Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

5569 posts in this topic

I'll probably get beaten by the dislike hammer now. 

But I'll ask it anyway.

Are you still going for a 2016 release?

1 hour ago, 19_Invictus_21 said:

I'll probably get beaten by the dislike hammer now. 

But I'll ask it anyway.

Are you still going for a 2016 release?

I think they would like to release by the end of the week, we have seen the updates about the progress, and I saw Mathijs talking about it on Youtube a little while ago.  It is a very complex product, more complex than I at first appreciated.  They probably don't have a firm date to give us, with any certainty.  It's ready when  it's ready. Nice to see it has been flying though.

vor 7 Minuten, Dudley sagte:

I think they would like to release by the end of the week, we have seen the updates about the progress, and I saw Mathijs talking about it on Youtube a little while ago.  It is a very complex product, more complex than I at first appreciated.  They probably don't have a firm date to give us, with any certainty.  It's ready when  it's ready. Nice to see it has been flying though.

I know that this really is a complex product. And I also understand that they won't tell us a date until they're 100% sure about it.

But the first post of this Topic says "Release expected 2016 (but hey, shit happens)". 

All I wanted to know is if shit happened, or if they're still going for 2016 :)

8 minutes ago, 19_Invictus_21 said:

I know that this really is a complex product. And I also understand that they won't tell us a date until they're 100% sure about it.

But the first post of this Topic says "Release expected 2016 (but hey, shit happens)". 

All I wanted to know is if shit happened, or if they're still going for 2016 :)

I think it has happened, I think they are also aware that there are other A330s being developed. For my money, you get good accuracy with Aerosoft, and a high level of immersion.  I love flying the A320, in fact I was just wondering where to take it now.  I need a 'suggest a flight' product.

31 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We also had to make a few special versions for professional use.

What it mean ????

For example advanced functions in the FMC like Constant Mach segments, Time Markers etc. but also redo the PFD in more modern code and higher resolution. 

Improved function also for Nav FIX (radiale, ect) and other like holding entry?

We always looked at this as a long term project where

I think that is mean to have now surprise in busses fleet in a future... :)

hhi great to see a few more previews...what would be cool to had in the v/c would be the individal TERR ON ND feature so one side you could have the weather and the terrian on the other................and also model the window shades would add more realism in the V/C in the cruise which in real life they use everyflight... 

vor 13 Minuten, John Koranteng sagte:

so may i please know when it it will be out.

John

Please don't downvote him.

It's his first Post. :lol:

And there is no fixed Release Date ;)

Btw this question has been asked nearly 100 times xD

lg

Julien

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes. 

But that's nothing more than a target. In an ideal world.........

How I wish you had stopped talking after writing 'Yes.' :lol:

40 minutes ago, julien_Blue said:

Please don't downvote him.

It's his first Post. :lol:

Our forum culture is our forum culture. We down vote even if someone gives us half a chance. Our way of saying 'Welcome' ;)

Vor 1 Stunde, John Koranteng sagte:

so may i please know when it it will be out.

John

So may I please know if you guys asking for a release date again and again and again are just stupid or do you think you're funny? Let me just say you're not.

Sorry, I just had to say this. Dumb people everywhere.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes. 

For example we 'lost' a full week because we needed to adapt the A320 to be able to sell via Dovetails on Steam. The fact it needs to run from the DLC folder caused issues that needed to be solved.

Will we see the A320 on Steam soon?  I have a couple of sceneries which I bought as DLC, but to be honest, I have found it easier to install from independent installers even though I have FSX-SE.  And of course my aircraft including the A320, are independent of Dovetail too.  I just hope that FS2016, when it arrives will continue to admit independent installers.

2 hours ago, Dean_johnston said:

hhi great to see a few more previews...what would be cool to had in the v/c would be the individal TERR ON ND feature so one side you could have the weather and the terrian on the other................and also model the window shades would add more realism in the V/C in the cruise which in real life they use everyflight... 

Actually that is not true, mainly light hitting you head on is a daily thing and I've seen more pilots wearing sunglasses because of that then actually using shaders. Why ? Beacause it's cooler that way ;)

On a more serious note, I can't say why, but from what've seen in real life, most pilots have sunglasses and leaves the shaders to does who did not come prepared.
Yes, that last part was a joke :)

Cheers

Guys, can someone say me if this aircraft will be launched with the Fuel Planner, like A320? This tool is very precise and accurate! I read in somewhere this tool is a non-aerosoft mod, but come with the A320 installation, this is true? 

Sry for my english

18 minutes ago, blackbird971 said:

Actually that is not true, mainly light hitting you head on is a daily thing and I've seen more pilots wearing sunglasses because of that then actually using shaders. Why ? Beacause it's cooler that way ;)

On a more serious note, I can't say why, but from what've seen in real life, most pilots have sunglasses and leaves the shaders to does who did not come prepared.
Yes, that last part was a joke :)

Cheers

indeed but its a nice feature to have for the ND and the shaders not just the front but the shaders at the side windows too.. :) 

vor 16 Minuten, Hiagox sagte:

Guys, can someone say me if this aircraft will be launched with the Fuel Planner, like A320? This tool is very precise and accurate! I read in somewhere this tool is a non-aerosoft mod, but come with the A320 installation, this is true? 

Sry for my english

Jep it will be.

Every Feature of the A320 will be included in the A330.

lg

Julien

2 hours ago, julien_Blue said:

Jep it will be.

Every Feature of the A320 will be included in the A330.

lg

Julien

So Company route editor will be included! Oooh jesus! How not love this aircraft? :wub:

My goal is to get to a solid product, sellable at a sub $50 price that is better than any other A330 (okay, that's not too hard, lol). If that is 2016, great, if it is 2017, fine.

By all means, take your time! If your developers want to add in extra features, screw the expected release date and create a worthwhile product! I'd rather have an amazing A330 that is 6 months overdue than a terrible one released next week.

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sorry but for 90% of professional projects we are not allowed to share a lot of information. I know it sounds evasive but so are those contracts. However, if you are taking any aviation related course on a US university you got a good chance of using our Airbus in some stage. It's a major market for us. If you are a commercial pilot training on sims made by the bigger companies you will be almost surely land on airports that were supplied by us (and yes, they look better in FSX most of the time).

The professional market is important for us. Many scenery projects would never be done if it were not for the option to sell the files professionally. For aircraft this has been slower to start but our F-16, Twin Otter and airbusses are all used non commercially. The CRJ will be for sure the next as interest in that is high.

I can attest to Mathias' statement.  The professional flight simulators my airline rents for pilot/maintenance training has several Aerosoft Airports in the database.  Oh by the way, the simulator rental can be upwards to $5,000 USD per hour for two students.  $50 for a copy of the Airbus Bundle or the A330 is bargain in comparison for us Home Flight Simmers.     

Interesting. How does Aerosoft decide which airport will be modeled next? I always assumed it was a matter of how likely flight simmers are to buy it, or because one of your developers made it as a work of love, but maybe commercial demand is a factor as well.

Peter

Hello Peter,

this is the A330 Preview topic. If you have off-topic questions you are always welcome to ask them, but please open another topic for that. Thank you.

vor 8 Minuten, jd4pm sagte:

Can I put this in my Christmas wish list...:boingy_s:

Yes. Maybe in the one of 2016, for sure in that of 2017. (Santa Claus told me ;))

6 minutes ago, jd4pm said:

Can I put this in my Christmas wish list...:boingy_s: