Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

4188 posts in this topic

So is there a chance for an Airbus Series Vol.2 Book for those who want a proper introduction to this plane??

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pumped for this. This plane looks amazing! My logbook is gonna have a lot of DAL A330 flights. :D 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have an option in the right MCDU that allows the simmer to adjust the brightness of the aircraft during night times from almost a pitch black level for example for flights with no moon in the sky to a bight level for airport gate stays? I noticed that not only in the Aerosoft A320 but also in many other aircraft addons from other developers there is always a automatic decrease of realism of how the aircraft appears during night in contrast to daylight.

 

For example during night at 35.000 feet with no significant moonlight the aircraft just appears too bright from the exterior views like there are hundreds of thousands of litte white LEDs under the aluminum skin of the aircraft.

With a option like that the aircraft would make a much more realistic appearance during night.

 

Many would ask now "why dont you just darken the screen of your monitor?"....But that would also mean that I darken EVERYTHING like the cockpit and the night sky so that much less stars are recognizable.

 
 
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

which addon aircraft is this from.

csm_OANS_Airport_map_1_ca0b8edb2a.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mahe said:

which addon aircraft is this from.

[...]

 

I think it is from the real thing. It is on Airbus's web site. It is really nice, but I think it is an optional extra so to speak. I have considered what would be neccessary to implement something like this, and it is a lot of work, maybe Aerosoft would consider it as an option in the future.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mahe said:

which addon aircraft is this from.

[...]

 

FS Labs?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 1 minute, tomkellock92 sagte:

FS Labs?

 

 

Surely not, else it would use another GB of VAS.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mahe said:

which addon aircraft is this from.

 

None, to date there is no addon simulating the ground maps in this high detail other than Flight1's GTN 750 (which takes its data directly from Garmins GTN Trainer which is 99% the same as the real unit).

 

As far as I know QualityWings and PMDG are working on it for the 787 and 747-8 respectively, but I doubt that you could get the system simulated with the same detail as the real one.
I'm always open to surprises though, who knows what may come in the future! If a developer manages to license these ground charts it would be easy to implement, but those licensing cost are tremendous.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AirbusCG said:

 

Surely not, else it would use another GB of VAS.

Memory usage wouldn't be too bad. The major problem is coordinating the map with FS. Ironically, it is much easier in the real world as there is only one Heathrow for instance.  In FS I can think of at least 3 EGLL sceneries, on with others on different simulators.   It gets very complex.  Won't see this soon. It's not in FSLabs BTW.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Memory usage wouldn't be too bad. The major problem is coordinating the map with FS. Ironically, it is much easier in the real world as there is only one Heathrow for instance.  In FS I can think of at least 3 EGLL sceneries, on with others on different simulators.   It gets very complex.  Won't see this soon. It's not in FSLabs BTW.

 

 

Well... no. If all of these sceneries are correct all the taxiways would be in the same location. Of course as airports change all the time you would need to match the data date to the date of the add-on. Virtually impossible in my opinion. 

As Emi said the real problem is in the data. You would need vector charts and those are hard to license. And these license are always time bound, so even if they would come with ab aircraft, they would only be usable to a limited time. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Well... no. If all of these sceneries are correct all the taxiways would be in the same location. Of course as airports change all the time you would need to match the data date to the date of the add-on. Virtually impossible in my opinion. 

As Emi said the real problem is in the data. You would need vector charts and those are hard to license. And these license are always time bound, so even if they would come with ab aircraft, they would only be usable to a limited time. 

I envisaged using something like MakeRunways by Pete Dowson to read the scenery. Even if the scenery designers got everything spot on (unlikely),  some sceneries might  be 10 years old and based on previous taxiway alignments. I think it is a 'Don't go There!'. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I envisaged using something like MakeRunways by Pete Dowson to read the scenery. Even if the scenery designers got everything spot on (unlikely),  some sceneries might  be 10 years old and based on previous taxiway alignments. I think it is a 'Don't go There!'. 

 

If you take a look into the contents of AFCAD files, which we could of course read, you will see that they are a lot less detailled with most addon sceneries compared with what is shown in the real system.

You may get a temporary "looks ok" solution with it, but it will not look like the real system.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Well... no. If all of these sceneries are correct all the taxiways would be in the same location. Of course as airports change all the time you would need to match the data date to the date of the add-on. Virtually impossible in my opinion. 

As Emi said the real problem is in the data. You would need vector charts and those are hard to license. And these license are always time bound, so even if they would come with ab aircraft, they would only be usable to a limited time. 

 

Of course I understand this wont be in the A330, but maybe you should consider the OpenStreetMap-data for such a tool. Unfortunatly you will get a more or less actual version, which will maybe not match the used scenery.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aighes said:

 

Of course I understand this wont be in the A330, but maybe you should consider the OpenStreetMap-data for such a tool. Unfortunatly you will get a more or less actual version, which will maybe not match the used scenery.

 

Open Street Map is not accurate enough to provide the necessary data for the display and it does also not contain gate position and building positions.

Keep in mind this is not just a taxiway display, but can do a lot more.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

 

None, to date there is no addon simulating the ground maps in this high detail other than Flight1's GTN 750 (which takes its data directly from Garmins GTN Trainer which is 99% the same as the real unit).

 

As far as I know QualityWings and PMDG are working on it for the 787 and 747-8 respectively, but I doubt that you could get the system simulated with the same detail as the real one.
I'm always open to surprises though, who knows what may come in the future! If a developer manages to license these ground charts it would be easy to implement, but those licensing cost are tremendous.

Hi,

I also beleive that JARdesigns have implemented this into their rendition of the A330-200. I also think that the A333 will be the same (IRL). Why don't you look at that as a starter?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the previous page AS already stated that this will not be implemented. The topic was just brought up again, but that doesn't change the previous statement. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Trevor11350 said:

Hi,

I also beleive that JARdesigns have implemented this into their rendition of the A330-200. I also think that the A333 will be the same (IRL). Why don't you look at that as a starter?

 

Does it? All I can find is one picture in a review showing this:

 

http://xplanereviews.com/uploads/monthly_04_2015/post-2-0-32066200-1429156624.jpg

 

While it may be a nice compromise it does not represent the real system if you compare the picture with the one shown by others on the previous page.

If we can not make the system realistic we do not see the sense in doing it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed. that's just a top down view of the scenery and it will show exactly the same as you can see out of your window. What you need most of all is taxiways names, if that taxiways is south or north bound etc. The things a chart shows. Charts explain what you see, just showing what you see makes no sense what so ever in that aspect.

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is actually pretty easy to do, and while it wouldn't require all that much memory or processing to accomplish one has to look at the COLLECTIVE VAS usage and the COLLECTIVE processor load.  The more we add to the aircraft, the more the collective VAS and processor load goes up.  Now, MAYBE in 2 years or so when we have both a 64 bit platform and high end aircraft for that software, but now I would personally not recommend doing this.

 

Many commercial airlines are using external Electronic Flight Bags (EFBs) via tablets which include moving maps.  The point here is that the use of programs like the Aivilasoft EFB, FS Tramp and others is not unrealistic at all and they not only work extremely well they don't add to the VAS footprint!   The also don't consume all that much processing power, though the software can also be networked and run on a laptop should one choose.

 

I hope this helps.

 

Best wishes.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SOrry for asking so many questions, but will this be around the same price the A320/21 and A318/19? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now