Hello,

I've noticed some differents regarding the performance setting in the aircraft database, specifically the fuel bias. Since the update I can only see one tab called "Fuel Bias" insted of three tabs for climb, cruise and descent. Is there any way now to modify the CLB and DES bias (beside to edit the performance charts manually) ?

Thanks a lot,

Almog

Almog, you can add a bias factor within the performance file itself. Bias can be applied to each individual speed schedule whether it be a climb, cruise or descent speed. Add the line FuelBias=X.XX to the header section for the relevant [CLIMB.X], [CRUISE.X], or [DESCENT.X] section. So for the example below a 3% reduction below the book figures is being applied to a 170 KIAS climb, FuelBias=1.03 would add 3%.

[CLIMB.0]
Name=170IAS
FuelBias=0.97

[DATA]........

I don't know if there's a more "global" way to add a standard bias to all Climb profiles, or all Cruise profiles, etc.

Jon

OK, I've tried to edit the performance file manually but received the same numbers, I even tried to put in some radical values but no success.

Any other ideas maybe ?

Almog

Hi Almog, after you edited the aircraft file did you remove the aircraft from the Aircraft Database in PFPX, restart PFPX and then re-install it, just to be sure the new data is being read? I used that FuelBias tag in the ATR72 file bundled with PFPX if you want to see it in a full file rather than my example above.

Jon

On 4/22/2016 at 9:19 AM, BW901 said:

Hi Almog, after you edited the aircraft file did you remove the aircraft from the Aircraft Database in PFPX, restart PFPX and then re-install it, just to be sure the new data is being read? I used that FuelBias tag in the ATR72 file bundled with PFPX if you want to see it in a full file rather than my example above.

Jon

Yep... I will give it another try and it will be great to have a look on your file.

Thanks

Almog

EDIT:

No luck. 

[CLIMB.0]
Name=250/310/.84
FuelBias=0.94

[DATA]

No change at all between this input and the original file, even tried to put in some bigger number...

Thanks

Archived