Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

Viktor_UHPK    2

Dear team,

I guess you have already heard this a lot, but once again: Fantastic work on the A320. I'm a real world pilot with 4000hrs on type. I appreciate your dedication to this addon for so many years already! You have created a fantastic simulation and you're offering at great price. 

I've read about the A330 FMGC features. Sounds like you have implemented pretty much everything one would wish! I'm looking forward to improved managed descend and vertical speed modes, which will make the flight guidance pretty much complete.

Two more things I have mentioned earlier: 1. Low resolution, low framerate PFD. Is there going to be an improvement here? Still fixed at 18FPS? 2. Approaching a runway in "track/fpa" and performing a go-around does not activate the flight directors and the associated go around modes (e.g. SRS). May we expect an update here as well?

Greetings and congratulations to the A320!

Viktor

• Upvote 2

Dudley    350
3 hours ago, Andreas A said:

I'm not buying unless there is a Geordie accent option for the FO's voice.

Cheers!/Andreas

With subtitles.

• Upvote 1

Hi everybody ! 

I read all the post and now i want to know if we CAN have a not date but JuSt a month ..i read that it will be released in the first part of 2017 ..now CAN we have more précision ?  Also you are doing a vert good job and i want to thank you for that ! Bye

• Downvote 5

Ace64    0
On 18/04/2016 at 9:11 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Because the previous topic was merged with something else I open a new one with two new images.

To be clear about a few issues:

• Release is expected in 2016 (but hey, shit happens)
  • We start with the A333 with RR engines but we might expand, nothing decided yet though, a full coverage of all possible models is not our goal
  • As with the current busses we focus on the task of the pilots as this allows us to make an realistic product for a reasonable price.  We do not include anything that does not occur at least once every 5000 hours of flight
  • As with the current busses we will try to include many features that are normally only added with other add-ons
  • And yes it will have wingflex.

A330PIT_002.png

A330PIT_001.png

How different will it be to the A318/19/20/21

eltechron    57
19 minutes ago, Ace64 said:

It will have an A330 exterior, interior and systems, along with all features in the A320 ;) 

• Upvote 3

Dudley    350
24 minutes ago, Ace64 said:

Airbus deliberately make them extremely similar,  so that if you have flown the a320 series, you will have next to no problem with the larger A330.  

• Upvote 1

Mathijs Kok    22716
36 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Airbus deliberately make them extremely similar,  so that if you have flown the a320 series, you will have next to no problem with the larger A330.  

Mmmm, it will still need some study, if only because we are including a lot more systems.

astolfi    28

For the winds, do you think that all the WIND pages will be implemented?

And they affect the predicted fuel consumption and the ETA?

And also HISTORY WIND will be available?

A320_FMS_WIND_PAGES.jpg

ColH    72
13 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Mmmm, it will still need some study, if only because we are including a lot more systems.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but with the increase in the amount of systems on the A330, and then on the new generation of the A320 family, is there any predicted effect on frame rates?.

At the moment, the current 'busses (v1.31) run very well on my not so top of the range computer, and I am looking forward to the new releases, hoping that they will work OK. Regards to all.

eltechron    57
13 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:  

Sorry if this has been covered before, but with the increase in the amount of systems on the A330, and then on the new generation of the A320 family, is there any predicted effect on frame rates?.

At the moment, the current 'busses (v1.31) run very well on my not so top of the range computer, and I am looking forward to the new releases, hoping that they will work OK. Regards to all.

Frame rates should be similar.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Frank Docter    3777
1 hour ago, astolfi said:

For the winds, do you think that all the WIND pages will be implemented?

Yes, except history. 

And they affect the predicted fuel consumption and the ETA?

Yes

No

astolfi    28
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No

Could I ask why?

I think that it's the most simple function. The HISTORY function loads the winds data from previous flight. So it's simple to save the winds data and load them on the following flight. No?

Frank Docter    3777

First you have to have a previous flight. Second, with a possible wind uplink, which we are considering, this function is not used IRL. 

Third, if I am not mistaken out RW Thales counterpart does not have this function. 

• Upvote 2

astolfi    28
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

First you have to have a previous flight. Second, with a possible wind uplink, which we are considering, this function is not used IRL. 

Third, if I am not mistaken out RW Thales counterpart does not have this function. 

Clear as day.

Thanks

ColH    72
5 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Systems became more complex, but newer techniques also make them lighter on the system. The VC is also a true step ahead of the A320s VC which should give a lighter performance impact.

All in all the framerate should be very similar to the A320.

Thank you very much for the reply. Looking forward to the new aircraft. Regards.

B777ER    1

As I don't have time to read through 134 pages I will ask here and apologize if it's already been asked. Two things  I would like to see, Option to import wind aloft data from AS16 (long A330 type of flying needs good wind aloft data to calculate predicted fuel burn) and fully able to interface with fsuipc. I run all my hardware through fsuipc to include a separate tiller. Would love for this to work with all of that.

Tom A320    2916

You don't need to read all 135 page, just scroll the page up a little bit ;) 

(and there is also a quite useful search box in the top right corner of this page)

Regarding your tiller: the Airbus uses the engine 3 throttle axis for the tiller. As long as you can get your tiller mapped to that axis, it should work just fine.

• Upvote 2

BenjiFR    0
On 06/02/2017 at 7:24 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Unfortunately I have now seen rather often that the weather tools show weather on their own systems that simply is not visible or affecting flight in the sim.

Please can you explain ? I didn't completely undertand ^^

Thanks.

Tom A320    2916
18 minutes ago, BenjiFR said:

Please can you explain ? I didn't completely undertand ^^

There are weather add-ons that come with their own map tool to show you their weather on. From experience what you see on those maps is not always the same what you see or the plane experiences in the sim.

Budlake    10
On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 2:02 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

The paper and telephone will be shown semi randomly when the workload it small (so only in cruise phase and flying fixed altitude.

The coffee is a bit more complex and will come with sounds effects, door chime, you'll see the FA standing behind the cockpit door on the camera etc. On these long flights we need to keep you busy! You will NOT see the FA entering the cockpit though. That would be weeks of work instead of the few loose hours this all costs.

Will the coffee come complete with ripples? :-)

• Upvote 1

astolfi    28
15 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

You don't need to read all 135 page, just scroll the page up a little bit ;) 

(and there is also a quite useful search box in the top right corner of this page)

Regarding your tiller: the Airbus uses the engine 3 throttle axis for the tiller. As long as you can get your tiller mapped to that axis, it should work just fine.

My opinion is that the improvement could be made for the post of the preview and also for those of the project information.

For example, all the screeshot posted by Stefan, and also those of Mathijs (the FMGS features for example that is 6 pages behind) are scattered through the 135 pages. And it's hard to find them. For me, this kind of post are the most important and they are just the most concerning the thread.

Maybe it's enough to insert an list of links to them on the first post of the thread.