Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

4512 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Undecided.

A follow up question, is there anything (anything that doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with EFB) previously untold about your A330 that you can tell us?
Perhaps some "Interesting" bugs that you can talk about?

11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, actually not about the A330 but is is related.

As you might know our Busses are now also for sale via STEAM (http://store.steampowered.com/app/556212/) and they are doing very well there. But getting them ready for that release was utter and total hell. See Dovetails uses a different structure for add-ons that separates the sim from the add-ons (a VERY good idea). We thought we could provide that in a few hours but in the end we spend 8 weeks getting it done (okay that includes Christmas etc). It was incredibly difficult to find all the links in the code that were location specific. And unfortunately that delayed the A330 seriously.

But it did show to the dev team that deciding to redo a lot of the code to new standards was the right decision. From a jungle of code we are going to a new layout where things are way more formalized. That will serve us so well in the future where Lockheed Martin P3d V4 and Dovetails Flight Sim World await us. It was a hard call to make, throwing out so much, but this Steam disaster showed us it was correct.

Sales on Steam are fine btw, so even though it costs us a lot, it will pay off. I fully understand steam users. Click, buy and after a few minutes it is all installed and updated. 

So we can put a name to Dovetail's 64bit FS, 'Dovetails Flight Sim World' - I thought it might be that given their new Train Sim title.  

I bought X-Plane on Steam, as it updates automatically ( and there are some updates to come ) - it is the platform's best feature in my opinion.  Updating P3D is a bit of a nuisance,  and they do like to update.   

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well, actually not about the A330 but is is related.

Thanks for the update Mathijs. :)

What will we have to anticipate when the AS A330 is finally released - these forums will be noticeably lighter and the moderators will have an opportunity for a well earned rest!

steve s

12 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

What will we have to anticipate when the AS A330 is finally released - these forums will be noticeably lighter and the moderators will have an opportunity for a well earned rest!

steve s

There is the mystery airliner, and of course the A31X/A32X updates.  And 64bit FSs will be released and people will be clamouring for updates to those platforms.  I bet Mathijs doesn't sleep nights.

vor 41 Minuten, Dudley sagte:

[...]  I bet Mathijs doesn't sleep nights.

:lol: Poor Mathijs 

Congrats on the Steam release AS team and keep the good work.

Cheers

vor 7 Stunden , Dudley sagte:

There is the mystery airliner, and of course the A31X/A32X updates.  And 64bit FSs will be released and people will be clamouring for updates to those platforms.  I bet Mathijs doesn't sleep nights.

I wonder why this mystery airliner is still a mystery airliner, since Aerosoft's policy is pretty open in this regard. :P 

1 hour ago, CRJ900 said:

I wonder why this mystery airliner is still a mystery airliner, since Aerosoft's policy is pretty open in this regard. :P 

I suspect it involves a third party.

9 hours ago, swaor said:

:lol: Poor Mathijs 

That's when the beer comes in handy.

7 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

Wait, is the mystery airliners development being announced this year or is a mystery airliner getting released this year.

And with that last post we are full circle again. Any further non A330 preview posts can be made in the chit chat section of the AS forums. 

Thanks

13 hours ago, CRJ900 said:

No contract yet.

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No contract yet.

If my further conjectures are correct, then it is very exciting. More exciting than the A330 even.

This is amazing. Developing an aircraft requires a tremendous amount of time and effort, all I can say is Thank you aerosoft, I mean it. ^_^ XD 

That's great, I am looking forward to seeing the door animations.  
We won't reprimand you for opening the doors on the runway ;)

Absolutely wonderful Stefan! The lightning looks so nice, she's really starting to look the part now

Amazing...

(As always. Kinda getting tired of repeating myself...) :D