Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

sk5645    46
1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yep you win! Contact me when the A330 is launched to get a free copy.

oh man! thank you so much! can't wait! :wub: i'm so happy now!

Tom123321    0

Alright, I am very curious when the release date from the Aerosoft Airbus 330 is. Probally none can tell me but can we expect it in a few weeks or either months? 

Incidentally, I have a period back also sent a mail to Aerosoft if I may be beta tester of the Aerosoft Airbus 330 and provide from good feedback but I'd like to know how things stand. Can we soon expect her? 

Tom A320    2929

Please read just a fee posts back, starting from the post in which Mathijs told about an upcoming first alpha version. 

Tom123321    0
11 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Please read just a fee posts back, starting from the post in which Mathijs told about an upcoming first alpha version. 

I have no idea where he starts talking about the alpha version. Even I can look back, I am totally new to this forum and it probally takes ages to find his post. Anyhow, if you say Alpha test than sure.

sk5645    46

looks great Mathijs :) but do we have the option to take tea instead of coffee? i don't drink coffee:rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

Dudley    351

Can we have the Telegraph open at the crossword page too.   I suspect quite a lot of crosswords are completed on long haul.

• Upvote 1

Frank Docter    3795
5 minutes ago, Holgi said:

@Mathijs Kok ... oh no, please do not destroy the performance ...

No worries, before we hit the FSL norm it will be another 180k poly more. That is like 89 newpapers, 50 cups of tea/coffee and 8 raincoats. ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

sk5645    46
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

No worries, before we hit the FSL norm it will be another 180k poly more. That is like 89 newpapers, 50 cups of tea/coffee and 8 raincoats. ;)

great, then can we have some sandwiches and maybe a hot meal?

Irizar    4

As Mathijs says about 64bit simulator is round the corner, we probably don't need to worry about performance of such a beauti bird.
The question is how far is "round the corner" ;) Not sure if there was awnser - how that coffee and newspaper will appear?

Greets!

Mobcraft    3
On 02/02/2017 at 2:17 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Here is how it looks in the sim. Told you it looked better in 'real life'

[...]

While this looks completely amazing, there's still some work to be done.

For instance, I believe the MCDU should state that the plane is operating RR engines and not CFM's, but then again... I'm no expert.

Keep up the great work!

Mathijs Kok    22721
9 minutes ago, sk5645 said:

great, then can we have some sandwiches and maybe a hot meal?

The meal is something we are indeed looking at. 

And as Frank said, don't worry about performance. They are highly optimized and simple objects, not even a megabyte. 

• Upvote 2

Frank Docter    3795
3 minutes ago, Mobcraft said:

I believe the MCDU should state that the plane is operating RR engines and not CFM's, but then again

Not yet alpha. 

Griffin78    102
18 minutes ago, Irizar said:

As Mathijs says about 64bit simulator is round the corner, we probably don't need to worry about performance of such a beauti bird.
The question is how far is "round the corner" ;) Not sure if there was awnser - how that coffee and newspaper will appear?

Greets!

Well both yes and no. It is correct that a 64-bit software isn't memory restricted but that doesn't give devs like AS a "Carte blanche" to neglect performance and
memory usage since there will be other factors that will limit performances. On a plane of this size, it could easily end up in a resource usage runaway in
the same way the thermal runaways on the Boeing 787. Many smaller things might eventually join up to become a big thing and then you are screwed 64-bit or not.

• Upvote 1

Emanuel Hagen    4086
48 minutes ago, Mobcraft said:

While this looks completely amazing, there's still some work to be done.

For instance, I believe the MCDU should state that the plane is operating RR engines and not CFM's, but then again... I'm no expert.

Keep up the great work!

You should also for instance not stand on a runway with the engines running, but the bleeds off (not taking into account the position of the switch btw), no Nav database, the Batteries off, oh and probably the most obvious: At least the captains PFD and NDs being broken.

You get where this is going, right? The keyword is Alpha. Or maybe not even yet. ;)

• Upvote 1

Cargostorm    85
vor 1 hour , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Here is how it looks in the sim. Told you it looked better in 'real life'

Wow, looks amazing! Would be great to have the smartphone and cup of coffee also in the upcoming A318-321 update ;)