Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

Frank Docter    3795
36 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

Because some people might not like it and would rather turn it off. I'm sorry, but to me this looks rather silly and does not look real whatsoever. 

Ofcourse it will be an option. ;)

I am still waiting for Mathijs to implement my flightkit, which you can see in the EFB thread, to be present during the take off roll. 

• Upvote 3

RyanSCut    1

you probably won't say or don't know, but any idea on release i'm just looking for a big figure as i really want this but also want the new 747 but don't want to buy the 747 and then this beauty comes out. so just a estimate please. the first half of 2017 or second half? cheers :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Griffin78    102
6 hours ago, RyanSCut said:

you probably won't say or don't know, but any idea on release i'm just looking for a big figure as i really want this but also want the new 747 but don't want to buy the 747 and
then this beauty comes out. so just a estimate please. the first half of 2017 or second half? cheers :)

Er!k    198

I once met a pilot who has reading a huge book on his tray table. First I thought it was a manual. But he said he was doing a law study next to his job :)

Emanuel Hagen    4086
55 minutes ago, Er!k said:

I once met a pilot who has reading a huge book on his tray table. First I thought it was a manual. But he said he was doing a law study next to his job :)

In the best case they already read the manuals during the Type Rating and know their stuff when they take place in the flight deck with passengers on board the first time. ;)

Unless they have a Simcheck coming up in the next two weeks that is.

• Upvote 1

Irizar    4
26 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If you feel anything major is missing or have any other comments, let us know! This is the time to have influence. In a few weeks it will be too late.

So, how about printed checklist to all bus family? I know there was topic about, maybe it's good time to make it real? It would be nice to have laminated checklist specified to every bus. Specially cause there is no real equal to sim - IMO.

Pilot Aslan    3

Hello,

If i am wrong someone can tell me. I believe Bus testers already using Aerosoft Airbus A330. If it's right, Ecam, Nd and Pfd screens are clickable? Like when you click on them are they zooming? And If documentation .pfd files are ready please share with all of us so we may get ready until you guys release the bus... Ohh and we been waiting enough... So let it go :) Thanks.

phlpeo    75
6 minutes ago, Sophisticated said:

Hello,

If i am wrong someone can tell me. I believe Bus testers already using Aerosoft Airbus A330. If it's right, Ecam, Nd and Pfd screens are clickable? Like when you click on them are they zooming? And If documentation .pfd files are ready please share with all of us so we may get ready until you guys release the bus... Ohh and we been waiting enough... So let it go :) Thanks.

the alpha phase hasn't begun really so the only thing that was tested was the A318 RE which has the same software as the A330 just to test on different system configurations.

Pilot Aslan    3
12 minutes ago, phlpeo said:

the alpha phase hasn't begun really so the only thing that was tested was the A318 RE which has the same software as the A330 just to test on different system configurations.

Ok thanks my friend.

Eduard Gasull    142
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

After long discussions we decided on a complete feature list for the FMGS
Do compare this with competition....

Aerosoft FMGS features:

• Navigraph/NavDataPro support;
  • Flight Plan construction using procedures like SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches;
  • Company routes, primary and alternate;
  • Complete Vertical Profile, including constraint management, managed climb and descent etc;
  • Complete Lateral Navigation modes;
  • All flight phases: Preflight, Takeoff, Climb, Cruise, Descend, Approach, Go-Around and Done;
  • Primary, TMPY, SEC, ALTN and SEC ALTN flight plans;
  • AIRWAYS management;
  • HOLD patterns;
  • DIR TO, DIR TO Radial In/Out and Abeam;
  •  Direct waypoints PD, PBD, PBPB, LatLon;Pseudo points: T/C, T/D, SpeedLim, DECEL, S/C, S/D, Level Off, ETP and more;
  • Navaids automatic and manual tuning;
  •  Accurate predictions and performance calculations: fuel/time/ALT, managed/selected/presel speed/mach;FIX INFO;
  • OFFSET path;
  • Equitime point calculation, and a time marker;
  • WINDS aloft;
  • STEP ALTS;
  • Constant Mach cruise segments;
  • Required Time of Arrival, Estimated Time of Takeoff;
  • DUAL MCDU, working independently from each other;
  • MCDU web interface;

If you feel anything major is missing or have any other comments, let us know! This is the time to have influence. In a few weeks it will be too late.

o button to call burger king or something like that inside the cockpit, with paypal integrated XD would be amazing!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Dudley    351
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

:lol:If you had any competition, we would.

• Upvote 2

sk5645    46

Amazing Stefan! Really can't wait for this one anymore :D maybe i should take a stock of sleeping pills and maybe when i wake up it's released then(if i ever wake up again :ph34r:)

Dudley    351

It's a fantastic piece of work, I like the 3 picture particularly. I hope Aerosoft are paying you by the rivet.

• Upvote 3

Griffin78    102
3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Aerosoft FMGS features:

• STEP ALTS;

Will this be manually initialized climb change of set alt on the FCP or will it be PMDG 777 type of Full auto step climb?  It was asked a couple of times in November but I don't think there was any definitive answer to it?

I also want to say thanks for your update and Stefan's update. :D

@sk5645 You could always try this if the pills doesn't work. :banghead1_s:;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Frank Docter    3795
13 minutes ago, Griffin78 said:

Will this be manually initialized climb change of set alt on the FCP or will it be PMDG 777 type of Full auto step climb?

No, the RW airbus does not have this feature. Although we see the practical use of it, it is not planned. 

Ps, you could ofcouse make constraints and use the CLB mode for that...

layth23    47
3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Aerosoft FMGS features:

• Navigraph/NavDataPro support;
  • Flight Plan construction using procedures like SIDs, STARs, transitions, approaches;
  • Company routes, primary and alternate;
  • Complete Vertical Profile, including constraint management, managed climb and descent etc;
  • Complete Lateral Navigation modes;
  • All flight phases: Preflight, Takeoff, Climb, Cruise, Descend, Approach, Go-Around and Done;
  • Primary, TMPY, SEC, ALTN and SEC ALTN flight plans;
  • AIRWAYS management;
  • HOLD patterns;
  • DIR TO, DIR TO Radial In/Out and Abeam;
  •  Direct waypoints PD, PBD, PBPB, LatLon;Pseudo points: T/C, T/D, SpeedLim, DECEL, S/C, S/D, Level Off, ETP and more;
  • Navaids automatic and manual tuning;
  •  Accurate predictions and performance calculations: fuel/time/ALT, managed/selected/presel speed/mach;FIX INFO;
  • OFFSET path;
  • Equitime point calculation, and a time marker;
  • WINDS aloft;
  • STEP ALTS;
  • Constant Mach cruise segments;
  • Required Time of Arrival, Estimated Time of Takeoff;
  • DUAL MCDU, working independently from each other;
  • MCDU web interface;

Will there be an option to change the default Thrust red/Accel and Engine out Alts?

Daviation    0

Hello Aerosoft Team,

Two ideas Regarding the impressive feature list of the MCDU if they are not already included:

- "derated climb" option (D1 D2)

- "pilots routes" page  to check longer routes more quickly.

Thanks for setting up a nice plane like this.

David