Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

5432 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Basically exactly that. It will try to reach the desired altitude as fast as possible. It is, very basically said, a mode where the Airbus trades speed for altitude by itself, without pilot input, which can lead it pretty close to the designed flight envelope.

Thanks a lot for explaining, Emmanuel...

What was the idea behind the button? My thought was, that for instance in cases where the pilots would have to bring the plane down as fast as possible without the danger of over-stressing the airframe and possibly causing further damage, it could be used?

I can't imagine, that it would be used in normal descends, as the descend-rate, which would be triggered, would be uncomfortable for passengers and crew... 

But again, I'm just a desk-chair pilot - so what do I know... ;)

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, Speedbird ATC said:

Can I ask why so many people seem to literally worship this A330? I mean, I respect your choices! As an American the 1st amendment is dear to my heart. But...

I don't know either, but  last I heard is that it could be due to it being such an advanced and beautiful aircraft... You know, it's not just one of those common airplanes that anyone can develop like the  777, 737, or 747. Maybe it's because of that.  I don't know.. maybe it's just rumors.

(does that helps?) :D

2 hours ago, Johnny767 said:

last I heard is that it could be due to it being such an advanced and beautiful aircraft

The other distinction that I think is important to make is that every modern commercial airliner is a complete piece of crap... but only from the typical perspective of a poor soul flying in economy (lots of us). It's why the CRJ thread sometimes has people denigrating it so bad... because many of us have only had experience with a particular aircraft while crammed in the back of economy next to the head, seated in between two fat sweaty clowns that just ran across the entire terminal trying to catch their connection to Las Vegas. Cramped seating, awful food if you even get served, rude security and airline personnel (but that pale in comparison to the numbers of the rude, entitled, flying public), etc don't take away from the accomplishments of Boeing, Airbus, Embraer, et. al., having engineered a marvelous, tech-filled tube that jets us across the sky to anywhere in the world in hours, not days, weeks, months, or even years as was the case only a 150 years ago (while half of your family died of dysentery in the back of a covered wagon).

It is hard to separate that type of experience, which is mostly an interaction with the airline and not the manufacturer and its thousands of subcontractors. So sure, laymen would wonder why we'd want to simulate flying one of these machines when it's understandably hard to parse the magic of modern commercial aviation from a typical consumer's experience.

Update:

We went on the second date and there wasn't any of that "clicking." It felt weird, I don't think it's gonna go anywhere with her. <_<

On 17/07/2017 at 0:07 AM, Swissair171 said:

After all, it's not unheard of for a different variant to be released as an expansion pack (PMDG, for instance, released the 777-300ER as an expansion pack for the 777-200LR/F). If the A330-300 sells well, I fully expect that Aerosoft will, in time, release an expansion pack featuring different engines variants and the -200 series.

I'm sure in a previous post Mathijs mentioned 4 models, now I don't believe there are 4 variants of the 330-300, (I could easily be wrong) but if one makes the luxury assumption, that RR and GE for the 300 and 200, that is 4 models. 

In any event, with the Airbus''s coming in August and the 330 expected in 2017, It's an exciting time indeed :)

5 hours ago, Johnathan Matrixson said:

(I could easily be wrong)

Yes, you are. It will be 4 models/variants of an A333 RR. 

ohhhhhhh the wait!!!! what a torture. 

going by the quality of the aerosoft A320s, and the wait, plus Airbus company showing interest, I think we are going wowed by what is coming.

Aerosoft had better have their servers ready for the swarm of captains converging on their website when this beauty is finally released.

3 hours ago, Frank Docter said:

Yes, you are. It will be 4 models/variants of an A333 RR. 

Oh I see, Well I found what I was trying to quote From Mathijis on the 23rd may which contradicts that.

"To be clear, our product will include two engines types and at least 5 different models (mostly external differences). Because before we can start adding a second engine all the basic systems have to be completed it seems silly not to release what we will have at that time. So we'll release with one engine type and the additional models/engines will be added without any charge. We do not like the sales model where you have to buy additional parts of a product. It will be one product, one price, for all sims that we decided to release at that time.  Most likely that will be P3d V3, P3d V4, FSX:SP2 and FSX:Steam. If FSW is out of Early Access at that moment we will for sure consider that platform as well."

1 hour ago, Johnathan Matrixson said:

Oh I see, Well I found what I was trying to quote From Mathijis on the 23rd may which contradicts that.

I was talking about the first release. I do not contradict Mathijs's quote but that second engine and "atleast 5 models" will take an while imo. And I really do not see any talk about an A332 in Mathijs's post. 

1 hour ago, musicalaviator said:

What's with all the A320 stuff on the A330 thread? :P 

I think they have so much in common with the new code base, that a question about one gets an answer about the whole group, from A319 to A330.  It is the logical way to go given their similarities.

1 minute ago, Jeroen Doorman said:

I have a feeling it will be released next week, just like the CRJ

Hold that feeling.

it does look very good and a nice update. this does make Emi 2048px overhaul redundant which of course is also a very nice addition.

1 hour ago, generale84 said:

good job...hope in a august release...v4 actually is a land of Boeing...need a Bus!

Fingers crossed! We really need a 'bus' in Prepar3D V4. Especially now, since FSLabs seem to be taking their time :)

3 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for the friday update:

During that week the overhead panel and small fuse panel was overhauled fully. New labels with the original font and higher resoluted textures were introduced. Below are two pictures with the pure raw textures, which need of course to be shaded for final use.

[...] 

Nice work Stefan, any idea if the fbw systems of the a318-21 are getting slightly tweaked?