Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft Airbus 2018 editions preview

richcam427    132
7 hours ago, Ilya1998 said:

Well, I'm an aerospace engineering student myself and I don't think that we need a student discount. I just don't understand why I must have more privilege in buying the add-on than for example a retired pilot or even any other person.

I definitely agree that some products like PMDG 777 are not something I can easily buy without thinking, but let's propose such an idea to PMDG than.

Aerosoft products are already very reasonably priced for the amount of work that has been put in it, so I'm completely happy with their policy.

Or, you could be grateful that it's even being considered.

• Upvote 2

Longhaul444    1

Discounts, discounts, discounts.......... While we're at it can we throw in the A330 hard copy manuals with Airbus binders for free? :banghead1_s:  I'm happy Aerosoft has kept their products under $100.

eltechron    57
11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We really try to keep our own products reasonably priced but there are limits to what is possible. I can only say that the $100 price level is one we do not feel comfortable with. For sure there is a market for that, but not our market. So the A330 will have roughly the same price as the A320. We did look at differentiating prices for countries but it's very hard to do and even harder to prevent everybody using an SVN and getting the cheapest possible version.

What we might be ablt to do in 2017 is offer discounts for students. That's something we feel might be a great way to assist.

What would count as a student under a program like this?

Dudley    341
12 minutes ago, eltechron said:

What would count as a student under a program like this?

With  195 countries worldwide, and as many education systems,  I think this would be almost impossible to quantify. Not a place I would like to go:banghead1_s:

Mathijs Kok    22533

To add to that. Young people simming are incredibly important to use as the average age of our customers is about the same as mine. Go to any FS event and you see a whole bunch of old guys. We really need new people. FSX:STEAM brought a whole load of them, but the amount that actually buy add-ons is not very large.

• Upvote 2

eltechron    57
To add to that. Young people simming are incredibly important to use as the average age of our customers is about the same as mine. Go to any FS event and you see a whole bunch of old guys. We really need new people. FSX:STEAM brought a whole load of them, but the amount that actually buy add-ons is not very large.

I agree. Flight simulation will die if young people like me don't get involved.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

berty01    8
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Hey everyone

this is the first time I actually post something on the aerosoft forum. Although I am following the progress on the aerosoft A330 for a while now. I'm a big fan of the aerosoft A320 series. Which is a fantastic add-on. 

I am 18 years old now, student  and next year I'm gonna start my ATPL pilot training program. I can only agree with what @Mathijs Kok is saying. There is definitley a need for younger people. It's obvious, when you want to do the flightsiming in a "semi" professional way it costs a lot of money on several add-ons. From aircraft to scenery and weather. It costs loads of money. 

But I think there is definitley a public for it. because the way I started was like a kid, I got my FSX in 2008, and I still have it. What I'm trying to say is people and also younger people which are interested in flight simulators, will after a while buy the add-ons. Because without it FSX is an empty box. And then aerosofts products are definetley not to expensive. They are very good priced, and of fantastic quality. 

Good luck with the further development of the Aerosoft A330. I can't wait until it's finally released... 

greetings Bert. ( from Belgium ) 

• Upvote 2

FlyLikeAPro    5

Hey everyone,

I'm also a aerospace engineering student and I can completly assent to bert's view. I would highly  appreciate a discount for students and I can't understand how someone can say "we" don't need it. In my opinion a discount would also be a step against piracy, because people are willing to buy software if the prices are fair.

BTW: the A330 development looks allready awesome.

Cheers everyone!

• Upvote 2

richcam427    132

As an engineering and computer science student myself, all I have to say is...

You know you're poor when going to McDonald's is a special occasion.

Jasper2976    17

do we know a release date yet? I read a comment yesterday and it said February 30th, then me being an idiot, thought it was a real day, and finally looked at the calendar and remembered I am stupid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 19

eltechron    57
35 minutes ago, Jasper2976 said:

do we know a release date yet? I read a comment yesterday and it said February 30th, then me being an idiot, thought it was a real day, and finally looked at the calendar and remembered I am stupid.

Please don't ask about a release date! I'm sure Mathijs will let everyone know about a release date when the A330 is ready to be released.

Dudley    341
11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am one of those old guys,  no offence taken.  I have been more involved as I got older, I had more time and money to follow my interest. So maybe the young guys are old guys in waiting  If you want another under-represented group it would be women.   Though we do see quite a few on flightdecks in real life.

iccowan    66
5 hours ago, Jasper2976 said:

Feb. 30 is a way of saying nobody knows. 

About the student discount it will ultimately be up to Aerosoft but admit it, non students are going to buy the student version and use it illegally. I personally think a student discount would be great if it was an outrageous price but the Aerosoft prices are amazing in relation to the quality. 

• Upvote 1

gmoneyprs    184
5 minutes ago, iccowan said:

About the student discount it will ultimately be up to Aerosoft but admit it, non students are going to buy the student version and use it illegally.

Another large developing is also considering student discounts and their take is that if someone can validate a .edu email address, then that's that.

• Upvote 1

eltechron    57
Just now, gmoneyprs said:

Another large developing is also considering student discounts and their take is that if someone can validate a .edu email address, then that's that.

At my old school we used .net Google email addresses. Like others say, making sure a student is actually a student can be difficult due to different rules in different places.

Mathijs Kok    22533
5 hours ago, gmoneyprs said:

That would only work for (some) US students. 

• Upvote 1

Lotus3xiG3    89

This problem was what I was wondering about... Because if they were student pilots they should have something like a license or a paper from the flight academy! Normal students only have those "school IDs", which are different from school to school and, in my opinion, very easy to fake...

EDIT: In Germany we have an official "student pass" just like a passport. Those are only paper and some stamps, but it's the same everywhere! Just found my old one :D ... Oh man, how I looked back then! Now I have more muscles, I'm not so fat anymore and my hairs... Oh, wrong forum...

• Upvote 2

Lotus3xiG3    89
vor 14 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

As I said, if somebody wants to get 20% discount by spending time to photoshop a student ID, that we accept, he deserves the discount, lol.

Ok, you're right there!