Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

5432 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, sk5645 said:

I can't imagine Aerosoft won't be involved. Let's hope it results in Airbus being a little less secretive about performance figures.

55 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I can't imagine Aerosoft won't be involved. Let's hope it results in Airbus being a little less secretive about performance figures.

And hopefully an A380!!

Now back to the A330 :)

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well we will be for sure affected, but I am not willing to give any further comment. What is clear however is that licenses are here to stay.

Well IIRC, didn't you once mention (I think it was sometime during the autumn) that you had a meeting with Airbus?
I realize though that you likely have a NDA and therefore aren't allowed/able to comment on anything regarding it.

Anyway it is nice to see that Airbus is committing themselves to flightsimming though.

After reading the news on Airbus.com I seriously can't believe that a flight sim product will have the "Airbus Officially Licensed" stamp on it.

vor 12 Minuten, Citation X sagte:

After reading the news on Airbus.com I seriously can't believe that a flight sim product will have the "Airbus Officially Licensed" stamp on it.

Is there any Flight Sim Addon on the market that has such a certificate except PMDG?

And what are the major differences?

Does it make that much sense for Aerosoft?

I'm sorry if these are stupid questions..

1 hour ago, Citation X said:

The AS Airbus Steam Edition has it already. 

IMG_3524.thumb.PNG.f929feb2af50efa3f6f26532e7cedb15.PNG

When talking about those "licenses" you should keep one thing in mind: as Frank already said, it got soemthing to do with protecting a brand.

When you sell a product (of whatever kind, even a game ) and do so in combination with another brand, the other company carefully looks at what you are doing with their brand. And to be on the safe side you need to enter a contract allowing you to use their brand, like using names (Airbus, A318, A319, A320, A321, all are protected), logos and/or something like "Officially licensed by...". Such a license does not necessarily include access to any kind of technical details and/or documentation, simply because some companies are not willing to "publish" those things this way.

I'm nearly sure that PMDG got such a kind of license and Boeing handles this different then other companies.

I do not know whether other publishers of such addons are licensed or not. But as I'm doing business with another part of the Airbus Group, I know for sure that Airbus Group is carefully looking at what others are doing with Airbus brands.

8 hours ago, qqwertzde said:

License fees are one factor that PMDG sometimes mentions why their planes are so expensive, especially for P3D. Does this new development mean that Aerosoft Airbuses will become more expensive as well? And are there any tangible benefits from being officially licensed, such as access to AOMs or support when modelling a plane, or access to a professional training market?

Just as VAT it is a cost that we will put on top of the sales price. But is not a serious amount. Don't worry.

Keep in mind you are paying that already for many many of our current products. 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Just as VAT it is a cost that we will put on top of the sales price. But is not a serious amount. Don't worry.

Does it confer any advantage on the holder, like insider performance figures? Or access to drawings or anything like that - or maybe someone from Airbus confirms it is an accurate model. I just worry that it is a further obstacle in the path of developers modelling Airbuses, as it seems to be far easier to model Boeings for instance, as there is more accessible information.  With the A330 Aerosoft have had to go out find information for themselves.

2 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Does it confer any advantage on the holder, like insider performance figures? Or access to drawings or anything like that - or maybe someone from Airbus confirms it is an accurate model.

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well we will be for sure affected, but I am not willing to give any further comment.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Thanks for your response Mathijs,

I was forgetting about all the investments you guys are making when developing airport sceneries, for instance. It is good to know that these license fees are not too high.

Peter

Das Airbus sich plötzlich für Sim Entwickler interessiert, ein Schelm wer Böses dabei denkt. ;)

2 minutes ago, AndreasXX said:

Das Airbus sich plötzlich für Sim Entwickler interessiert, ein Schelm wer Böses dabei denkt. ;)

English please.

vor 1 hour , AndreasXX sagte:

Well, well, if certain developers simply replace all Airbus logos on the model with their own one and then claim it would legally not be an Airbus............ but still call it an A320.

53 minutes ago, AirbusCG said:

but still call it an A320.

They are still not allowed to call it A320 as this is also a protected brand ;)

But now enough discussion about this special kind of "license".

I tought Aerosoft is already fully licensed to produce simulation model of the Airbus A320 and A330 family ? 

P.S. Sorry for the off-topic i am just really confused with all this licensing stuff... Cant wait for the A330 !

Can we please keep this license stuff out from the A330 preview topic?

On 25/04/2017 at 5:19 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We looked at this several times and even have been on an airport to make our own photo's. What your images show is NOT the same flap setting.

I think it's possible that it is the same setting, the difference in appearance at first sight could be an illusion: 

Notice that the real world pic has a larger zoom than the sim screenie, which makes the flap seem closer, larger and more extended. Also, the shadow of the wing surface over the flap isn't simulated by FS (yet) making the space between them seem flat and like one continuous surface. 

If the poster could take a new screenie showing the same amount of zoom as in the real world photo I think that the flap extension would look similar minus the shadow effect. 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:08 PM, Kihew said:

I think it's possible that it is the same setting, the difference in appearance at first sight could be an illusion: 

Notice that the real world pic has a larger zoom than the sim screenie, which makes the flap seem closer, larger and more extended. Also, the shadow of the wing surface over the flap isn't simulated by FS (yet) making the space between them seem flat and like one continuous surface. 

If the poster could take a new screenie showing the same amount of zoom as in the real world photo I think that the flap extension would look similar minus the shadow effect. 

The original post tried to compare a mistaken impression of the A320 with the A330. The original post is irrelevant (as also indicated by the current -10 reputation and Mathijs' comment you quoted), so please let's not comment further on it.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:51 AM, swaor said:

The blue background is normal. It's even in the real Airbusses, if I am not completely wrong. 

That wasn't the nature of what I wrote.  At all. The background changes color. the actual text remains maxed at a very dim brightness. I shall attempt to explain it for a 3rd time, second time in this very post.

The LCDs have 2 items to them. The data brightness (text) and background. Both can go fully dark. But when you begin to crank up the dial, the data brightness maxes out at what I consider to be ambient level. You can still turn the dial to increase it but it has no effect. Instead only the background changes color, but it too doesn't become brighter.

No need to explain a third time. The people at AS get it. I will see what the A330 current does in this regard. 

Can you post some pictures from inside the cockpit with all systems running please?