Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

thumbliner    204
On 1/4/2017 at 4:17 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

people who buy FS add-ons are normally pretty decent folks.

Well said. We have only 2 kinds of people. Those who buy. Those who don't. Nothing in between.

• Upvote 2

tada1096    0

just wondering has anything been said about optimizing performance to improve framerate on the 2017 busses?

eltechron    57
3 minutes ago, tada1096 said:

just wondering has anything been said about optimizing performance to improve framerate on the 2017 busses?

I don't believe there has been any discussion about this recently. Performance with the new Airbuses coming out next year will about the same as the current ones (I think)

DaveCT2003    795
2 hours ago, eltechron said:

Performance with the new Airbuses coming out next year will about the same as the current ones

Yes, I believe this will be the case as well, but it's really impossible for anyone to say until the aircraft has all the modules working and integrated, and is up flying.  This will be one of those wait and see, but again I think we can expect similar performance to the A320 series (I certainly don't believe it will be lower than that).

Best wishes!

Anders Bermann    501
3 hours ago, tada1096 said:

Aren't they already as 'performance friendly' as they can be?

eby chi    0

Hi the wonderful team at Aerosoft. Happy New Year from Brisbane Australia.

Looking forward to your A330.

And I know it will be a quality product just like your A320 series which I have had so joy and satisfaction flying. So realistic.

You made the right choice to develop the A330 for the flight sim community. While I appreciate the effort of other A330 vendors, I'm afraid their A330 are pathetic and a waste of money.

The A330 is one of the most successful airliners around today, and a lovely aircraft to fly in (as a passenger). It deserves a sound simulation like Aerosoft A320 and PMDG.

I patiently await the final release.

Hope your servers can cope with the rush when you finally release it.

Mathijs Kok    22716
5 hours ago, KingMusjo said:

Aren't they already as 'performance friendly' as they can be?

Yes, but technical progress is always going one so on some systems it might be faster (the systems where the WX caused a drop in FSP). But basically what resources we free with the new system will go into more system depth. So the development goal is to end up at the same VAS and FPS.

• Upvote 1

vin747    74

Regarding A330 sounds:

I asked the BSS group if they would do a sound pack for A330 and they said they would.. not aware if they have done a sound pack for AS 320 series, but I do have their sound pack on the JarDesign A332 and it's very immersive.. hopefully, we get the same treatment in this part of the world as well !

Dudley    350

Hi   The level of detail seems higher than the existing A320 series, am I correct.                                      

• Upvote 3

iccowan    66
1 hour ago, a320pilotyemenia said:

Great Progress! :) . Too bad Dragon Air doesn't have that livery anymore, :( it was my favorite.

Doesn't mean you can't still sim in it! ;)

• Upvote 1

John Glanville    808
3 hours ago, a320pilotyemenia said:

Great Progress! :) . Too bad Dragon Air doesn't have that livery anymore, :( it was my favorite.

It's not as if the entire fleet of A330's is going to be painted in the new livery anytime soon , the cost , the amount of time taken to ( re ) paint ( normally done during major maintenance checks ) and age of the airframe are factors too . recent photo's to be found on the net are still showing the " old " Dragonair livery . As the previous poster points out , what does it matter in the flight sim  , as soon as the ( real ) aircraft are repainted , paints will surely be found for the Aerosoft version .

eltechron    57
26 minutes ago, John Glanville said:

It's not as if the entire fleet of A330's is going to be painted in the new livery anytime soon , the cost , the amount of time taken to ( re ) paint ( normally done during major maintenance checks ) and age of the airframe are factors too . recent photo's to be found on the net are still showing the " old " Dragonair livery . As the previous poster points out , what does it matter in the flight sim  , as soon as the ( real ) aircraft are repainted , paints will surely be found for the Aerosoft version .

You could paint a 1950s era Qantas livery and fly to Singapore and back if you wanted to. Like you said, in flight simulator it doesn't matter.

John Glanville    808
3 hours ago, eltechron said:

You could paint a 1950s era Qantas livery and fly to Singapore and back if you wanted to. Like you said, in flight simulator it doesn't matter.

You obviously haven't seen any of my uploads here as I have painted several Busses with low construction numbers and others from airlines that do not exist anymore . The only thing I don't bother with are " fictional " paints , historical paints are not a problem , the difficult part is finding photo's of a good enough quality to do such a livery any justice .

• Upvote 2

Mathijs Kok    22716
18 hours ago, Dudley said:

Hi   The level of detail seems higher than the existing A320 series, am I correct.                                      

Yes, most definitely.

• Upvote 2