Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

Dudley    350

Doesn't that look amazing?  I have been waiting for some in sim shots, particularly on the tarmac. Stefan made a good choice for the opening livery, it really displays the aircraft well.  Really looking forward to this now.

Frank Docter    3791
48 minutes ago, kaihamdan said:

Y is the camera elevated soo high up??

I was playing around with Chaseplane. This is not a preset window view.

• Upvote 1

Tom A320    2928
50 minutes ago, kaihamdan said:

Y is the camera elevated soo high up??

And also please keep in mind that everything you see in this topic is very much WORK IN PROGRESS.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Balogh Ádám said:

There is a free Airbus Takeoff Performance Calculator on the net. Also you can buy TOPCAT.

TOPCAT is great but it doesn't have an A330 profile.  And it'll surely be a while before one is available--if I remember correctly, it was around three years between the release of the PMDG 777 and when a 777 profile was released for TOPCAT.

steve dra    199
2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

First page, first post.

I swear you guys need to rig up a splash screen that takes up the users full screen the 1st time they visit here...require them to read and acknowledge that they've read the 1st page that explains the model/engine type, planned features, release date philosophy etc and if they create a post asking for that info, warn them once, then ban them for a month (With big bold type telling them you are doing it if they violate that rule).

That would make the Mods job soooo much easier here and probably cut the posts we have to wastefully wade through by half.:lol:

Maybe with verbiage something like:

"You are entering the AS A330 preview forum. While we appreciate your desire to participate, there are questions that are repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, repeatedly, asked and answered in the 1st post that we are REQUIRING you to read and acknowledge.  If you violate this rule you will be warned once, then banned for a month if you continue to ignore this rule.  

We are implementing this to maintain the sanity of the moderators who spend at least 50% of their valuable time referring users back to this page.  In addition, your fellow simmers get increasingly frustrated and sometimes hostile when they see the same question asked over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, again.  Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

:D

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

Tom A320    2928

Can we please stay on topic and do not follow posts ...

8 minutes ago, steve dra said:

... we have to wastefully wade through

;) 

• Upvote 1

steve dra    199

I appreciate the sad fact that I contributed to the same chaff that we're all wading thru on these forums....however if we were to actually "stay on topic" and comply with the literal interpretation of the thread title "Aerosoft A330 Preview", then no simmer other then the ones who are showing previews of the Aerosoft A330 should be posting here at all, right?  

Trust me when I tell you that I am all for that because all I want to see are previews and info from the devs and beta testers regarding this project.  While some of the content here is very interesting and informing....if its not coming from the devs it is nothing more than speculation and possibly slightly relevant info about the A330.

I realize that this post is meant for meaningful conversation about the project and the aircraft in the spotlight, but this post has been "off the rails" since day one...and this is a systemic problem not unique to this post, but all forums as we know if you've also visited the CRJ forum. ;)

With that said, and in interest of not being the very person I was making fun of with my post, I am ending my association with this thread and the next posts you'll see from me will be previews of the paints I'll be providing for the A330 (I would look for those posts in the screenshot forum unless you create a new forum for the A330 release and associated repaint thread).

Please note I'm not leaving this post in angst, rather just not wasting my time here anymore as I do not have anything constructive to add to this post (I'm not an A330 engineer, pilot, dispatcher, beta tester or developer). And besides, I have other planes to paint until this one is released ;) 

See you guys on release day!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

nice pictures!!!

One thing i noticed is that both fmc seem to be moved a bit to the right...the text of the fmc isnt completly readable on the right side, while on the left side is a big empty part.

Maybe its wanted... I dont know.. just as a information for you

Have a nice day :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

layth23    47
5 minutes ago, nairolf123456 said:

nice pictures!!!

One thing i noticed is that both fmc seem to be moved a bit to the right...the text of the fmc isnt completly readable on the right side, while on the left side is a big empty part.

Maybe its wanted... I dont know.. just as a information for you

Have a nice day :)

Like they said...................

5 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

very much WORK IN PROGRESS.

• Upvote 2

Ohhh, lovely pictures. I´ll definitely buy this beautiful bird. So sag that I´m no BETA tester for Aerosoft:(

Hope for more pictures soon. Thanks for that, Frank:)

TwixXiZ    10

On the 2017 version of the A320 family, the textures will be revised in x2048 like A330? :lol:

Emanuel Hagen    4083
1 minute ago, TwixXiZ said:

On the 2017 version of the A320 family, the textures will be revised in x2048 like A330? :lol:

Why wait for a 2017 version if you can have my HD textures for our A320 right now already?

• Upvote 2

HB-JHM    15

it looks great. A big compliment to the whole Aerosoft Team for this Project. :groupwave_s:

I want to say thank you, that we can fly in the future a really nice A330 in our simworld.

Mathijs Kok    22721
25 minutes ago, TwixXiZ said:

We have not fully decided yet. For sure not for the 32 bit versions as we are very much careful to keep VAS use in mind.

EI137    9

I don't believe this question was asked, in the current buses when you were changing between the the different throttle detente let's say toga to climb it would instantly click whereas on other Airbus products like bbs or fslabs there's a transition where the throttle moves. Keep up the great work can't wait to take this across the pond

• Upvote 1

Frank Docter    3791
53 minutes ago, TwixXiZ said:

Yes but I don't understand why there are "... VU"

They are there to indentify panels/systems for the technical staff:

IMG_1275.PNG

IMG_1276.PNG

IMG_1274.PNG

• Upvote 1

Frank Docter    3791
21 minutes ago, EI137 said:

I don't believe this question was asked, in the current buses when you were changing between the the different throttle detente let's say toga to climb it would instantly click whereas on other Airbus products like bbs or fslabs there's a transition where the throttle moves.

I think it will not be implemented because it has no real use IRL and in the sim. It will only complicate the whole thrustlever setup routine and seeing how one of the main FSL devs does not use it like it should, but reverts to using the F4 key, says it all. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Emanuel Hagen    4083

Yep, as Frank says, those ranges are not to be used by flight crews (apart from the range from IDLE to CLB of couse ;)).

We did therefore not implement them as it only complicates stuff for the normal user.

• Upvote 2