Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

amm693    6
3 hours ago, Fabian Boulegue said:

The planed release date is 4Q 2017 thats right - no further informations to announce currently.

for A318-321 as well as A330? lol

Tom A320    2929
1 hour ago, datguytho said:

Will there be a possibility to have 2 loadsheets available at the same time?

You can always create a loadsheet and store it away (by simply copying the file somewhere else). If you then later need it again, just get it back from there.

Anders Bermann    506
1 hour ago, datguytho said:

Hi, sorry if this has been asked already, but I didn't find anything with the search function. Will there be a possibility to have 2 loadsheets available at the same time? So that you can prepare 2 different loadsheets with the fuel planner - lets say, loadsheet A and loadsheet B - and on the MCDU II you can decide which loadsheet you want to be loaded? 

This would be helpful if you want to land, park and continue with another flight without having to open the Airbus Fuelplanner again.

Isn't that kind of 'nice to have' not 'need to have'?

Besides, can't you already prepare this with PFPX?

datguytho    20

Yes, it's definitely more of a 'nice to have' thing. And yes, I was aware of the fact that you can replace the files during the flight, it would just be more comfortable if you could just select a new loadsheet without actually having to minimize the sim and replacing files etc. 

I don't exactly know how the Airbus reads the loadsheet, but if you could just type in a letter on the MCDU and then load the respective loadsheet things would get less messy in a way.

• Upvote 1

amahran    279
55 minutes ago, datguytho said:

And yes, I was aware of the fact that you can replace the files during the flight, it would just be more comfortable if you could just select a new loadsheet without actually having to minimize the sim and replacing files etc. 

You run the sim on full screen?! You sir are a dying breed, I have it in windowed because I need to have my browser open for charts and such.

EDIT: Not to mention that, although flying is fun, I can't stand sitting in a simulator cockpit for hours on end with nothing happening.

I also run my sim on full screen mode. Despite all the disadvantages like having to minimize the sim all the time to work with other programs too at the same time I still like the full screen mode way more than the windowed mode. Especially when I fly with the PMDG 777 the ability to easily place the 2D panels of the PFD, ND.. on my second black screen makes the full screen mode very enjoyable.

Anders Bermann    506
1 hour ago, amahran said:

I have it in windowed because I need to have my browser open for charts and such.

Me too... but that's mainly because I like seeing a movie while flying ;)

• Upvote 1

datguytho    20
vor 3 Stunden , amahran sagte:

You run the sim on full screen?! You sir are a dying breed, I have it in windowed because I need to have my browser open for charts and such.

EDIT: Not to mention that, although flying is fun, I can't stand sitting in a simulator cockpit for hours on end with nothing happening.

I use a tablet and I only have 1 screen. So yeah..

• Like 1

mach533x    28

I just got a touch screen asus. I was thinking it would be more helpful. but not really. lol. but i just got my big stack of JEPP charts for school, so i used those today in the sim and worked great! 

Now, on the new airbusses will we be able to set the range and the mode of the two NDs separately???,

For example, on the first officer's ND we have NAV with a range of 10 and on the capitain's we have ARC with a range of 40...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Samaritano    3

I was curious if the Aerosoft Airbus 2018 is going to implement what the CRJ currently has which is assigment or use of the CTRL + Shift + Numbers keys. I would hate to see these keys being used or hard coded into a gauge file because that would seriously limit my use of customs views with Ezdok and my Logitech G13. Hopefully Aerosoft would abstain from doing so. :-)

Ethan Hunt    4

Will the new busses include an ipad like dave? I really like having a menu that is seperate from the mcdus. It is annoying on the busses or pmdgs planes to have to go back to the fmc/mcdus menu to open doors or edit settings or config ground equipment. 

• Upvote 4

Emanuel Hagen    4086
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Will the new busses include an ipad like dave? I really like having a menu that is seperate from the mcdus. It is annoying on the busses or pmdgs planes to have to go back to the fmc/mcdus menu to open doors or edit settings or config ground equipment. 

No, but the A330 got 3 MCDUs, so 2 can be used for, well, "MCDU'ing" while the third will be used for the menus.

• Upvote 4

Emanuel Hagen    4086
2 hours ago, Samaritano said:

I was curious if the Aerosoft Airbus 2018 is going to implement what the CRJ currently has which is assigment or use of the CTRL + Shift + Numbers keys. I would hate to see these keys being used or hard coded into a gauge file because that would seriously limit my use of customs views with Ezdok and my Logitech G13. Hopefully Aerosoft would abstain from doing so. :-)

As far as I am aware the MCDU keyboard interface will remain the same compared to the present A320 series.
So no CTRL+Shift+number

The present MCDU uses only Ctrl+number for LSK selection.

• Upvote 2

Emanuel Hagen    4086
On 8.9.2017 at 5:52 PM, amahran said:

Actually the best solution (in my eyes) is the one in between: There are tools available which can cut the header and task bar off, so you can run the sim in windowed mode, while it actually fills the whole screen.

Google for "Autohotkey FSX fullscreen" and you should find something. I really wouldn't want to live without it anymore.
And the best: The autohotkey solution is free of charge!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

julien_Blue    117
On 8.9.2017 at 17:52, amahran sagte:

That's why a few people have two or more screens

• Like 1

vor 9 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

No, but the A330 got 3 MCDUs, so 2 can be used for, well, "MCDU'ing" while the third will be used for the menus.

So you decided against the EFB?

• Downvote 1

Emanuel Hagen    4086
12 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

So you decided against the EFB?

I didn't say that. The EFB would be unlikely to be used for these options though. That's why we have the third MCDU.

Please don't read anything regarding the EFB from my statements. I am currently simply not informed on its status and if a choice has been made yet.

• Upvote 1

Anders Bermann    506
1 minute ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I didn't say that. The EFB would be unlikely to be used for these options though. That's why we have the third MCDU.

Please don't read anything regarding the EFB from my statements. I am currently simply not informed on its status and if a choice has been made yet.

I thought that Mathijs said - a long time ago - that Aerosoft had decided not to develop an EFB?! 

(I can't find the post, though)

vor 16 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

I don't want to start any discussion about that now, but there is a questionmark at the end of my sentence;)

• Downvote 1

walterg74    12
On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:52 PM, amahran said:

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:55 PM, Anders Bermann said:

Me too... but that's mainly because I like seeing a movie while flying ;)

Yes, let's spend hundreds (thousands) of dollars to get the best computer, the best display, yokes, panels, controllers, all the greatest add-ons to give our sim maximum realism and immersion...

And then let's just watch it in a window....

Seriously, some people... :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5