Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

Frank Docter    3787

We fully understand your posts. We just do not see the need for something like that. Using TIR will ofcourse shift your POV. That is not an VC seat thing but the way you sit behind your monitor. The Airbus will come standard with a perfectly correct POV from the seat. 

• Like 1

Mathijs Kok    22720
11 hours ago, Herman said:

What would this add that simply using the built-in "Move eyepoint" command doesn't? I use a spare "coolie hat" on my joystick for that, but of course not every joystick has one. And there's always the key commands available. Anyway, not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand the problem this would solve.

The problem with that is that is messes up ChasePlane and the likes.

scubaboy    2
2 hours ago, Meyerflyer said:

Hello,

this will be my last posting to the seat as I notice my point has not been fully understand. :)

In my P3D the camera position is not correct as these white and red balls to adjust the pilot's view are not matching. So my camera position is not perfectly set up. But this may be be caused by TrackIR or some other settings I did. I will check that.

This is why I never use my TrackIR - resetting it puts you back at the default VC eyepoint, which I usually don't like, in a lot of aircraft it's low like a child is in the seat.

I cheat the reset by moving my head away from the normal position when resetting, but this only works with linear TrackIR movement. I can create a new VC eyepoint using CameraPositionX, but I can't change the default eyepoint which TrackIR resets to.

• Upvote 1

On 29.8.2017 at 10:45 PM, Flightplayer said:

From that page:
"(...) The second Airbus product to incorporate BTV will be the Airbus A320 family(...)"

Of course BTV isn't on the A320 family yet so I doubt Aerosoft are willing to add it.

BTV requires that the aircraft knows where the runway exits are. This information is not available in FSX/P3D in any usable form, so an external database (probably some sort of subscription) would be required. Once that's available, then yes, a BTV feature would be technically possible.

• Upvote 3

Herman    656

Thanks for explaining, Mathijs. With all the energy about this, I was wondering why just using the key commands (which Dave kindly added to the conversation) wouldn't suffice. Got it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

nealmac    244
4 hours ago, nealmac said:

Yes, I use PMDG and iFly products and I'm well aware that they all have pop up panels that work well. As do the pop ups on the new CRJ. I was just making the point that if pop ups were to cause performance issues on THIS particular aircraft, I'd rather live without them.

In other words, just because pop ups work well on 1 aircraft, it doesn't mean they won't cause problems on another.

Oh, it looks like I got my first ever down-vote. I suppose it had to happen sooner or later. I just wish I got it for a controversial post :lol: 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 8

CheapCharlie    23
On 8/31/2017 at 3:32 AM, Airbus339 said:

In my opinion it's extremely hard to find information in this huge thread. I would like to suggest to make it more user friendly maybe splitting the thread in one for the A330 and one for the A320 Family with some updated info on the first page.

Perhaps a moderator could make a sticky post listing the most FAQ such which engine versions/models etc.  This way folks can read a list of features without loosing track of information after reading over two hundred posts.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Airbus339    128
6 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Actually there is quite a lot of information in the very first post of this topic, like for example which engine version/model ;)

Experience tells us, that it doesn't matter where you put information to, there are always people not reading it. A sticky post/topic wouldn't change that actually. 

In a process of continuous development there is no other way than simply following the preview topic. Information which is important for one user might be completely irrelevant for another one. So with choosing which information to become sticky or not we would miss stuff for some people. 

The first page of this thread has only some general info only about the A330 and it still says 2016 as release year... I think it's time to update it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Tom A320    2916
1 hour ago, Airbus339 said:

I think it's time to update it.

That would be the opposite of the point I was trying to make ;)

• Like 1

RJ100 Swiss    3

Hi Mathijs Kok,

will it be available for the P3D V4?

On 27.7.2017 at 09:28, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Btw, we have now entered out Airbus projects into our administrative systems, here is the info.

• Aerosoft A320/A321, Edition 2018
  • Aerosoft A318/A319, Edition 2018
  • Aerosoft A318/A319 & A320/A321, Edition 2018 (bundle)
  • Aerosoft A330, Edition 2018

2018 ? Ok, that takes a while :D

• Upvote 1

Anders Bermann    505
3 minutes ago, RJ100 Swiss said:

Hi Mathijs Kok,

Where did you get 2018?

The name of the addon, isn't necessary an indication of when the addon is going to be released. It's just a marketing thing.

• Upvote 1

RJ100 Swiss    3
vor 1 minute, Anders Bermann sagte:

The name of the addon, isn't necessary an indication of when the addon is going to be released. It's just a marketing thing.

Ok, no problem ;)

• Like 1

Griffin78    102
On 2017-08-31 at 4:42 PM, nealmac said:

Oh, it looks like I got my first ever down-vote. I suppose it had to happen sooner or later. I just wish I got it for a controversial post :lol: 

Don't worry be happy, I gave you 2 x Upvote and a like as a compensation.:)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 1 hour , RJ100 Swiss sagte:

Hi Mathijs Kok,

The A330 will be for P3D V3 and V4. As well as FSX and FSX Steam, as far as I'm informed. Just like the CRJ and the new A320 family.

• Upvote 1

Johnny767    39
On 8/26/2017 at 1:19 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

Actually, they do very much. You will get high brake temps almost always when vacating the runway on the first possible exit or when landing on a short runway on a hot summer day.

We do model the brake tempratures rather detailled. Run a search in our old Airbus preview thread from 2014 and you will find an extensive answer by Mathijs on this topic and how detailled our brake temprature simultion is.

At this moment there is just no visual animation based on the tempratures.

I do not think in the real Airbus you would actually see glowing wheels when it's turning hot. At least not until flames are coming out of it ;)

Hi Emanuel... Yes, that's what I meant.. That visual anuimation. As you mention, in real life we don't see smoke just for brakes running hot. But, in our sim world, you know sometimes we can make things happen. Sometimes we hold on the brakes for too long which could cause some "fire".  And with fire comes..... smoke. Ok, we don't need a smokey Airbus.  haha. But, you get what I'm trying to say.

-- By-the-way, you can also add an option to turn it on or off from the "options" list on the FMC. 

ckara    19
6 hours ago, RJ100 Swiss said:

Ok, no problem ;)

If you read that message correctly, you'll see this line.

5. All these products will release this year, (CRJ first) where the A330 follows on the A320 series. we expect these all to be released shortly after each other.

• Upvote 1

Johnny767    39
On 8/26/2017 at 3:00 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Though he was talking about visually...

Plus, if we model high brake temps in the sim, and I agree they can be normal, then we ought to model the brake fan!  LOL

Honestly, I did not know aircraft had fans for their brakes until a couple of years ago. But speaking about brakes, smoke , and fans, I don't think the fans will be necessary. Honestly, no one will notice if it has fans, unless you zooom all the way in, or the developer mentions it. On-the-other-hand, smoke can bee seen from far...like the condensations on the engines and wings... It adds so much realism; thus engaging you in a more immersive manner. (The more alive a scenery or an airplane behaves, the more appealing it is).

• Upvote 2

Anders Bermann    505
4 hours ago, amahran said:

To further make the point, 2018 model year cars have already been released on the market, and it's barely September.

True. Kinda early, isn't it? 
But then again, I'm an opponent of Christmas commercials before december... :lol:

• Upvote 2