P3D V3.2 scenarios problem

miroslavmurin

I have problem with AI aircraft in scenarios. Su-27 is bright, it looks like without textures and Tu-95 has landing gear down. Anybody else has same problem? Both AI airplanes are ok in FSX. I noticed that just in P3D V3.2

Not having P3D 3 I can only guess as to the cause. It sounds as though the SU-27 is a port over using bmp's for textures which I don't believe are supported by P3D so you could convert them to dds and see if that fixes it.

As for the TU-95 I have no ideas as to why it's gear would be down. 

Cheers

-Josh

I get a similar thing in P3d 2.5, although I find that I can see the blue underneath.
It's more like the colours are fluorescent, so as a consequence you get a white out effect with the su-27.

Tu-95, seems they always go very slow, some ahve gear down some don't.

Definitely there is something wrong because I don't have any problem with Su-27 and Tu-95 in FSX. I was just wondering if it is common issue or I have some problem with installation of P3D or F-14X. I tried to reinstall F-14 with no result. I am going to reinstall P3D as well so I will see if it will help

I have the same problem in P3D 3.2, I dont know what causes it? I had it before with F14 1.1 in P3D v3.0, 3.1 and now again with F-14 Extended in 3.2. It was fine in FSX.

• 2 months later...

I don't mean hijack this thread. Let me start by saying I haven't purchased the F-14 Extended yet ( but I do  have Dino's F-14D) but I do use P3D 2.5  and also use Megascenery Earth (Note - this is not a plug!) and have noticed the Megascenery in P3D appears somewhat washed out whereas it looks normal in FSX.  I wonder if these issues are related to how P3D renders scenery and objects. Most people tend to think P3D is just FSX  tweaked but  it does do somethings different and I wonder if the developers really check everything or just assume it will render the same? This is not a wrap against aerosoft or any other developers- I just hope they realize that not everything renders same between FSX and P3D.  

• 2 weeks later...

To quote the other thread:

The Su-27 and Tu-95 are not our models, they were donated to the project by other developers (as noted in the credits of the manuals), so it's not really possible to improve the texture mapping. The only option we would have is to call different aircraft. I *believe* P3D now comes with a stock Tu-95, so with a couple of edits it might be possible to call that one instead. I can try that next week (I've been stuck working 14 hour shifts).

I think there is not problem with Tu-95 model but with its airspeed. It slows down to 200 knots and probably that's why it drop down landing gear. Also Su-27 flies too slow. when I swapped it with F-35, it dropped down landing gear as well. So is there any way how to increase AI aircraft airspeed in scenario?

I'm going to need to revisit the entire AI package for the F-14 in the coming months (after dissertation defense!).

I tried calling the Tu-95 that comes with P3D, and it showed the same gear down problem; but then retracted the gear once I had a gun's solution and the Tu-95 started to turn away from the carrier group. Something about the updated AI flight input must have triggered that reaction.

A patch for this will come, but it's a couple months out. I'll also see if we can also dig up a P3D compatible fighter. There are plenty of US (aggressor) options, but I think it would be better to try and find another Russian aircraft to keep up the authenticity.

Please login to display this image.

Archived