Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

amahran    279

Can we get some inside scoop with the whole CPDLC thing that's coming on VATSIM? I know you guys are a part of the whole deal and prepping your planes for such, so I'm curious to see what the current status is.

• Like 3

Mathijs Kok    22720

To be honest, I do not know but will find out. We do have some of the functionality already working in the current systems though.

• Upvote 3

xRyu21    2

It was said that you have not planned to release a airbus neo edition I think it is a mistake not to integrate it to the version a320 2018 that took you more time to development? I'm ready to wait longer if it has to. Or do you think you will make a cheap extension quickly?

• Downvote 2

Mathijs Kok    22720

I'm sorry to disappoint you but no Neo is planned, there are many reasons, from the fact that there are not a lot flying to the faxct it is currently not possible to get some of the data profiles we need.

And what we are doing is far from a cheap extension, lol, believe me, having 4 people work on a project for several months is rather costly.

• Upvote 1

FWAviation    346

I see that you renamed the A330 preview topic in order to include also the A320 "remake". Why so, since Tom A320 or anyone of the other moderators said that a separate topic was planned for the A320? I ask because I find it quite confusing that this topic contains both projects now (I know that much of the code used for the A320 will find its place in the A330 as well, but still...) instead of news and comments regarding solely the A330.

Or do you do this in order to bring this topic to 350+ pages, now that the old record-breaking CRJ preview topic is closed? ;)

• Upvote 2

mach533x    28
4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It made more sense to combine the discussion as we see it very much as one base product that splits into three packages.
When we get close to release I will start new ones.

i got super excited when i couldnt find the a330 haha   oh well.     i sold one of my laco watches to afford all these new goodies! so im excited now either way!! 

• Upvote 4

g7usl    23
On 13/08/2017 at 7:17 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

Since FS does not simulate windshear there is nothing the system could warn you for.

FSUIPC too?

DaveCT2003    796
On 8/16/2017 at 7:59 PM, johnadmans said:

I still don't have a plane to fly in the new sim.

Actually, windshear and even predictive windshear modeling is possible.  It' been possible since at least FS9, but it's not controlled by the flight sim software per se.  It's very complex, eats frames at the worst possible point (departure/approach, when a lot of scenery is being run) and to really do it right you'd have to tie it to a weather engine.

The Fly the Maddog MD-80 had a working Predictive Windshear and I was always both surprised and impressed at how terrific it worked.  Then again, the guys who made that aircraft were professional computer programmers and they did things back in FS9 which still haven't been done or in some cases are just being done in FSX or P3D.  Mathijs knows, he was part of the original team there!

Today we can find windshear and windshear audible warnings in Active Sky and likely in some new upcoming weather products (don't ask, I can't say anything more).  It's sort of the same thing you'd want as a pilot, and the primary indication is the audible alert and that is what is going to dictate your actions.

Now, even though it's POSSIBLE, what it takes to do this is likely far beyond the price point charged for these aircraft. 

Best wishes.

• Upvote 2

Johnny767    39
1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Actually, windshear and even predictive windshear modeling is possible.  It' been possible since at least FS9, but it's not controlled by the flight sim software per se.  It's very complex, eats frames at the worst possible point (departure/approach, when a lot of scenery is being run) and to really do it right you'd have to tie it to a weather engine.

The Fly the Maddog MD-80 had a working Predictive Windshear and I was always both surprised and impressed at how terrific it worked.  Then again, the guys who made that aircraft were professional computer programmers and they did things back in FS9 which still haven't been done or in some cases are just being done in FSX or P3D.  Mathijs knows, he was part of the original team there!

Today we can find windshear and windshear audible warnings in Active Sky and likely in some new upcoming weather products (don't ask, I can't say anything more).  It's sort of the same thing you'd want as a pilot, and the primary indication is the audible alert and that is what is going to dictate your actions.

Now, even though it's POSSIBLE, what it takes to do this is likely far beyond the price point charged for these aircraft. 

Best wishes.

I'm amazed at the things that can be done (if you know how, of course). I was amazed at what PSS did with the Airbus series and Boeing 777 for  FS 2002 and 2004.. being able to program way points and  auto-land those aircraft, was amazing. This, considering how far back this started. Today, technology  and skills have improved tremendously  and greater things can be achieved. But, as you mentioned, Dave, it also comes with a price. 

amahran    279
On 8/20/2017 at 0:24 PM, tecnogamer19 said:

Hi,

Will we be able to switch the 'Retractable light' switches separately in the A31x/A32x 2018 version??? 

No one ever complained about a runway being too bright ;)

• Upvote 1

darkplay    6

I have a question: What are the differences going to be (when it comes to the functionalities of the aircraft) between the FSX and P3D v4 versions?

Thanks

Mathijs Kok    22720

Almost all code is updated meaning that is is all more 'in depth'. The MCDU is without a doubt the most complete ever done for a Airbus in our sims. The complete VC is also overhauled to suit modern hardware better. All in all there are literally thousands of changes. That's why we call this a new product.

• Upvote 3

darkplay    6

Thanks for the reply Mathijs, but I meant the differences between the new FSX version and the new P3D v4 version... In one of your posts you said that the P3D v4 version would have some extra functionalities compared to the FSX version

Thanks

Er!k    198

I think the P3D v4 specific features have to do with the extra functionalities. For example dymanic lighting is only possible in P3D v4...