Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

On 18/04/2016 at 7:36 PM, generale84 said:

good and solid news...unfortunately few operators use Trent engines in europe :(

Indeed.but the 330-300 RR at least there's Etihad, and Saudia in the Middle East, but for the 330-200 pretty sad to see that Emirates Retired them

• Upvote 2

Anders Bermann    505
17 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a small update: Was again a shorter week here in germany due a celebration day, but the Bulkcargo Compartment is now also done. Next days will be used on a new platform, but back pretty soon....

Amazing, Stefan! 

How many more rabbits do you have in that hat?? :o

FWAviation    346
vor 8 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

If you show me serious market research that confirms that we will sell a lot of A380 then CRJ.... In OUR market research that did not show. Besides, a full blown A380 is not possible at this moment because a lot of information needed is simply not available. Even for the A340, A350 this is a major issue.

I hate going off-topic a bit further, but your comment sure is interesting. So this narrows the announced A3XX project down to the A320NEO, if the A380, A350 or the A340 (which you excluded before anyway) are that hard to do at the current point in time. Unless you plan to do the A310 or A400M, of course. ;) Just my impression.

• Upvote 2

qqwertzde    93
5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you show me serious market research that confirms that we will sell a lot of A380 then CRJ.... In OUR market research that did not show. Besides, a full blown A380 is not possible at this moment because a lot of information needed is simply not available. Even for the A340, A350 this is a major issue.

I can only provide you with a tiny market research: I would buy an Aerosoft A380 right away, even if I knew that not everything is perfect. I would assume that the systems in an A380 are not too far off those in other Airbuses as far as the work of the crew is concerned. If we would get a half-decent A380 with the right weights and reasonable (if not perfect) flight dynamics, it would still be waaay better than what is available right now. I wouldn't buy such a plane for $120, but certainly at a typical Aerosoft price range.

Peter

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Trevor11350    3

I don't have a problem with the a330. ( In fact a few hours ago I just got off of one). I was just wondering why no developer has done that aircraft. In my opinion it would make more sense for aerosoft to make an a380 as they have done the a320 family and are doing an a330

• Upvote 2

Poe Dameron    87

Out of curiosity, will the AOC Flt Log page accessible in the A330X? I see alot of pilots on this particular page when I enter the cockpit at work, and it's almost always on the middle unit

Poe Dameron    87
2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, shoul be in there.

Yay! Next question how does one go about accessing that particular page?

• Upvote 1

Mathijs Kok    22720
40 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Do you have 6 fuel pumps or 20?
What about Taxicam, EFBs, the all new radio equipment, datalink, the new FMGS (not just in terms of the layout to the pilot), ECAM, etc.?

There is a very good reason there is not even a modestly realistic A380 on the market. There are simply many systems in that aircraft that will be incredibly hard to simulate. The EFB comes to mind first, there is at least a full year of development in that alone and it will always need licensed (meaning you as a customer have to pay separate money for that) vector maps that can be opened in the VC.  That alone is enough to think twice about such a project.

I can almost guarantee you that in the next two years there will not be a realistic A340, A350 or A380. Not to the degree we do our Airbusses. 

• Upvote 2

Dudley    350
6 minutes ago, Trevor11350 said: I don't have a problem with the a330. ( In fact a few hours ago I just got off of one). I was just wondering why no developer has done that aircraft. In my opinion it would make more sense for aerosoft to make an a380 as they have done the a320 family and are doing an a330

That's not entirely true, there are some A330s on the market, but you see the same "problem" with all of them: None is a 100% detailed systems simulation. In fact I believe none is even as detailed as our A320 series is.

Reasons for this, among others, are that long haul aircraft generally do not sell as good as short haul aircraft. Many simmers do not have the time to fly long haul and thus prefer short haul aircraft.

If you got the choice between an A320 and A330 as a developer you will likely pick the A320 since you get more sales for approx the same amount of work.

Once you got the A320 you can then descide to build on it and go ahead with the A330.

I'm not saying this is the only option to make a detailled long haul Airbus, but it surely is the most attractive.

Large capacity planes are often used for short haul, high capacity routes, particularly in Asia. You will often get A330s flying to the Canaries from the UK simply for the seats.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

FWAviation    346
vor 23 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

There is a very good reason there is not even a modestly realistic A380 on the market. There are simply many systems in that aircraft that will be incredibly hard to simulate. The EFB comes to mind first, there is at least a full year of development in that alone and it will always need licensed (meaning you as a customer have to pay separate money for that) vector maps that can be opened in the VC.  That alone is enough to think twice about such a project.

I can almost guarantee you that in the next two years there will not be a realistic A340, A350 or A380. Not to the degree we do our Airbusses. 

Is the EFB really an indispensable part of the A380? Just asking (and this is where we still can stay on topic ;)) since you once thought of developing an EFB for the A330 and the response of the forum (including me) was, well, not exactly enthusiastic. ;) As you know, many of us (at least of those who participated in the discussion back then) prefer to view maps on a tablet, other separate devices or even on paper anyway. So if there is any way to develop an absolutely flyable A380 without an EFB, I would definitely vote for that one.

• Upvote 3

FWAviation    346
vor 13 Minuten, Dudley sagte:

Large capacity planes are often used for short haul, high capacity routes, particularly in Asia. You will often get A330s flying to the Canaries from the UK simply for the seats.

True. And Eurowings is using its A330s for high capacity routes in the Mediterranean as well - just like, back then, LTU and for a few years also Air Berlin.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Forgive me for bringing this up again, but that leaves very very few options for the A3xx project you guys are planning...

• Upvote 2