Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft A330 preview

5149 posts in this topic

You have received some very esoteric suggestions, but there must be some limits.  You can print your load and nav sheets directly from SimBrief or similar, you can print from the Aerosoft fueling utility, but recall this.  There is additional functionality that might make a few happy, but most of us never use.  We all know, but maybe many don't that the Cost Index is required but on the Sim means nothing in practice.  I always input it, for no other reason than to remind myself that fuel savings are critical to airline viability.  Also one day aviation fuel is going to run out, but that is probably a moral lesson too far away.  Back to the point. Realism as far as it is affordable is what we seek, but do most of us really want to explore the huge depth of the MCDU and other systems, when real world pilots are drilled rigorously in simulators and unlike us, are full time.

2 hours ago, TwixXiZ said:

The Wheel Steering will be implemented in the A330 ? :huh:

It already is with the AS A320 series and will also be part of the AS A330 yes. 

Though aerosoft is late to release product but its products are always up to the mark complete and fun to fly unlike bbs who release incomplete busses and the keep on giving nonsence updates .You guys are doing a fantastic job .Keep your great work up.!!

3 minutes ago, mahe said:

Though aerosoft is late to release product [...]

What let you come to this conclusion? Development of the A330 started a year ago. How much time do you think a complex add-on takes to develop? 

29 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

What let you come to this conclusion? Development of the A330 started a year ago. How much time do you think a complex add-on takes to develop? 

As someone who has developed software, I think Aerosoft  are proceeding at a cracking pace.  I think many people imagine complex software can be written in hours. I blame films like Independence Day, where a virus to infect an alien computer takes a matter of hours (didn't fancy that job).

vor 1 minute, Tom A320 sagte:

Tom, please!!

I don't agree with mahe but what you are saying is just wrong and you know it. I remember that 2015 Matthijs even said, they are planning a 2015 release (that was in October). Unfortunately we can't see that anymore as the old thread got deleted.

1 hour ago, david.hilker said:

I don't agree with mahe but what you are saying is just wrong and you know it. I remember that 2015 Matthijs even said, they are planning a 2015 release (that was in October). 

A few month's more or less doesn't matter here, the meaning of my post still remain the same.

Every now and then users here in the forum mistake the presence of a preview topic with a "close to release" statement and if the project isn't released soon after derive a delay in project from that. Although everything is running super smooth and up to plan. Keep in mind that plans might also change from time to time when features are getting added or extended.

AS opened the A330 preview topic the very first day the development of the A330 started. Over the time this gives everybody following this topic the unique opportunity to get an idea of what it takes to develop an add-on like this.

3 hours ago, mahe said:

Though aerosoft is late to release product but its products are always up to the mark complete and fun to fly unlike bbs who release incomplete busses and the keep on giving nonsence updates .You guys are doing a fantastic job .Keep your great work up.!!

All I wanted to say is that even if we need to wait for your products its worth it as your products are perfect in every aspect.

With 64-bit on the horizon are you planning on adding further features to this product at a later date when the sim can handle it? for example systems and detailed cabins? I'd love to be able to see the crew rest area for when I go long haul and go to sleep in rl, I appreciate that you guys always have VAS usage in the back of your minds and enjoy flying your airbus series over the other major players as I simply have a better experience when my sim runs smoothly, I understand why certain items are limited and more obvious items are enhanced, makes total sense, just wondering what your plans are? and would you consider updating the current airbus series in similar ways?

kind regards,

Ryan

48 minutes ago, speako said:

With 64-bit on the horizon are you planning on adding further features to this product at a later date when the sim can handle it? for example systems and detailed cabins? I'd love to be able to see the crew rest area for when I go long haul and go to sleep in rl, I appreciate that you guys always have VAS usage in the back of your minds and enjoy flying your airbus series over the other major players as I simply have a better experience when my sim runs smoothly, I understand why certain items are limited and more obvious items are enhanced, makes total sense, just wondering what your plans are? and would you consider updating the current airbus series in similar ways?

kind regards,

Ryan

Perhabs read a few pages back Ryan and you might find some things you are really going to like.

46 minutes ago, speako said:

kind regards,

Ryan

We have no plans to add stuff that we feel has not a lot to do with actually flying the aircraft. While VAS might be available it still adds cost and still uses FPS. 

On 3/14/2017 at 11:15 AM, thumbliner said:

I think this is what he is asking for.

[...]

Not sure, but I think that's part of the A380 Cockpit, isn't it?

1 minute ago, Doughnut1621 said:

According to Airbus, it is available in A330s as well http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/news-events-single/detail/on-board-airport-navigation-system-oans-debuts-on-a320-and-a330-families-of-aircraft/

However Emauel already said that they are not planning on implementing it so I don't think there is any point in discussing it further?

2 minutes ago, Griffin78 said:

However Emauel already said that they are not planning on implementing it so I don't think there is any point in discussing it further?

Correct. It has been discussed a few times already here. 

Sorry if you get asked this so many times, but i've been looking forward to this forever, any estimated release date? sorry if your sick of this question.

7 minutes ago, A320neo777 said:

Sorry if you get asked this so many times, but i've been looking forward to this forever, any estimated release date? sorry if your sick of this question.

Please feel free to read a little bit through the last couple of pages of this topic to get an idea of the status the project is currently in.

Just now, Tom A320 said:

Please feel free to read a little bit through the last couple of pages of this topic to get an idea of the status the project is currently in.

I was just doing that, I guess a few months time? Just a little guess. 

Will there be a livery manager like the A318 and A319 to download user made liveries? 

1 minute ago, A320neo777 said:

I was just doing that, I guess a few months time? Just a little guess. 

2 minutes ago, A320neo777 said:

Will there be a livery manager like the A318 and A319 to download user made liveries? 

Everything you know from the A318-A321 will be included in the A330 as well.

1 hour ago, Doughnut1621 said:

I dont think they should implement the OANS system for this A330 and i believe its not gonna happen but i wish in further time an A380 would be released at this high detailed level rather than 727's etc, an A380 at this detail and with OANS system would be amazing though.

4 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Everything you know from the A318-A321 will be included in the A330 as well.

Oh awesome! Thanks for replying ! 

2 minutes ago, Declan99911 said:

I dont think they should implement the OANS system for this A330 and i believe its not gonna happen [...]

No reason for "believing". A very clear answer on this has been given just a few posts before. Please do not follow up this discussion which has just been closed 6 posts before yours.

So is there a chance for an Airbus Series Vol.2 Book for those who want a proper introduction to this plane??

I'm pumped for this. This plane looks amazing! My logbook is gonna have a lot of DAL A330 flights. :D