Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

4768 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Philip_sim said:

saw this image the other day, man the airbus cockpits get real dusty!

[...]

oreo cookie.... yummm

Can we expect the EFB to launch with the release, or has the decision been made to scrap it? 

Now I cannot look at the airbus gear handle and not see an oreo cookie. Thank you very much. 

I hope it will be released close to summer time, it would be a perfect time as a lot of people would be out of school. Meaning more time in this beauty of an aircraft :) 

4 hours ago, gear up and off said:

oreo cookie.... yummm

Your username is very inappropriate for a forum of a developer that mostly makes Airbus aircraft. Oh, can I share the Oreo?

We have no problems what so ever with that username.

26 minutes ago, Speedbird ATC said:

Your username is very inappropriate for a forum of a developer that mostly makes Airbus aircraft. Oh, can I share the Oreo?

I thought Aerosoft was a vendor of Boeing airplanes as well. Can we go buy a few packages of Oreos because I want some too.

19 hours ago, Dudley said:

Mostly dead skin, one of the pilots has bad dandruff, I don't think Aerosoft can simulate dandruff.

nah its dust. normal dust. and clothes lint. considering how many crews cycle a plane in a single week, not enough time for any specific contamination.

12 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a small friday update! Aft Cargo Bay is so far done. As i just recieved good photos for the bulkcargo section this gets a bit more attention at monday... The cargo door itself features also bump mapping, so with being in the sim later is will appear pretty plasticly. When stuff is alltogether done, i will post some images also with the night versions.

[...]

Looks like good progress is being made!

12 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Time for a small friday update! Aft Cargo Bay is so far done. As i just recieved good photos for the bulkcargo section this gets a bit more attention at monday... The cargo door itself features also bump mapping, so with being in the sim later is will appear pretty plasticly. When stuff is alltogether done, i will post some images also with the night versions.

[...]

I'm at work right now and LH779 (D-AIMM) is parked in front of me. I suddenly have the strongest of urges to hide in the gear bay, get to Frankfurt and then hitchhike to AS' office.

4 minutes ago, Yocarro said:

Hi Aerosoft, 

I just want to know if a "Self Test" will be displayed during cold and dark power up like in the real A320, A330 and A340. I've found a picture : 

I have also a video (look at 1:02) :

Regards :) 

Forgive me for asking, but ... isn't this already in the current Airbus?

Ohh if we could have a virtual cabin....like in the video you enter the aircraft and on the right side there is the beautiful Airbus cabin and on the left side the cockpit :wub:

11 hours ago, Patrick Helzer said:

Ohh if we could have a virtual cabin....like in the video you enter the aircraft and on the right side there is the beautiful Airbus cabin and on the left side the cockpit :wub:

Have you ever used one though? In the world of X-Plane, Virtual Cabins are considered standard, and yet not too many people I have found use them, with the exceptions of wingviews. In MSFS, a Virtual Cabin is very likely to be a huge FPS killer, and thus probably isn't worth it. I am sure it would be nice though, just not THAT nice...

100% agree. Wastes time and resources. Ive only gone back there to get a wing view thats it. 

The only thing I would rather like to have , is pushing back your own aircraft with a 3d view from within the pushback tractor. (xplane kinda has this) Perhaps in future, this would be a multiplayer function  where a ramp crew would push someones aircraft back. (yup I miss my ramp days)

@Mathijs KokI agree with you about the virtual cabin. But will there be a different set of sounds for the wing views? because what i find is not good in the current busses, is that there is the exterior sound played when having wing views enabled. also, will you add a bmp panel for the wing views so that it really looks like a window?

vor 2 Stunden , Speedbird ATC sagte:

Have you ever used one though?

Sure! For example in the Wilco A320, CLS A340-500/600 or in the classic PMDG 747. It just gives you a sense that the product is more "complete" and you can enjoy the aircraft from different perspectives.

vor 45 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

No virtual cabin. It costs a lot to make, eats VAS and while it is cool to check it out one time, who ever uses that? We build our aircraft with the focus on the captain's job, not that of the passengers, maintenance staff or anything else. 

Sorry for bringing up the virtual cabin discussion again but some time ago a young guy asked me why there is no virtual cabin when can you model 3 rows or so and copy them for the rest of the cabin with some exceptions of course. How would be your answer to this question Mathijs because I couldnt quite find one regarding the copy thing.