Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

Anders Bermann    442
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It would not matter. As with the release date question the "which aircraft" question will always stay with us. 

Mathijs's first post here says it all but who reads the first post in a topic anyway. ;)

Good point.

Dudley    341
12 hours ago, The Dude said:

No, this is not planned at the moment. Only the A330-300 with RR engines is developed at this moment.

I think the A330-200 series would be a better variant to add to the range at a later stage,  I don't know how many freighter variants there are.

6 hours ago, amahran said:

Mind you, they said they were close to releasing the CRJ 4 years ago. Progress can always be misleading.

I think there was one guy working on the CRJ - this project has 7 people working on it I believe.  We have 64bit sims on the way, without a doubt, and I think release is imminent.  So the sooner this is released the better I would imagine,  4 years down the line we will be clamouring for a decent  64bit A330.  The moderators love it when we clamour!

• Upvote 1

coolcraft117    18

Just read in the "Navigraph cycle update email" (couldn't find a name for that kind of email :P ) that the CRJ700/900 X is SCHEDULED to release at 18.05.2017

First things first: Congratulations :boingy_s:

Second things after the first ones: That gives us an idea of when the A330 will be scheduled to release (not until 18.05.2017 for sure!)

Edit: as some people won't read this and also some won't apply the so called "logic" in their thoughts, there will still be people asking, if the A330 will be released in this month or in April :banghead1_s: (if they know about the order, the CRJ, a330 and 320 are planned to be released... maybe they didn't read that too)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Tom A320    2812
4 minutes ago, coolcraft117 said:

... some won't apply the so called "logic" in their thoughts ...

The logic here is, that both developments run independently from each other (A330: Aerosoft, CRJ: DA). There is nothing you can derive from one project to the other.

About an A330 release date: all there is to say about this is, that the A330 is in ALPHA state, meaning the first "testable" builds have been compiled. This doesn't say anything about when the BETA state will start (the testing with lots of beta testers) and it definitely says nothing about a possible release date.

• Upvote 3

coolcraft117    18
15 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

it definitely says nothing about a possible release date.

I know. I was just pointing out that accordingly to the Release Order that was given, the A330 will 100% not be released until the release for CRJ. I also know that it doesn't mean the a330 will be released immediately after the CRJ.

I have patience :glider_s:

Emanuel Hagen    4055
42 minutes ago, coolcraft117 said:

Just read in the "Navigraph cycle update email" (couldn't find a name for that kind of email :P ) that the CRJ700/900 X is SCHEDULED to release at 18.05.2017

Interesting that Navigraph knows more about our projects than we do...

• Upvote 3

sn512    5
vor 47 Minuten, coolcraft117 sagte:

First things first: Congratulations :boingy_s:

Second things after the first ones: That gives us an idea of when the A330 will be scheduled to release (not until 18.05.2017 for sure!)

Edit: as some people won't read this and also some won't apply the so called "logic" in their thoughts, there will still be people asking, if the A330 will be released in this month or in April :banghead1_s: (if they know about the order, the CRJ, a330 and 320 are planned to be released... maybe they didn't read that too)

I think that they used the date from the shop.

Anyway - No release date is given...

• Upvote 2

coolcraft117    18

They said, they "prepared" for the CRJ700/00 which is scheduled to be released for the 18th May

Is that true?

Just now, sn512 said:

Anyway - No release date is given...

Ah ok, thanks :) 

Dudley    341
11 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Interesting that Navigraph knows more about our projects than we do...

If you are using the standard Aerosoft format and paths for the data, as you are on the A330. Then second guessing you is pretty simple, as it doesn't matter much when it is released, Navigraph are very efficient at covering products, that they are anticipating the CRJ is not surprising.  The data manager will only have to detect that the CRJ is present.

• Upvote 1

Emanuel Hagen    4055
5 minutes ago, Dudley said:

If you are using the standard Aerosoft format and paths for the data, as you are on the A330. Then second guessing you is pretty simple, as it doesn't matter much when it is released, Navigraph are very efficient at covering products, that they are anticipating the CRJ is not surprising.  The data manager will only have to detect that the CRJ is present.

The CRJ does not use the format used by the Airbusses, but that is not what my comment was aimed at.

• Upvote 1

Dudley    341
Just now, Emanuel Hagen said:

The CRJ does not use the format used by the Airbusses, but that is not what my comment was aimed at.

I know, I suspect that Navigraph are using a sixth sense, that is best not spoken of.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tom A320    2812
Just now, Dudley said:

I know, I suspect that Navigraph are using a sixth sense, that is best not spoken of.

They just use the date given in the AS shop... which is as we all know nothing else than a placeholder...

