Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

julien_Blue    117
Vor 1 Stunde, matheus daltro sagte:

You from aerosoft should invest in widebody aircraft

Some people here really like to collect downvotes ...

Still wondering how one guy got a reputation of over -250 ._.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hedaew    1
vor 50 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

A migration tool might be kind of silly. It's like dragging FS98 projects into FSX. We seen the same with X-Plane. The moment they added dynamic lights all old scenery died. But yes, we still get the occasional request if we can release our Airbus for FS2004. The response is always the same, just tell us what 76% of the VC to delete sir. I know there are still a LOT of FS2004 pilots, but from a commerce point of view FS2004 died in 2011. Any FS2004 release was a gesture to friends and a way to keep old customers until they updated. Money was not made.

Seems that I was not clear about that:

What I tried to say is that I think that i will have a 64bit FlightSim with suitable addons this year . And that in parallel (probably on another PC) to my existing FSX and its addons !!

So some kind of smooth migration towards a new platform that will take some years.

At the moment I have not made up my mind which new platform it will be.

And any offer or assistance from any publisher helping me while smoothly migrating is welcome.

Griffin78    102
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So things are in a bit of flux and we are moving decisions forward, but at the same time we are making fine progress. Just today I seen something I might be able to show you soon that really made me enthusiastic.

Reminded me when we for the first time had the St Elmo's fire working for the first time in the A320. It's something that every pilot will tell you is as magical as the Northern Light. That's reallt what this project line is about,

not an emergency that happens once in 2,500.000 hours (like a dual engine failure) or something hat simple never happened in 2,5 million hours (like an APU fire) but exciting things that pilots night see once a month.

Although St Elmo's fire might cause a dual (or quad) engine failure if you are unlucky (British Airways Flight 9), although you shouldn't be flying your aircraft through a volcanic eruption in the first place.

However I do get (and agree with) your point.

Emanuel Hagen    4086
7 minutes ago, Griffin78 said:

Although St Elmo's fire might cause a dual (or quad) engine failure if you are unlucky (British Airways Flight 9), although you shouldn't be flying your aircraft through a volcanic eruption in the first place.

However I do get (and agree with) your point.

St Elmos fire does not only appear in ash clouds, it also appears near thunderstorms. In fact that is where it is typically observed.

• Upvote 2

Tom A320    2929
20 minutes ago, julien_Blue said:

Some people here really like to collect downvotes ...

Why do you credit him by quoting him again?

KDD    19
2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But serious, in the last weeks of 2016 we had a good look at the project in light of the new simulators expected in 2017 and based on the information we had we decided that 32 bits sims might die a lot faster then the slow transitions we seen before. Like how X-Plane 10 wiped out X-Plane 9 because it removed so much limitations. So while the A330 Alpha is very much 32 bit, the whole development is very much moved to a platform where we can use more resources as long as it does not affect FPS. Keep in mind that framerates are hardly affected by memory, you still need to show the same polygons. But it does give us the option to experiment with a lot of things.

Somehow I have the feeling that something is boiling/cooking and that there are some nice strict NDA's signed. But that would be an awesome thing as this would mean an extra boost for this hobby! :D

May I say that I really love the way how you are open to the customers and even though not all plannings go as planned it is still very clear to follow and understand. I am really anticipating the A330 and I am really surprised in the progress as of yet.

Awesome times are coming, really looking forward to it :D

• Upvote 3

Griffin78    102
54 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

St Elmos fire does not only appear in ash clouds, it also appears near thunderstorms. In fact that is where it is typically observed.

Yes I know. But Isn't it dangerous for the aircraft? I do know though that modern jetliners are designed and built to be able to withstand lightning strikes.

Tom A320    2929
4 minutes ago, Griffin78 said:

Yes I know. But Isn't it dangerous for the aircraft? I do know though that modern jetliners are designed and built to be able to withstand lightning strikes.

It's physics: like a car a plane is also a Faraday cage. Everything inside such a cage is absolutely save. Sensitive electronics are extra shielded anyway, so there is nothing to fear. Apollo 12 got hit twice by a flash a few seconds after clearing the tower and all electronics survived.

FactionOne    17

@Griffin78 St. Elmo's fire is basically harmless; it's air molecules in plasma state due to ionisation. It's most frequently seen where there is lots of static electricity (around thunderstorms), but in the case of BAW9, the ionisation was seen because of static electricity generated by the friction of ash particles in the airflow around the fuselage.

