Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

Emanuel Hagen    4086
7 hours ago, iccowan said:

I have to agree with this. I do not feel that 2D panels for the overhead panel or the MCP are necessary but after flying the PMDG aircrafts I do enjoy the FMC's having a 2D option. It is nice when programming the FMC for the flight to have a 2D panel in order to not have to move the camera so close to the FMC. 

For the PFD and ND it is nice, but to me personally it is less of an issue. I would live to see a 2D MCDU that is not in a pop out screen like the current A32x.

What exactly do you mean? A 2D MCDU is already included in our A320 series, so I don't quite understand what you think is wrong with it? Could you explain it please?

• Upvote 1

iccowan    66
2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

What exactly do you mean? A 2D MCDU is already included in our A320 series, so I don't quite understand what you think is wrong with it? Could you explain it please?

Isn't the 2D MCDU a pop out screen only? If not then I am mistaken but it would be nice for it to be incorporated like the PMDGs and be able to click on the MCDU screen in order to have the 2D come up to simplify things.

• Upvote 1

aighes    5
2 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I think the expected behavior should be similar to the Majestic Q400. You click on the screen of the MCDU/PFD/... and this screen then gets displayed as an separate window.

I know it#s far away from 100% realism, but it's helping a lot if you are flying on a smaller screen (eg. Laptop), as it's pretty hard to see though cockpit window and at the same time watch your speed, altitude,...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

aighes    5

On A320 on right MCDU, there is a tiny issue. If you once switch to the Pushback-menu by mistake, it's impossible to get out of this menu without starting the pushback. Would be nice, if this will be fixed in A330 and future A320. (Or didn't I find the way back to main menu?)

• Upvote 1

ColH    72
20 minutes ago, aighes said:

I think the expected behavior should be similar to the Majestic Q400. You click on the screen of the MCDU/PFD/... and this screen then gets displayed as an separate window.

I know it#s far away from 100% realism, but it's helping a lot if you are flying on a smaller screen (eg. Laptop), as it's pretty hard to see though cockpit window and at the same time watch your speed, altitude,...

This is my point exactly. Because of limited space,and/or finance, we sadly do not all have large HD screens. The AS Airbus range is superb, but I for one, think that it needs this feature. Regards to all.

• Upvote 1

Mathijs Kok    22722
47 minutes ago, ColH said:

This is my point exactly. Because of limited space,and/or finance, we sadly do not all have large HD screens. The AS Airbus range is superb, but I for one, think that it needs this feature. Regards to all.

And all our busses always had that. You can also use the MCDU from any tablet or laptop on the same network.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Emanuel Hagen    4086
3 hours ago, iccowan said:

Isn't the 2D MCDU a pop out screen only? If not then I am mistaken but it would be nice for it to be incorporated like the PMDGs and be able to click on the MCDU screen in order to have the 2D come up to simplify things.

This is implemented since a long time already, even in our present Airbusses. I believe it was first introduced with the Airbus X Extended.

You need to click on the black bar on the right of the MCDU keyboard to open/close it.

-2017-feb-24-034.jpg

By clicking the left bar you activate the MCDU keyboard input by the way, just in case you did not know..

Goof    456
vor 8 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

By clicking the left bar you activate the MCDU keyboard input by the way, just in case you did not know..

classic case of RTFM :D Been like that since the very first version of AXE :D

• Upvote 3

generale84    90
1 hour ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

This is implemented since a long time already, even in our present Airbusses. I believe it was first introduced with the Airbus X Extended.

You need to click on the black bar on the right of the MCDU keyboard to open/close it.

-2017-feb-24-034.jpg

or SHIFT+F2

• Upvote 1

Dudley    351

Thanks for the Friday update Stefan, I can't believe there is more detail to do in the gearbays, they look great already.

• Upvote 2

Mathijs Kok    22722
51 minutes ago, Patrick Helzer said:

Please Aerosoft!

But why? The last 5 years I never heard any good argument why a 2d panel with limited colors, no lighting effects and a totally unrealistic view angle makes any sense (apart from cockpit builders, a market we always said we do not aim for). If you really want a viewpoint that is from your crotch (sorry could not prevent myself from making that punj), the FSX/P3D view systems allows you to create them and keep the correct shading and colors. The fact that the view point is unrealistic remains of course. Just try to move the FSX viewpoint to something that is close to a 2d view and see where your head ends up. A contortionist would not be able to manage that.

I know we make an exception for the MCDU but that is because it is a system you actually need to enter data in, not just view the output. And ask the devs, I even fought that one (and lost).

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Dudley    351
Just now, julien_Blue said:

Well.. I've often missed the Top of Decent while watching the A320 from the outside :D

not the best argument i know...

The Superman view.

• Upvote 1