Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

Emanuel Hagen    4083
1 hour ago, Patrick Almeida Helzer said:

Why is that all displays in the CRJ are also available as 2D panels but the A330 wont have 2D panels?

Different developers... even further, the CRJs systems (2D popups of the displays belong to that) are done by Digital Aviation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Mazen    0

Does anyone know how Fuel Dumping works on the A330 if it available at all?

I know that the A330 design is capable of "Overweight' landing beyond its MLW while adjusting the landing speed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Griffin78    102
19 minutes ago, Mazen said:

Does anyone know how Fuel Dumping works on the A330 if it available at all?

I know that the A330 design is capable of "Overweight' landing beyond its MLW while adjusting the landing speed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I don't know myself but I have googled around a little and it seems that it is available on some a332 but not for the A333. However, I am far from certain though but @Wackenopfer will know for sure though I think. :)

J.Stein    3

As far as I know it's a customer option, but only for the A332 since the A333 (except for the 242t version) has the center tank deactivated. 

But actually you don't need to dump fuel, because the A330 is certified for overweight landings up to MTOW.

Even in the case of an engine fire shortly after takeoff, it's still better to damage the gear instead of circling around and wait until MLW is reached while the engine may continue to burn. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Upvote 3

B777ER    1

As a diehard pilot of the digital skies I have used nothing but Boeing products from PMDG. I am very interested and excited about trying out the European competition, both the 320 and 330 in P3Dv4. In the interest of time and having to parse through 230 pages I hope someone can answer this for me. How well does/will this software interface/interact with settings and calibration through fsuipc? I have hardware designed for Boeing but plan to adapt it for use with Airbus (sinful I know). I hope to set detents up with my throttle stand, engine run/cutoff with my switches on the throttle stand (it's the JetMax 737 throttle stand) nose wheel steering with my standalone tiller, etc... 

I realize the developer is updating the product so the answer to this question may be different than with the old version currently in use, thus it will likely need to be answered by a team member when they have the time. Many thanks. 

DaveCT2003    796
1 hour ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Also things like sidestick priority seem to be modelled and functional. Good work;)

I would search this forum for an answer to that (I'm not sure which page it's on, but I was the author), it's not what you might be thinking.

Best wishes.

Jack_All    1

Hi,

due to holiday and a lot of work I didn't keep pace with this topic the last weeks:

I am a little confused about the last updates postet in the A330 Preview Thread. They're all concerning a AirbusA318-321 cockpit overwork!? What's with the A330? No more updates? I remember that once you said, it is not so much development work from the A320 to the A330. Now the A330 updates seem to dissapear an this topic consists of updates of the A318-321.

Maybe someone could give a state of development of the A330? Btw, I think it would be more clearly, to post exclusively the A330 related news in this topic called "A330 preview" and open maybe another preview for the A318-321 overwork. But perhaps I'm wrong and I overlooked a detail in the older posts.

Thx,

Jack

• Upvote 1

Frank Docter    3787

There will be a seperare A320 preview thread soon. You are correct that it is all a bit confusing now. 

Mathijs wrote a few days ago that the A330 is in "mid alpha" state at the moment. Most of the systems and new FMGC features are done. Same goes for the modeling. But it is not yet in beta. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

vor 48 Minuten, DaveCT2003 sagte:

I would search this forum for an answer to that (I'm not sure which page it's on, but I was the author), it's not what you might be thinking.

Best wishes.

Oh Ok. I'll look for it;)

Edit:

Ah, yh, I knew, but it simply looks Nice though;)

• Upvote 1

worshipbrat    27
36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There will be a seperare A320 preview thread soon. You are correct that it is all a bit confusing now.

Cool. It'll be great to have a new place to lurk now that the CRJ is in operation. Life is good in P3D4 now with the CRJ and PMDG stuff all happy - just missing my 'busses.

DaveCT2003    796
40 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Ah, yh, I knew, but it simply looks Nice though;)

LOL, Yes sir, I agree, it's looks terrific! 

Thanks for checking out my post, my concern was that someone might have read your post and pushed off with a different assumption about the stick priority.

Thanks again, and best wishes.

• Upvote 1

nikita1234    2

What is the difference between the new VC re-texturing compared to the HD quality one that came you for the Airbus 320 series. Looking at the pictures they look great but maybe I am blind, i do not see a lot of difference compared to the HD textures.

amahran    279
7 minutes ago, nikita1234 said:

What is the difference between the new VC re-texturing compared to the HD quality one that came you for the Airbus 320 series. Looking at the pictures they look great but maybe I am blind, i do not see a lot of difference compared to the HD textures.

On 7/14/2017 at 5:54 PM, amahran said:

Just to throw a picture comparison out there so people can see the difference, it's difficult to see anything quantifiable otherwise:

daa4cde1b0.png

Screenshots_NEWVC_20170714_004.png

• Upvote 2

Sabretooth78    10

Funny how I thought it looked great before - and to realize there was actually room for improvement short of actually buying the real thing!?

BudSpencer    46

Wow, the "old" A320 was already good in terms of the VC. But I didn't think that even so much more could be done just in terms of modelling and texturing!!  Thumbs up!

• Upvote 2