The St. Elmo's fire categorically DID NOT cause the engine failures. The engines failed because ash choked the intakes. The ash caused the St. Elmo's fire, and it separately but coincidentally caused the engine trouble.

Regards,

Rob.

• Upvote 1

Dudley    351
24 minutes ago, KDD said:

Somehow I have the feeling that something is boiling/cooking and that there are some nice strict NDA's signed. But that would be an awesome thing as this would mean an extra boost for this hobby! :D

I think I have spied some very veiled hints on this forum, and others - I don't doubt the truth is out there as they say.  It's one of those NDA's where you are not allowed to even disclose that there is an NDA.  

• Upvote 1

mach533x    28
10 hours ago, Dudley said:

I think I have spied some very veiled hints on this forum, and others - I don't doubt the truth is out there as they say.  It's one of those NDA's where you are not allowed to even disclose that there is an NDA.  

first rule of flight club is dont discuss fight club hahaha... 

anyway. im a boeing guy.. i work for boeing.. but man.. i want this a330 so bad. :D

gmoneyprs    185
15 minutes ago, mach533x said:

anyway. im a boeing guy.. i work for boeing.. but man.. i want this a330 so bad. :D

Agreed. In a rare instance where I sound like a typical impatient simmer, I have to confess that the FS world so badly needs a wide-body Airbus. I just recently bit on the widebody Boeing released by you-know-who and it's certainly cool, but man have we seen this so much of this aircraft. On top of the fact another developer released a great rendition about 2 years ago.

So yes, Aerosoft, the playing field is clear. And so much as I can tell, there's no one else (well there is but they're awful)...

Mathijs is right here.

Technically, you don't run a 32 bit simulator on a 64 bit OS. You run a 32 bit simulator on a subsystem called WoW64 ("Windows on Windows 64") which is pretty much a virtual machine to run 32-bit applications.

As for a 64-bit simulator, you would not be able to use any 32-bit module DLLs or gauges, only newly created 64-bit ones. Both run within the simulator process and have to use the same "bit width" as the simulator itself. Even a compatibility layer isn't possible here. The only option would be a system where gauges and module DLLs run outside the sim process.

• Upvote 3

Eduard Gasull    142
16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And you should invest in smaller typeset. And understand that the A330 actually IS a widebody class of airliner.

sometines i love the sense of humor of this guy XD

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Dudley    351
2 minutes ago, TheBusFlyer said:

How much time does it approximately take to go from alpha to beta?

There are no hard and fast rules.  Alpha generally means they stick together what they have got and probably test it in-house, it may or may not be feature-complete.  Then when they  think it is feature-complete, they  introduce it to a wider audience of Beta testers, who will try to break it. Then when they are  having problems breaking it anymore, They release it to the public, who really know how to break things properly.:o

tcummings56    10
On 1/31/2017 at 0:06 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes. One of them anyway!

But serious, in the last weeks of 2016 we had a good look at the project in light of the new simulators expected in 2017 and based on the information we had we decided that 32 bits sims might die a lot faster then the slow transitions we seen before. Like how X-Plane 10 wiped out X-Plane 9 because it removed so much limitations. So while the A330 Alpha is very much 32 bit, the whole development is very much moved to a platform where we can use more resources as long as it does not affect FPS. Keep in mind that framerates are hardly affected by memory, you still need to show the same polygons. But it does give us the option to experiment with a lot of things.

So things are in a bit of flux and we are moving decisions forward, but at the same time we are making fine progress. Just today I seen something I might be able to show you soon that really made me enthusiastic. Reminded me when we for the first time had the St Elmo's fire working for the first time in the A320. It's something that every pilot will tell you is as magical as the Northern Light. That's reallt what this project line is about, not an emergency that happens once in 2,500.000 hours (like a dual engine failure) or something hat simple never happened in 2,5 million hours (like an APU fire) but exciting things that pilots night see once a month.

Just respond when we ask for testers here. Right now I only need pilots.

I am a student "pilot", sign me up sir! :P

JoeC    15
47 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

These are renders, will look better in the sim, but I think you get the idea....

First one to name the app shown get a free copy of the A330.

[...]

Btw if the objects look too large, they are not, it's really a small tray (36 cm wide). If they get a food tray it does not even fit.

Wow these renders are really good,  I want to say the app is a METAR App