• Upvote 1

astolfi    28
1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

The logic here is, that both developments run independently from each other (A330: Aerosoft, CRJ: DA). There is nothing you can derive from one project to the other.

About an A330 release date: all there is to say about this is, that the A330 is in ALPHA state, meaning the first "testable" builds have been compiled. This doesn't say anything about when the BETA state will start (the testing with lots of beta testers) and it definitely says nothing about a possible release date.

Maybe we can say for sure that the A330 will not be released this week, not even the next week, and, I think, not even this month (and, but this is more uncertain, the next month). ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Citation X    207

To those asking all the release date questions

Be HAPPY someone is making a good A330 for FSX, weather it will come this year or even next year you want a sloppy or well done product? A330 is in Alpha phase meaning its in initial testing and won't be fully functional until the beta that comes after the alpha. 

All we need to know is the A330-300 RR Trent model will be initially simulated and will have the same complexity as the A321/A320 & A319/A318 series meaning only NORMAL systems will be simulated only, no fire or advanced ecam messages this is not a PMDG-style aircraft that simulates everything. The plane is designed to simulate the everyday life of an everyday line pilot.

The chances of a pilot experiencing an engine failure is said to be once in his or her entire career, in fact most pilots go their entire careers without ever getting a failure. So the AS philosophy there is no need to simulate systems on aircraft that you won't use 99% of the time. Whenever I fly advanced PMDG-style planes that have all the buttons simulated I almost never touch anything that is non essential to daily flight.

Another reason is all those extra systems will hog FSX since it needs more computing power (and still being stuck in 32-bit you need all the RAM and processing power you can get) so you would get more framerate. Now I'm a complex guy and like to have all the buttons working but as long as we get a good functional mostly bug free, decent cockpit as we have already seen, and good sounds the A330 we can agree it will be a great product weather it is advanced or not.

In the mean time we are all waiting for Stefan's Friday's it's a magical time for all of us!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, coolcraft117 said:

I know. I was just pointing out that accordingly to the Release Order that was given, the A330 will 100% not be released until the release for CRJ. I also know that it doesn't mean the a330 will be released immediately after the CRJ.

No, it was already explained, that there is no such thing as "Release Order" at all. Simply the estimated work amount (per developer) left from the CRJ is much less than the work amount left (per developer) from the A330. That is why the estimated release date of the CRJ is nearer than that of the A330. Do you seriously think that Aerosoft will hold back a fully complete and tested A330 because the CRJ is not ready yet? When the estimated release order was published it seemed impossible that the CRJ will not be released before the A330. Now, as a forum reader seeing the progress of the two products I am not sure anymore. So it is probably still improbable but not impossible that the A330 will be released earlier. As far as I know the two development teams are now totally disjoint, so the projects are totally independent of each other. Which ever is ready first will be released first.

• Upvote 2

cloadmcally    7
3 hours ago, Balogh Ádám said:

No, it was already explained, that there is no such thing as "Release Order" at all. Simply the estimated work amount (per developer) left from the CRJ is much less than the work amount left (per developer) from the A330. That is why the estimated release date of the CRJ is nearer than that of the A330. Do you seriously think that Aerosoft will hold back a fully complete and tested A330 because the CRJ is not ready yet? When the estimated release order was published it seemed impossible that the CRJ will not be released before the A330. Now, as a forum reader seeing the progress of the two products I am not sure anymore. So it is probably still improbable but not impossible that the A330 will be released earlier. As far as I know the two development teams are now totally disjoint, so the projects are totally independent of each other. Which ever is ready first will be released first.

Fokes, please.

Let people who have made up their own beliefs keep them. Don't waste time trying to explain what was already made clear by plenty of the staff members.

Let's all happily wait for Stefan to deliver us some of those tasty easter egg images

Dudley    341
10 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for the friday update! This week was focused on creating the geometry for the cargo hold and the corresponding door interiors. Also all the guides and clamps for the containers you can witness on the entries.

Also all three doors are available, including the bulk cargo section.

Texturing has to wait again here like with the gearbay, as primarily now all the final geometry has to be done. The last large part will be the galleys and pax doors, which have been already started today. Once this is in place, all the final painting begins...

[...]

All looking good, as ever Stefan. Out of curiosity, I took a look in the cargo bay on the A320, to see where all the GSX containers go.  They just vanish.  But it was all textured.

Wibispnp    26
Just now, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Microscopic black holes? ;-) But that brings me to an idea!

Of course you can crawl around the cargo deck also in the A330.

Stefan,Where is the paintkit that Mathijs promised?

Regards,Wibi

• Downvote 7

Dudley    341
1 minute ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Microscopic black holes? ;-) But that brings me to an idea!

Of course you can crawl around the cargo deck also in the A330.

Don't worry, I will put my overalls on and get in there.

• Upvote 2