Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

Well, I saw an update for the a320/21 coming a mile off, all they have to do is an update and it could be right up there with the FSLabs for a fraction of the price. Regarding the a330 I mean I'm gonna buy it straight away, I'm stuck flying short flights, I'll finally be able to go across the pond to America and back. well done Aerosoft.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Lotus3xiG3    89
vor 12 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

...that's not the market we aim for.

And that's what I like about you! I want a good-looking aircraft with a great system depth useable for everyday operations at a reasonably good price! And your Airbus Series so far meets those requirements in my opinion and I'm looking forward to the A330 even it may be a bit more expensive than the current ones... Keep pushing, guys ^_^ !!!

• Upvote 3

Carey    1

Hello All,

in the event of both RNAV & GLS approaches, will the "approach" button disengage automatically when "decision height" is reached ? Also will the PFD display that RNAV?GLS has been selected in the FMS ?

Rgds

Carey

CRJ900    296
vor 2 Minuten, Carey sagte:

Hello All,

in the event of both RNAV & GLS approaches, will the "autopilot" button disengage automatically when "decision height" is reached ? Also will the PFD display that RNAV?GLS has been selected in the FMS ?

Rgds

Carey

PFD should show magenta needles (with corresponding FMA' messages) and ND should show the GPS/RNAV RWY XX approach. Regarding the AP - technically no, should you not be manual already, execute a go-around.

Frank Docter    3787

Hi Carey, GLS approaches are not simulated on our versions of the bus. Many RW Airbusses are not configured to fly GLS approaches and ours is modeled after one of those. 

RNAV approaches are modeled and work as advertised in our upcoming Airbusses. 

• Upvote 1

amahran    279

What is a GLS approach anyways? I'm confused as to how it's not an ILS approach or what kind of 'special equipment' is required.

• Upvote 1

tomtom_9    11

Hi there.

I cant wait. I want this to come faster plz can some one give me a eta.

Thanks Thomas.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Malcomx    21
3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

All these products will release this year, (CRJ first) where the A330 follows on the A320 series. we expect these all to be released shortly after each other.

is it okay for a man to cry !!! Im just gonna say yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   and might I add haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 

• Upvote 2

Er!k    198

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date! Cannot wait to use the A320 in P3Dv4 :) Have my scenery ready, AI, this is going to be a nice holiday :D

• Upvote 3

Mathijs Kok    22720
1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

That's Marketing! It simply makes sense to use a product name that doesn't expire immediately. It makes even more sense to read what was stated above in detail ;)

All these products will from now on get a yearly major overhaul, that's why we used the year in the name. After Airbus X, Airbus Extended, Aerosoft Airbus A320 it was hard to come up with something new.

There will also be an educational version intended for schools etc. This has become a major market, with over 500 licenses already in use (almost all in the US). As it might pop up in text I better let is be known that this will not be sold to customers. The main difference is that it has the simDirector options fully activated.

• Upvote 3

DLH 6RW    18
vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

where the A330 follows on the A320 series. we expect these all to be released shortly after each other.

Hmm, I always thought the A330 will be released first and then we will get the A320 with some newly implemented A330 features? I am a bit confused now as you said the A330 follows the A320 series :huh: Nevertheless, great news - thanks for this clear statement :)

• Upvote 1

Er!k    198

Did not expect the naming Airbus Edition 2018, more thought it would be like Airbus Evolution :D

• Upvote 1

Tom A320    2916
6 minutes ago, DLH 6RW said:

Hmm, I always thought the A330 will be released first and then we will get the A320 with some newly implemented A330 features? I am a bit confused now as you said the A330 follows the A320 series :huh: Nevertheless, great news - thanks for this clear statement :)

Have a look on the compatibility list as also here:

Junerick    9

Hello AS, 

Maybe a stupid question. May I ask why the CRJ first, A330 second and after them the A320 series. 

The A320 series is an already established product which many customers have in their virtual hangar. 

Wouldn't it be more logic to release the A320 first and after that New Products... Don't kill me here.. Just asking..  

DLH 6RW    18
vor 17 Minuten, Tom A320 sagte:

Have a look on the compatibility list as also here:

Thanks Tom! Missed that statement. Now everthing's clear :) That's a very fair and transparent information and product politics. So if I get everthing right, that means also we can expect an A330 somewhere between August and September as it "will follow pretty fast after those aircraft" and the A320 Edition 2018 is planned for August. But just take your time and continue the great support, development and communictaion.