Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

On 2/1/2017 at 1:02 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

Mathijs is right here.

Technically, you don't run a 32 bit simulator on a 64 bit OS. You run a 32 bit simulator on a subsystem called WoW64 ("Windows on Windows 64") which is pretty much a virtual machine to run 32-bit applications.

As for a 64-bit simulator, you would not be able to use any 32-bit module DLLs or gauges, only newly created 64-bit ones. Both run within the simulator process and have to use the same "bit width" as the simulator itself. Even a compatibility layer isn't possible here. The only option would be a system where gauges and module DLLs run outside the sim process.

Yeah.

In theory it'd be possible to have 64-bit stubs within the sim, and then another, separate process that wraps the 32-bit DLLs and executables and communicate between the two with IPC, but it's a ton of trouble and probably not worth it.

Lotus3xiG3    89
vor 7 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

1.png

But then you nedd to add following to the" before takeoff checklist":

- "coffee?"

- "checked, warm and fresh!"

- "Candy Crush Saga?"

- "level completed, new highscore: 1026!"

- "checked, 1026!"

"Before takeoff checklist complete!"

Guess the features shown above will be available for the A318-A321 then also, hmmm?

• Upvote 3

Mathijs Kok    22721
19 minutes ago, CRJ900 said:

Will you be able to turn these food/newspaper options off?

Why would you? Why should we?

3 minutes ago, Lotus3xiG3 said:

Guess the features shown above will be available for the A318-A321 then also, hmmm?

Yes this is all part of our 'core' airbus development intended for all 5 versions.

• Upvote 4

Lotus3xiG3    89
vor 1 minute, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes this is all part of our 'core' airbus development intended for all 5 versions.

Good to hear ;) , thanks!

GZ07    18
3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Here is how it looks in the sim. Told you it looked better in 'real life'

[...]

Will we also have the option of a "white" coffee? :P

It's Thursday! That means it's nearly Friday along with a Friday update!

It's certainly looking like the modelling is nearing completion, what will be coming after the model is completed? Will it be texturing of the aircraft or will the systems be worked on? I can see from the screenshots that at least a few of the systems have been implemented, but the PFD/ND knobs are in a vertical position whereas the ECAM ones are functioning.

Luisca    9

With these new features we can have one off the best airplanes in flight simulation. Bit it will be great to see the rain droops in the window off the cockpit, that would be great!!!!

GZ07    18
38 minutes ago, Luisca said:

With these new features we can have one off the best airplanes in flight simulation. Bit it will be great to see the rain droops in the window off the cockpit, that would be great!!!!

Raindrops on the windshield is also something that I think every flight-simmer would love to see, such as in ETS2. However I don't think that it would be suited to current flight simulators presumably due to performance issues

• Upvote 1

Frank Docter    3795
1 hour ago, mikewhiskey said:

Btw, with this topic approaching page 130 at lightning speed can we perhaps get a fresh one, just to make things a little more overseeable?

We could ask a certain mod again to delete the whole thread......

Mathijs Kok    22721
21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This request is only logical now that we will have wingflex... ;)

Heresy! Aircraft do not flap wings to take-off.

• Upvote 1

Mathijs Kok    22721
1 hour ago, Andrew B said:

Raindrops on the windshield is also something that I think every flight-simmer would love to see, such as in ETS2. However I don't think that it would be suited to current flight simulators presumably due to performance issues

Yes, believe me, we poured a lot of effort in that. But to make it look good you got to do stuff that cuts you FPS in half. Transparencies and FS/P3D have never gone well together.  There are so many things we could do if that was solved correctly. Almost as much as having XP-style lights (so a light source that actually emits light, making all night textures obsolete).

JoeC    15
15 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, believe me, we poured a lot of effort in that. But to make it look good you got to do stuff that cuts you FPS in half. Transparencies and FS/P3D have never gone well together.  There are so many things we could do if that was solved correctly. Almost as much as having XP-style lights (so a light source that actually emits light, making all night textures obsolete).

Sorry if this has been asked before, but would a x64 bit version have the performance to have raindrops

Mathijs Kok    22721
5 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but would a x64 bit version have the performance to have raindrops

We just do not have a 64 bit clone at this moment, so we just don't know. However it has more to do with the way the engine handles it than with the amount of bits. FS2004 did it horribly, FSX a bit better, FSX;STEAM even better and P3d V3 is the best. So there is progress. But we need a step, not an increment.

JoeC    15
Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

We just do not have a 64 bit clone at this moment, so we just don't know. However it has more to do with the way the engine handles it than with the amount of bits. FS2004 did it horribly, FSX a bit better, FSX;STEAM even better and P3d V3 is the best. So there is progress. But we need a step, not an increment.

Ok thanks. I mean I'm not massively fussed about raindrops. However wipers seem a bit redundant at the minute.

DaveCT2003    798
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

We could ask a certain mod again to delete the whole thread......

Here we go again.  :)

• Upvote 2

Tom A320    2929
2 hours ago, mikewhiskey said:

Btw, with this topic approaching page 130 at lightning speed can we perhaps get a fresh one, just to make things a little more overseeable?

Out of pure curiosity: what would be the benefit of that?

If you click on a post in the "unread content" list, you will jump automatically to the end of the topic (to the most recent content).

If you open the topic via the topic list of the preview forum you have the ">>" button to jump right to the end of the topic (to the most recent content).

This is the same, regardless if there would be 2 or 130 pages in front of the last page.

I really don't see any advantage in that. Actually it would have disadvantages for all those users who never use the forum search to find what they are looking for, because they would then have to know that there are two topics and scan them both.

• Upvote 3

DaveCT2003    798

It's a Preview thread - and I for one think that having such a thread is a tremendous benefit to the flight sim community!  One can go through and track the development (yeah, okay, not the first year.... lol).

Now in fairness, I did formally suggest a few alternate A330 threads, but there's probably a technical reason for that.  For now, this is what we have and I think it works pretty well - AND there are a lot of us who have had the opportunity to get to know each other right here in this thread!  Anything that brings us together and strengthen our community is a good thing!

• Upvote 3