I've now discovered something else, which may be relevant.

Even with the old Tegel, and Brandenburg still disabled, the free VAS gadually gets lower and lower until the inevitable OOM occurs. This is with my aircraft just sitting there, doing nothing. (I got distracted by other support matters and left it as it was on my previos VAS check -- for 2 hours!).

Okay, it takes a long time to get to the OOM point, but it shows something is slowly eating memory and not freeing it afterwards -- i.e. a leak.

I've no idea what could be doing this. I can leave the Sim at Aerosoft Heathrow all day and the free VAS just goes up and down after stabilising at an okay mount. The ups and down would be the AI Traffic coming and going.

I'm going to have to engage on a process of elimination to see what is going on in this area of the world. Could it be the old Tegel? What else might it be?

Pete

EDDT OOMs rather quickly for me (about 15-30 seconds after takeoff - 08 L departure), and I'm very good at managing my VAS.  P3D V3.2  Just using FTX Global.

Hope you can find a solution.

Cheers, Rob.

Archived